Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 12-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Reggie Theus has interest in Arizona job

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/ua/a...atheus-CR.html
Quote:
Reggie Theus said he "obviously" would be interested in the head men's basketball coaching job at the University of Arizona.

Theus said he was looking forward to "my next head coaching job, whether it be in the NBA or college" after being fired earlier this week after one-plus seasons as the Sacramento Kings head coach. The Kings were 6-18 at the time.

"Of course, I would be interested in a great job like Arizona," said Theus, 51, in a telephone interview.

Theus declined to speak further about the job saying it was "out of respect for (interim coach Russ Pennell)."

Before taking the Sacramento Kings job in June 2007, Theus revitalized the New Mexico State basketball program, guiding it to the 2006 NCAA tournament for the first time since 1999 with a 25-9 record.

The year before, in his first season, the Aggies went 16-14 after going 6-24 before that.

Theus was an assistant under Rick Pitino before taking the job at New Mexico State. Also an NBA analyst for TNT and ESPN, he had a 13-year career in the NBA, finishing up in 1991.

Theus said he knows about UA's long history of success and has "great respect" for retired UA coach Lute Olson.

"I've been a fan of his since I was a kid," Theus said about Olson. "He's created such an atmosphere down there. I've seen a lot of positive things from that community for a long time."
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: