Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Dwight Howard says he'd be OK with coming to Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Blah blah blah. He doesn't want to go to Chicago.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...-orlando-magic
    Except a Chicago reporter traveled to New Orleans to interview Dwight after the Magic-Hornets game. Dwight's agent had something to do with that i would think.

Default Re: My source has informed me Dwight is okay with coming to Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    I don't see it happening. Somebody pointed out that Rose and Dwight are both under Adidas; there's no way in hell Dwight would go to the same market as Rose.
    Wade and Lebron are both Nike.

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Noah and Taj Gibson and the Bobcats draft pick is a pretty damn good deal.

I agree, that's a great deal for the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by hoop_soup
    Except a Chicago reporter traveled to New Orleans to interview Dwight after the Magic-Hornets game. Dwight's agent had something to do with that i would think.
    Chicago reporters are all over the place... same as LA and NY reporters. Big markets have room for lots of stories.

Get your head out of your ass dude.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by simcjt

What kinda of bullshit logic is this. Have 2 stars never do anything or Have a stacked team that could win a championship advertise the Adidas brand.
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Since when were you not allowed to play with a player that advertised the same brand as you? That made no sense so that was awkward.

Also, Noah cannot be dealt at least according to the ESPN Trade machine. Boozer would probably have to be in the deal.

That would be great. The Bulls aren't winning the ECF without an elite player who can play with Rose.

But I still don't understand why he wants teams like the Nets, Dallas or Boston but was never interested in Chi-Town.
    When you read the interview(s), it seems like the Bulls are at the bottom of his list (They have a top-10 player who's under 25, one of the best coach in the world, a big market/town, etc...)

I mean I've never went to Chicago, does this town stink that much ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ben-J
    That would be great. The Bulls aren't winning the ECF without an elite player who can play with Rose.

But I still don't understand why he wants teams like the Nets, Dallas or Boston but was never interested in Chi-Town.
    When you read the interview(s), it seems like the Bulls are at the bottom of his list (They have a top-10 player who's under 25, one of the best coach in the world, a big market/town, etc...)

I mean I've never went to Chicago, does this town stink that much ?
    It's his secret plan just like how Lebron never mentioned Miami but always mentioned Brooklyn, New York, and staying in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Chicago reporters are all over the place... same as LA and NY reporters. Big markets have room for lots of stories.

Get your head out of your ass dude.
    There's a difference between a direct face-face interview and second hand knowledge(looking at you Broussard) though.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Bulls trade:

Noah
    Asik
    Boozer
    Deng
    Brewer
    Lucas
    Bobcats first rounder

Magic trade:

Howard
    Duhon
    Hedo
    Orton

Magic get a good pick, something every team not named Nets can't offer. Get veterans in Boozer and Deng. Young talent in Lucas and Asik. Reliable player in Brewer and player with potential upside in Noah. Magic owner already has said on record he isn't looking to acquire just straight young players. He wants established talents and picks. Bulls might have the best offer if they allow themselves to out of all the other teams. I would say Warriors but I doubt Dwight will agree to an extension and they would be stupid to trade Ellis or Curry for a player for two months.
    From a life-long Bulls fan.

I agree with your last post, you are thinking of this from way too objective of a standpoint. The great thing about our team (Bulls) this year is that we have such a complete and deep team. For any-body who doesn't watch us regularly, you would think more than half our team is just trade-able assets that can easily be replaceable. Which is wrong.

You look at Brewers numbers, and you immediately under-estimate him by forgetting his ability to fill in on both the offensive and defensive side for both the two-guard and small forward positions. You put Asik, Noah, and Boozer in the trade and then forget that your trading away all of the Bulls centers for one center (granted it is Dwight Howard). Where is our depth now at the front line?

I can tell you right now, there is no way in this Derrick-Rose led Bulls team era where I think Hedo is a good replacement for Deng. Not to mention we're also giving away Brewer.

All these players might not seem like much from the outside, but collectively in this team, coach, and system... it would be much harder then you make it seem to find players to replace them.

Essentially, that trade destroys our teams depth; our depth is one of the most important reasons why we are succeeding like we are this season. Yes we get Howard (Howard is Howard), and Hedo is flexible in his capability of performing point guard duties when he is asked to, but your trading away practically our entire front-line including the bench (depth) players, trading away two players who have proven themselves to play hard on both sides of the floor and produce (Deng and Brewer), another back-court player in Lucas, and a first round pick.

Again, I concede that we get the best center and defensive player in the league. Yes we would get the defensive player of the year... but we're already a great defensive team. With this trade.... who's going to guard the Lebron James and Dwayne Wade without Deng and Brewer? Hedo is flexible and has proven himself a great play-maker.... but we already have Derrick Rose and do not need someone to fill that role. Who's going to play the 4 along-side Howard? Gibson? What happens when Howard gets into foul trouble or when Gibson needs to be subbed out?

Simply put, the trade you proposed cuts into the very heart and soul that makes this Bulls team so successful. I commend your attempt to find a trade that is fair to the Magic, who appear to be screwed no matter what this season, but I hope what i discussed in my post gives you a better idea of why so many true Bulls fans have choked at your trade proposal.

NBA lottery pick

Big Baby + Dwight + Hedo

for

Noah + Boozer + Deng + Watson

Fair trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee
    From a life-long Bulls fan.

I agree with your last post, you are thinking of this from way too objective of a standpoint. The great thing about our team (Bulls) this year is that we have such a complete and deep team. For any-body who doesn't watch us regularly, you would think more than half our team is just trade-able assets that can easily be replaceable. Which is wrong.

You look at Brewers numbers, and you immediately under-estimate him by forgetting his ability to fill in on both the offensive and defensive side for both the two-guard and small forward positions. You put Asik, Noah, and Boozer in the trade and then forget that your trading away all of the Bulls centers for one center (granted it is Dwight Howard). Where is our depth now at the front line?

I can tell you right now, there is no way in this Derrick-Rose led Bulls team era where I think Hedo is a good replacement for Deng. Not to mention we're also giving away Brewer.

All these players might not seem like much from the outside, but collectively in this team, coach, and system... it would be much harder then you make it seem to find players to replace them.

Essentially, that trade destroys our teams depth; our depth is one of the most important reasons why we are succeeding like we are this season. Yes we get Howard (Howard is Howard), and Hedo is flexible in his capability of performing point guard duties when he is asked to, but your trading away practically our entire front-line including the bench (depth) players, trading away two players who have proven themselves to play hard on both sides of the floor and produce (Deng and Brewer), another back-court player in Lucas, and a first round pick.

Again, I concede that we get the best center and defensive player in the league. Yes we would get the defensive player of the year... but we're already a great defensive team. With this trade.... who's going to guard the Lebron James and Dwayne Wade without Deng and Brewer? Hedo is flexible and has proven himself a great play-maker.... but we already have Derrick Rose and do not need someone to fill that role. Who's going to play the 4 along-side Howard? Gibson? What happens when Howard gets into foul trouble or when Gibson needs to be subbed out?

Simply put, the trade you proposed cuts into the very heart and soul that makes this Bulls team so successful. I commend your attempt to find a trade that is fair to the Magic, who appear to be screwed no matter what this season, but I hope what i discussed in my post gives you a better idea of why so many true Bulls fans have choked at your trade proposal.
    While that trade proposal may be an unrealistic, unreasonable one. You are overrating the "value" of these role players. They are replacable. Eliminating all of them? That itself is unreplacable but please do not think finding Brewers, Taj Gibson, Kyle Korvers, Asik, Cj Watsons of the world are a tough find. They're not. Just need to point that out. With success, fans tend to think way more of their role players than they should be.

I dont think Chicago has a package to put together and aquire Dwight Howard. What Orlando wants, Chicago wouldnt be interested to give up. And I cant knock them given the only team in the East stopping them from getting to the NBA Finals are the Miami Heat. And getting Dwight while losing so much in the process is not worth it. Unless you do a trade of this kind in the offseason. Then you're better able to find out what to replace, with who and for what.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Big Baby + Dwight + Hedo

for

Noah + Boozer + Deng + Watson

Fair trade.
    No thanks. I'll give up 2 of Noah, Boozer, Deng for Dwight. That is if, and only IF, he signs an extension to come.

But if something like that went down, it's not like I'd be throwing a fit lol. It's Dwight Howard + Derrick Rose.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    No thanks. I'll give up 2 of Noah, Boozer, Deng for Dwight. That is if, and only IF, he signs an extension to come.

But if something like that went down, it's not like I'd be throwing a fit lol. It's Dwight Howard + Derrick Rose.
    You're a retard. Who knows, maybe your GM is just as big of a retard if they think RIP is the missing piece.