NBA Superstar

Default My new spoil myself food kick = latino food trucks w/ grilles

man these are popping up all over the place now. I swear in one small area there are about 6 of them now...

it all started with this one place i'd go to every so often. I saw like a handful of people out there waiting where it looked sort of crowded on the way home from work so i stopped in....and damn was the value amazing along with the food being delicious

you can get grilled chicken, pork/beef ribs, carne asada(basically one grilled meat)..and all come served with mexican rice, beans, and tomatoe in a styrofoam platter. Meat portions are HUGE(ask for BBQ sauce squirted on if you want flavor). Each platter also comes with 2 of those grilled pita-like breads(whatever they call it) and these deliciously flavored onions/carrots in a plastic bag(some type of oj flavor concoction). All of that is $10. You go anywhere else for this quantity of food and its more than most restaurant $25 dishes.

so that one place was constantly busy, making money hand over first, and now there are like 6 of these all within a 3 mile radius. there is even another food truck right near that sells $6 burritos/ $6 chicken/steak quesidillas....alll WAY better than Chipotle/Qdoba.

I used to go to Chipotle a lot but these food trucks are so much better in value and taste...people just don't know. if you see a mexican food truck with a huge wooded grille next to it, try it....its probably the best bang for the buck tasting dinner you can get anywhere these days

btw its sort of messed up there are restaurants around this truck/grille and it does way more business than those places from a day to day. like no overhead, so little taxes, and all of that BS real location businesses have to deal with...and doing SO much better than them too. it's got to piss them off since they're taking alot of their possible customers too i bet. also its a cash business so you know they aren't reporting most of their income
    Last edited by Godzuki; 07-26-2014 at 07:36 PM.

Default Re: My new spoil myself food kick = latino food trucks w/ grilles

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    man these are popping up all over the place now. I swear in one small area there are about 6 of them now...

it all started with this one place i'd go to every so often. I saw like a handful of people out there waiting where it looked sort of crowded on the way home from work so i stopped in....and damn was the value amazing along with the food being delicious

you can get grilled chicken, pork/beef ribs, carne asada(basically one grilled meat)..and all come served with mexican rice, beans, and tomatoe in a styrofoam platter. Meat portions are HUGE. Each platter also comes with 2 of those grilled pita-like breads(whatever they call it) and these deliciously flavored onions/carrots in a plastic bag(some type of oj flavor concoction). All of that is $10. You go anywhere else for this quantity of food and its more than most restaurant $25 dishes.

so that one place was constantly busy, making money hand over first, and now there are like 6 of these all within a 3 mile radius. there is even another food truck right near that sells $6 burritos/ $6 chicken/steak quesidillas....alll WAY better than Chipotle/Qdoba.

I used to go to Chipotle a lot but these food trucks are so much better in value and taste...people just don't know. if you see a mexican food truck with a huge wooded grille next to it, try it....its probably the best bang for the buck tasting dinner you can get anywhere these days
    where do you live?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    where do you live?

maryland, between baltimore - DC suburbs

you can get grilled chicken, pork/beef ribs, carne asada(basically one grilled meat)..and all come served with mexican rice, beans, and tomatoe in a styrofoam platter. Meat portions are HUGE. Each platter also comes with 2 of those grilled pita-like breads(whatever they call it) and these deliciously flavored onions/carrots in a plastic bag(some type of oj flavor concoction). All of that is $10. You go anywhere else for this quantity of food and its more than most restaurant $25 dishes.

They have no running water. The place is contaminated with germs.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    They have no running water. The place is contaminated with germs.

they actually get it from the building adjacent to them. These trucks pay rent to the property/building owners which are right next to them. Well some do at least...

but yeah that was my biggest worry before even trying one of these food trucks. I always thought i could get food poisoning easy. i've had them at least probably 15~ or more times by this point, haven't been sick yet. i think getting sick from a fast food joint with some kid working burgers that doesn't give a fukk is more likely tbh. eating out is always a risk.

i emphasize go to the trucks with the big wooded grilles on the side. the regular food trucks aren't on that level at all but i loved grilled food.

Been hittin taco trucks since the 80's son.

Spicy pork torta are fire.

Seveche is banged too.

maryland, between baltimore - DC suburbs
    Explains it.

I've been eating at Roach Coaches since 98.

$5 for a carne asada burrito with everything and a bottle of Mejican coke.

Yes please.

NBA Superstar

lemme add this because i can't get it out of my head.

the food truck next to the grilled food truck place that is booming....

where i can get the $6 burritos/quesidillas.....

i swear these mexicans are selling drugs out of there, and the only reason i say that is i see this drug addict looking mf'er after i place my order. i'm chilling on a picnic table waiting for my order to be ready, and this meth head looking dude comes up and is like "i want a chicken burrito with that special stuff on it, you know what i'm talking about"....and it was like he knew them or was a regular. First i didn't think this meth head looking dude even had the money to afford it, he looked like one of those guys at a trafffic light begging for change. and second its 2 dudes in there who run this truck(i think females are less likely to run something like that).

i swear it just came across as real odd, and i was thinking how great of a dealer joint would a mobile latino food truck be?!!

maybe i'm being crazy but damn, thats been running thru my head ever since that moment.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Been hittin taco trucks since the 80's son.

Spicy pork torta are fire.

Seveche is banged too.

i love pork, i've been on a health kick lately but i've fallen off abit lol, maybe i'll try that pork torta whatever that is...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Explains it.

I've been eating at Roach Coaches since 98.

$5 for a carne asada burrito with everything and a bottle of Mejican coke.

Yes please.

i swear by the ones with the big wooded grills on the side of the trucks. those are the joints i'm talking about. thing is i tried one of the new ones that popped up today and they didn't even give the onions/carrot thing or the pita bread thing either.....

i think i'm going to go back to the crowded one as my go to.

There goes any hopes of reducing obesity rates.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I've been going to the taco truck in my friends neighborhood for years. It's a mexican neighborhood so you have about two grocery trucks and two taco trucks out there all day basically. You can get 10 mini street tacos for 5 bucks with some complimentary coconut water. Great stuff especially when you are broke and/or stoned. Technically I've been eating out of one for even more years as this little mexican place with out 4 tables is right around the corner from my block and about a 60 sec walk. They have trucks too that I've seen out in the back when I've came around 6am after being up all night on a bender and needed a greasy burrito. (haha)
    Last edited by Smoke117; 07-27-2014 at 12:38 AM.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

*stand

i love pork, i've been on a health kick lately but i've fallen off abit lol, maybe i'll try that pork torta whatever that is...
    It's a Mexican sandwich basically.

Just like any sandwich places , they are a bit different / better.

Spicy pork torta. Fire. Make sure acacados on there. One by my house charges extra and don't come with it.

Some taco trucks use thicker bread than others, some places make em wet. Etc. Hope you like the style of yours.