Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default Anyone with me?

I say instead of making a huge ridiculous trade that would force the Bulls to give up Thomas, Deng, Gordon or Hinrich the Bulls should just draft a decent pick and try and sign a free agent PF who can give the Bulls some points. In a few seasons a team of Thomas, Deng, Gordon, Hinrich and Sefolosha could be dominating the east. Thomas just finished his rookie season and if he improves he could be someone that would give the Bulls 15-20 PPG, 7 RPG and lead the league in blocks. Almost any major trade to get Kobe or Garnett would likely involve Thomas being traded and right now I really don't want to trade Thomas, Deng or Kirk.

If Paxson can pull off a really good deal with Minnesota or LA and get Garnett or Kobe without giving up too much then I'd be all for that. But this Bulls team could be great with the players they already have.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:45 PM   #2
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

Default Re: Anyone with me?

even if our MUST is a big man who can score and be dangerous inside, honestly I don't see how we could become the beast in the east if we don't upgrade in sg spot too, and take a player more talented of average who can be our go to guy, to battle against LBJ, Wade, etc....
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk
even if our MUST is a big man who can score and be dangerous inside, honestly I don't see how we could become the beast in the east if we don't upgrade in sg spot too, and take a player more talented of average who can be our go to guy, to battle against LBJ, Wade, etc....

Yeah you do have a point. As much as I like Gordon there's just no way the Bulls are getting it done with Gordon & Hinrich and between them I'd much rather see Gordon go than Hinrich.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:06 AM   #4
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

you both have good points....but, more importantly, a nice pick of a post up player...........we all understand that gordon is short, but he has a something not all sg's have, a killer jumpshot..............allen iverson is short too, but he is one of the best in the league and i would say the best small guy all time, but no one talks about his height..............when gordon was killing everybody in his rookie year, we didn't hear all these talks about him being short........sometimes, we can't have it both ways......thatz why pax drafted thabo to be the bigger sg to back up..........boykins is small as hell, but lotz of teams seems to love the guy cause he still in the league..........in was when hinrich got drafted then gordon and deng that the bulls started being one of the best again..........before that, we were in the bottom of the east.........so, as much as a lot of people wanna get rid of gordon, itz cool...........if he does get traded and the bulls sign a bigger sg, we're gonna hear talks again about we need scoring ...........

so, if there's no good trade on the table........keep the pick and draft a nice big man...........

c - wallace
pf - (jianlian)(noah)(hawes)
sf - deng
sg - gordon
pg - hinrich
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #5
idizzle
Good college starter

I say if you can trade for a taller shooting guard that can score and hold his own I say trade Gordon. Gordons my boy but he got straight beat up by the taller Piston guards in the playoffs. What guard could you get for BG7? Please no Kobe please. I'm tired of hearing about him cmoing to ChicagO. He should have signed with the Bulls when he had a chance and now he wants to braek up the entire team. Keep his ass in Los Angeles. And if the Bulls can a low post scorer for cheap like say Mikki Moore or Joe Smith then the Bulls are set.

Last edited by idizzle : 06-23-2007 at 12:19 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:22 PM   #6
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
you both have good points....but, more importantly, a nice pick of a post up player...........we all understand that gordon is short, but he has a something not all sg's have, a killer jumpshot..............allen iverson is short too, but he is one of the best in the league and i would say the best small guy all time, but no one talks about his height..............when gordon was killing everybody in his rookie year, we didn't hear all these talks about him being short........sometimes, we can't have it both ways......thatz why pax drafted thabo to be the bigger sg to back up..........boykins is small as hell, but lotz of teams seems to love the guy cause he still in the league..........in was when hinrich got drafted then gordon and deng that the bulls started being one of the best again..........before that, we were in the bottom of the east.........so, as much as a lot of people wanna get rid of gordon, itz cool...........if he does get traded and the bulls sign a bigger sg, we're gonna hear talks again about we need scoring ...........

so, if there's no good trade on the table........keep the pick and draft a nice big man...........

c - wallace
pf - (jianlian)(noah)(hawes)
sf - deng
sg - gordon
pg - hinrich

i agree 100%
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 01:40 PM   #7
KaptnKirk12
Made that high school varsity squad

I say we get Hawes in the draft.

Then use the other draft picks to pick up DJ Strawberry, then take a chance with the other one on another big guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideHoops
Former Maryland guard D.J. Strawberry was one of four players who worked out for the Washington Wizards yesterday at Verizon Center. Strawberry, who averaged 14.9 points and 3.5 assists as a senior last season, is projected as a possible second-round pick in Thursday's draft and has worked out for several teams after attending the NBA's pre-draft camp in Orlando. Strawberry's best asset may be his versatility after playing point guard and shooting guard in his four seasons at Maryland. Plus, he's a skilled defender.

Also if we could possible get a really good post man for Nocioni and Gordon, then use our 9th pick and draft Corey Brewer possibly, or some other big gaurd.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:12 PM   #8
taurus515th
Saw a basketball once

Im not for making a big trade either but one post-player guy can come cheap.

i have a lot of offseason senerios that i havent posted here but another one ive been thinking of that i know everyone has been hating on Randolph but think about this.

What if we start Sefolosha. Paxson kindof even hinted about saying Gordon shouldnt get to comfortable about starting. If Hinrich and Sefolosha will be our defensive starting guards it would really help us out. We know these 2 our great defensive players and if they can frustrate our opponents guards like Wade etc which has happened, Gordon coming off the bench can really do his thing 4 the fact that if our opponents get frustrated, it gets much easier for him to score and maybe his lack of defense might now show as much. (Im not saying Gordon is better coming off the bench but would be better for our team if he did). now that if we get Randolph, points wont be lost at the beginning of the game because we will likely have more points from our starters then last season. Also i think Gordon will really improve mostly once we get that post-player.

There is a lot of stuff about Randolph and yet what about other players in the league that do bad stuff and just gets covered up because they are popular athletes in the league?

PG-Hinrich 6'3
SG-Sefolosha 6'7
SF-Deng 6'10
PF-Randolph 6'9
C-Wallace 6'7

-Gordon, Nocioni, Thomas, Griffin, Brown, etc..... (also more bench points than last season)

Everyone wants to say that Gordon will most likely want to start if not he will demand a trade but to me, i really doubt this is true for the fact that this season Gordon said as long as he gets his minutes he doesnt mind coming off the bench.
taurus515th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:40 PM   #9
selrahc
Local High School Star

i say we pick kevin durant in the draft hopefully hes still there at the 7th pick
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:42 PM   #10
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
i say we pick kevin durant in the draft hopefully hes still there at the 7th pick

You're kidding, right?

Not only will he not be there by the 7th pick in the draft but the Bulls have the 9th pick.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:22 AM   #11
KaptnKirk12
Made that high school varsity squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus515th
PG-Hinrich 6'3
SG-Sefolosha 6'7
SF-Deng 6'10
PF-Randolph 6'9
C-Wallace 6'7

-Gordon, Nocioni, Thomas, Griffin, Brown, etc..... (also more bench points than last season)

I am not questioning your deal, I think it'd be great to get Randolph. But your height's are really messed up.

Thabo is 6'5.
Deng is 6'9. Which I still think is to tall.
Wallace is 6'9. Plays like he is 6'11-7'0.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #12
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

Randolph is too selfish to be a Skiles player.
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: