Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #1
Pombal
Banned

Default Bulls get 9th

Portland went 6 to 1st

Pombal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #2
bullsfan
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Bulls get 9th

Lets trade the pick, Nocioni(sign and trade), and couple of second rounders for Randolph if it works we might need to add someone too
bullsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:48 PM   #3
trig
Decent college freshman

If bulls can get randolph, they'll be an exact copy of the pistons

Hinrich - billups solid pg
Gordon - Rip shooter
Deng - Prince long armed forward
Zach - Rasheed bad boy from portland
BenW - BenW need I say more hehe

and like the pistons when they got wallace, win the championship next year hehe
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
trig
Decent college freshman

I wonder if ATL would draft a forward like Brandan/Horford or would they trade down.

Maybe bulls can offer noce + #9 + 2 2nd rounders for #3 and Lue or Anthony Johnson. Or maybe Bulls also add duhon

ATL will then draft Conley and Hawes or Hibbert
Bulls draft Brandan or Horford

ATL

Conley\Duhon\Lue
JJ\Childress
Josh
Marvin\Noce
Hibbert or Hawes\pachulia

Bulls

Hinrich\Johnson
BenG\Thabo
Deng
Tyrus\Horford or Wright
BenW
Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #5
Tyquan1987
Learning to shoot layups

I think that Bulls are gonna stand pat at #9 and see what happens......I still think we may be able to get Gasol with the #9 and Nocioni.....maybe I'm just daydreaming......but I think that Gasol will come cheaper than Garnett.....if that was the case.....in terms of players and picks.....but if we keep it.....then Hibbert, Hawes, or Joakim Noah will be very good pieces to the dynasty that Pax is building......Go BULLS!!!
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:39 PM   #6
trig
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyquan1987
I think that Bulls are gonna stand pat at #9 and see what happens......I still think we may be able to get Gasol with the #9 and Nocioni.....maybe I'm just daydreaming......but I think that Gasol will come cheaper than Garnett.....if that was the case.....in terms of players and picks.....but if we keep it.....then Hibbert, Hawes, or Joakim Noah will be very good pieces to the dynasty that Pax is building......Go BULLS!!!

Noah is nice but he reminds me of Chandler. He's not a low post scorer. Hawes is Ok but I'm not a big fan of White centers. Not that im racial or something. Jianlian is a high risk high reward type of player
Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #7
Tyquan1987
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
Noah is nice but he reminds me of Chandler. He's not a low post scorer. Hawes is Ok but I'm not a big fan of White centers. Not that im racial or something. Jianlian is a high risk high reward type of player

I think that if Yi Jianlian falls to 9....then we should take him.....he looks very athletic for somebody that is 7'1, and with Ben Wallace there to teach him how to play defense......he could really do some things in Chicago at the 4......lol with the luck that Chicago has with Duke players, we might get McRoberts in the 2nd round.....
Old 05-23-2007, 12:59 AM   #8
KaptnKirk12
Made that high school varsity squad

Hibbert or Hawes, need a solid - LOW RISK, post player. Out of the best back to the basket players in the draft, Hibbert and Hawes are a close 2/3, behind Horford.

Unless we are dealing for KG, JO, or Gasol (Which at this point I'd rather have Hibbert or Hawes rather than Gasol), it'd be a mistake to take someone rather than Hibbert or Hawes. We are that close to becomming a Championship team, we just need the low post guy, if we get Hibbert or Hawes, we would have a really good chance of getting further into the Playoffs.

Yi has to much of a risk involved to go for it. Why "waste" the 9th pick on someone who could possibly flop. Remember we had Curry - one of the top forwards in the league, we need another guy with big size, soft hands, and a back to the basket game - Hibbert or Hawes, I have been saying it since they both declared.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:31 AM   #9
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Hawes has got to be our guy and is sure to be available when we pick. The Bulls would add size and probably the best low post scorer in the draft! Hibbert is fine, but I like Hawes more because he can score from more areas on the court and he's quicker. Hawes would be great for a Bulls team that really needs low post scoring.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 AM   #10
beau_boy04
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pombal
Portland went 6 to 1st

hypothetically that could've been us, had the Knicks lost their last regular season game. :rollingeyes:
beau_boy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:43 AM   #11
Tyquan1987
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Yi has to much of a risk involved to go for it. Why "waste" the 9th pick on someone who could possibly flop. Remember we had Curry - one of the top forwards in the league, we need another guy with big size, soft hands, and a back to the basket game - Hibbert or Hawes, I have been saying it since they both declared.

I don't think Hawes is as good as Hibbert........he's good on the block, but the kid only played 1 year......so he can be just as much of a bust as any other player in the draft, including Yi......A few years ago, people talked about Dirk probably being a bust compared to other prospects in that draft.....look where he is now.....u can't teach size, and the kid is 7'1 with tremendous athleticism for his size......now, if Yi is gone.....then take Hibbert over Hawes...I think he's the better passer, and he's 7'2 with good post skills.

Oh, and I still don't think that the Bulls are a championship team yet, even with the big man.....They need to find a REAL 2 guard that can score AND play defense.....Gordon is a 6th man, plain and simple.....Maybe somebody like Jason Richardson....who's 6'6 and has post up skills and can shoot the 3, as well as being a solid defender.....Sefolosha could be the answer, if he gets more consistent with his offensive game.....but until the Bulls decide what to do at the 2, I see teams like the Pistons just going at Ben every time they run their offense, and take advantage of him.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:44 AM   #12
trig
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyquan1987
I don't think Hawes is as good as Hibbert........he's good on the block, but the kid only played 1 year......so he can be just as much of a bust as any other player in the draft, including Yi......A few years ago, people talked about Dirk probably being a bust compared to other prospects in that draft.....look where he is now.....u can't teach size, and the kid is 7'1 with tremendous athleticism for his size......now, if Yi is gone.....then take Hibbert over Hawes...I think he's the better passer, and he's 7'2 with good post skills.

Oh, and I still don't think that the Bulls are a championship team yet, even with the big man.....They need to find a REAL 2 guard that can score AND play defense.....Gordon is a 6th man, plain and simple.....Maybe somebody like Jason Richardson....who's 6'6 and has post up skills and can shoot the 3, as well as being a solid defender.....Sefolosha could be the answer, if he gets more consistent with his offensive game.....but until the Bulls decide what to do at the 2, I see teams like the Pistons just going at Ben every time they run their offense, and take advantage of him.

I think the bulls can be champions w/ gordon at 2 if they can get a legit post scorer like randolph. Tyrus also showed signs of being a young shawn marion in the pistons series. His basketball iq is not high but I see him working hard and listening to the vets so that will improve also.

I also want hibbert over hawes. Hibbert looks like can contribute quality minutes right away and still have a lot of upside while hawes i think will become brad miller/chris mihm at best
Old 05-23-2007, 12:06 PM   #13
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Well a lot of sources are saying that Hibbert will stay one more year with Georgetown.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:53 PM   #14
trig
Decent college freshman

oh well, this lessens the choices. hawes, yi or trade the pick to get a post scorer
Old 05-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #15
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

How about the Bulls trade down their pick along with Duhon and Nocioni for the Warriors first round pick (18), second round pick (36) and Biedrins.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: