Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
new noise
madvillain

new noise has an OK reputation so far
Default I'm hurting for steals. Can I drop anyone without suffering in another cat?

Roto, 8-cat scoring.

I'm leading in Assists, Rebounds and Blocks, but I'm getting nothing for Steals and not much in 3PM.

I'm looking to pick up Ronnie Brewer from the Jazz, who's been scoring the ball well, and more importantly racking up steals like a monster - 2.8 per over the first four games, and 4 already in the game tonight with the 2nd quarter only just starting.

If I pick him up, can I afford to drop any of the guys on my roster and not take much of a hit in any other category? I'd like to make a splash without giving up my dominance in some of the other cats.

PG Steve Nash
SG Brandon Roy
G Gilbert Arenas
SF Kyle Korver
PF Al Jefferson
F Andrei Kirilenko
FC Drew Gooden
C Yao Ming
utl Tony Parker
Bench - Jamal Crawford
Bench - Martell Webster
Bench - David Lee
Bench - Lamar Odom
Bench - Udonis Haslem

Last edited by new noise : 11-07-2007 at 11:21 PM.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I'm hurting for steals. Can I drop anyone without suffering in another cat?

Drop Webster, he's only good for points and a little 3.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #3
new noise
madvillain

Default Re: I'm hurting for steals. Can I drop anyone without suffering in another cat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

He was the first guy that came to mind for me too. Anyone else have any suggestions?

And make that five steals for Brewer with 3 minutes til halftime.

Last edited by new noise : 11-07-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 AM   #4
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

LakersFO has an OK reputation so far

My 1st instinct was to drop GOODEN, lee, or haslem.

Gooden is been playing well. Very much out of character.

Lee and Haslem are copycats of Gooden. 10pts, 8 rebs, occasional stl and blk and respectable fg%. Trade the dip in rebs for stls. Pocket watches are much harder to come by than baby back rebs. I know they are solid players, but thats the chance you take to improve other cats.

Keep Webster(3's, stls) and drop one of the other guys. Brewer can play forward too like webster. guard/forwards.

Lamar will cover the rebs anyways. Along with his 3's and stls. Don't forget about those puppies.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation

I'd suggest dropping Haslem, as you already have a few guys who do his job as well or better than him. If you pick him up, where does Brewer fit into your starting lineup?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFO
My 1st instinct was to drop GOODEN, lee, or haslem.

Gooden is been playing well. Very much out of character.

Lee and Haslem are copycats of Gooden. 10pts, 8 rebs, occasional stl and blk and respectable fg%. Trade the dip in rebs for stls. Pocket watches are much harder to come by than baby back rebs. I know they are solid players, but thats the chance you take to improve other cats.

Keep Webster(3's, stls) and drop one of the other guys. Brewer can play forward too like webster. guard/forwards.

Lamar will cover the rebs anyways. Along with his 3's and stls. Don't forget about those puppies.

Good call. I might not have been thinking about what a healthy Odom would be making up for. If he's back relatively soon and getting his 8 or 9 boards, he probably replaces Haslem nicely and I don't take much of a hit at all in that cat, and the two that I'm hurting in probably get a decent bump.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:55 PM   #7
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

I would actually suggest dropping Lee barring an injury to Eddie Curry or Randolph. I had him last year and he was great, but this year he has dropped off significantly with decreased playing time.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:12 PM   #8
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
I would actually suggest dropping Lee barring an injury to Eddie Curry or Randolph. I had him last year and he was great, but this year he has dropped off significantly with decreased playing time.

Agreed Lee will probably drop off just a little this year, but it's between him & Haslem, and to me his much better FG% and FT% are reason enough to keep him over Udonis. Right now their other stats are very similar, and once Wade is back Haslem will probably only get worse.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:18 PM   #9
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan

Disagree

DROP KORVER AND PICK UP BREWER

Other than 3's made his only other good stat is FT percentage
If FG% is one of your catergories, he's more than likely killing you in it.
2nd he's coming off the best and Webster is starting. IMO Webster will get stronger as the season goes along. And at least his can drive and take it to the hole a few boards and he already avg's on Steal.

Pick up Brewer
Keep Gooden he's good on your percentages (if thats one of your categories)
so when your elite scorers have off nights, players like gooden who normally have high FG percentages will even out the damage.

problem solved!

Personally I think if you package David Lee and AK47 you can get someone good whose more consisant. AK IMO is not gonna pile up high rebound numbers anymore with Boozer,Okur and Milsap there.

The great one has spoken

Last edited by elz : 11-08-2007 at 04:21 PM.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #10
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by elz

Personally I think if you package David Lee and AK47 you can get someone good whose more consisant. AK IMO is not gonna pile up high rebound numbers anymore with Boozer,Okur and Milsap there.

The great one has spoken

Interesting. AK and David Lee for a single player, you're saying? Think there's any chance I could get a Gerald Wallace or a Shawn Marion for the two of them?
Old 11-08-2007, 05:05 PM   #11
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Interesting. AK and David Lee for a single player, you're saying? Think there's any chance I could get a Gerald Wallace or a Shawn Marion for the two of them?

Gerald Definitely

but hold off cuz Jason Rich is really shaking things up and Im not sure how thats gonna affect Geralds Stats
he started slow last yr too though but Okafor is healthy this yr too so who knows.

but Deng most def IMO with Chicago stinking
Horford is another sleeper to me
Iguodala maybe maaaaaaybe if their sleeping!

Marion no way kid thats a top ten pick!
I'd see who bites I think AK47 is overrated and his last yr stats seem to be his new norm! But I see people still think he can fill up every stat so you might be able to steal someone due to his popularity.
Life's not fair and neither is Fantasy Basketball

Last edited by elz : 11-08-2007 at 05:08 PM.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #12
new noise
madvillain

I'd like joyofsobe or LakersFO's opinions on any of the above mentioned possible deals. Guys?

Haslem dropped for Brewer.

Last edited by new noise : 11-08-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #13
Ninja
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Ninja has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
Roto, 8-cat scoring.

I'm leading in Assists, Rebounds and Blocks, but I'm getting nothing for Steals and not much in 3PM.

I'm looking to pick up Ronnie Brewer from the Jazz, who's been scoring the ball well, and more importantly racking up steals like a monster - 2.8 per over the first four games, and 4 already in the game tonight with the 2nd quarter only just starting.

If I pick him up, can I afford to drop any of the guys on my roster and not take much of a hit in any other category? I'd like to make a splash without giving up my dominance in some of the other cats.

PG Steve Nash
SG Brandon Roy
G Gilbert Arenas
SF Kyle Korver
PF Al Jefferson
F Andrei Kirilenko
FC Drew Gooden
C Yao Ming
utl Tony Parker
Bench - Jamal Crawford
Bench - Martell Webster
Bench - David Lee
Bench - Lamar Odom
Bench - Udonis Haslem

you got enough 3's already,drops Martell Webster and Ronnie Brewer is a very pick up
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #14
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Martell Webster is nothing special, check out some of his game logs from last year with extensive minutes... nothing really jumps out at you.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: