Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default what if....vasectomies were forced on all males at a young age by law

and they could have them reversed whenever they wanted?...whenever they felt like they were ready to have kids? It would rid the country of accidental pregnancy at a young age. (which is a huge problem in terms of fighting poverty)

I know this is way to radical of an idea to ever happen...but I'm not sure it wouldn't work wonders for the population as a whole.

Default Re: what if....vasectomies were forced on all males at a young age by law

Not a bad idea because it's reversible and you can just do it when circumcised.

Default Re: what if....vasectomies were forced on all males at a young age by law

Ok.

NBA Legend

I have been proposing for the last couple years that certain types of offenders in the legal system should have the option to undergo vasectomy/hysterectomy in lieu of the sentence they would otherwise receive (fines/community service/jail time etc).

I think this is a great solution that would mutually benefit everyone, but of course the PC crowd is too pansy to ever go for it. The lawyers of the ACLU would scheme to raise a buck from the bleeding heart ******* who donate to them by plucking their little puzzy heart strings about how thats so wrong and these lawyers need to take it to court and fight the big bad establishment man. And the little aclu donor weenies would line these lawyers pockets at the expense of a practical social solution, because that is frankly the only real purpose of the ACLU. Take advantage of liberal puzzies to keep their lawyers paid fighting a bunch of embarrassing battles in court.

Learning to shoot layups

Wouldn't this lead to more unprotected sex which in turn leads to more disease? Granted more disease does follow suit with population control but isn't a preferred method

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

How many that think this is a good idea think they themselves should have been given a vasectomy at the age of 12, or is this just a good idea for other people?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    and they could have them reversed whenever they wanted?...whenever they felt like they were ready to have kids? It would rid the country of accidental pregnancy at a young age. (which is a huge problem in terms of fighting poverty)

I know this is way to radical of an idea to ever happen...but I'm not sure it wouldn't work wonders for the population as a whole.

IMO it's unnecessary and expensive to do this to all males. Just target groups that are statistically most likely to produce neglected children and incentivize them to undergo the procedure. Like I said, offering it as a plea bargain option in the justice system is a good first step, IMO. Or as an alternative to deportation for illegals.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 02-27-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    How many that think this is a good idea think they themselves should have been given a vasectomy at the age of 12, or is this just a good idea for other people?
    it would be more for poverty level peeps...teenage child birth, no father, etc is at the heart of the problem for many very poor families

however the way I invision it would be for ALL males of ALL income level families...because that is the only way it could be thrown out

Still in the league Marcus Thornton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edb33
    Wouldn't this lead to more unprotected sex which in turn leads to more disease? Granted more disease does follow suit with population control but isn't a preferred method
    I agree. Also, there needs to be a study on whether or not vasectomies at early ages have negative long term effects.

it would be more for poverty level peeps...teenage child birth, no father, etc is at the heart of the problem for many very poor families

however the way I invision it would be for ALL males of ALL income level families...because that is the only way it could be thrown out
    As you probably know there's really no way it could happen in the America of today. But regardless, you didn't directly answer my question. Would you be accepting of teeny-tiddy getting a vasectomy?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    As you probably know there's really no way it could happen in the America of today. But regardless, you didn't directly answer my question. Would you be accepting of teeny-tiddy getting a vasectomy?
    I have a son and would absolutely hate it if he made me a grandfather when he was 16 to some random 15 year old, that would be a MFin nightmare...I would have no issues with him getting this done

*IF* I determined that there was a high chance of that happening I might just do it myself...

so "yes" I would be accepting

what are the reasons for not doing this assuming all operations were paid for by the Gov and it could be reversed whenever the male wants?

I can see religion getting in the way big time...that's about it

NBA Legend

what are the reasons for not doing this assuming all operations were paid for by the Gov and it could be reversed whenever the male wants?

THis is an unprecedented degree of government regulation. It would be extremely expensive. There is risk involved and if someone is mutilated by a forced government act the situation gets really messy, pun intended.

It is not going to happen.

Stop discussing that idea and discuss the one I proposed instead please. That one actually has legs.

what are the reasons for not doing this
    Well, for starters, it's a vasectomy. I most certainly do not want the government messing with my balls. oh, and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by What are the risks of vasectomy?

Although vasectomy is safe and highly effective, men should be aware of problems that could occur after surgery and over time.1
    Surgical Risks

After surgery, most men have discomfort, bruising, and some swelling, all of which usually go away within 2 weeks. Problems that can occur after surgery and need to be checked by a health care provider include:

Hematoma. Bleeding under the skin that can lead to painful swelling.
    Infection. Fever and scrotal redness and tenderness are signs of infection.5

Other Risks

The risk of other problems is small, but they do occur. These include:

A lump in the scrotum, called a granuloma. This is formed from sperm that leak out of the vas deferens into the tissue.3
    Pain in the testicles that doesn't go away. This is called postvasectomy pain syndrome and occurs in about 10% of men.
    But, you know, only one in 10 of us would have his balls aching for the rest of his life, no big deal.

I know there is no chance for it to happen, stated that in the OP

sex offenders should get the castration pill...

there is a pill that temporarily castrates men...it has been used in prisons in some european prison and the result was ZERO prison rape

this pill makes sex urges vanish completely...would love to see it used on sex offenders