Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 12-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default Nene and Kenyon to play tonight!!

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_7812635

Power forwards Nene and Kenyon Martin are expected to play in tonight's Denver-Milwaukee game, 7 p.m. at Pepsi Center.

The oft-injured Nene played the first five games this season, then suffered a thumb injury that required surgery. Martin suffered a hamstring injury last Thursday and missed the Nuggets two games this past weekend.

Nene will play limited minutes in his first game back, Denver coach George Karl said at this morning's shootaround. This season, Nene has averaged 6.4 points and 5.2 rebounds in 19.4 minutes.

Martin seemed confident that he could play his normal regimen — he averages 25.9 minutes, with 10.0 points and 6.0 rebounds.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Nene and Kenyon to play tonight!!

Well Martin left at the half, but I think that had more to do with the 30 pt lead.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:40 AM   #3
Geandily
Local High School Star

Ohhhh first time everyone is healthy and the Nuggets win in a blowout.

CHAMPIONSHIP BOUND!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:39 AM   #4
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

everytime i see Nene he looks different. i keep thinking the nuggets have a player.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I had to go to the Cherry Creek mall last night and missed the Bucks game. I see that Nene had 11 in 17 minutes, but how did he look? Did he come back in shape?
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #6
Geandily
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
I had to go to the Cherry Creek mall last night and missed the Bucks game. I see that Nene had 11 in 17 minutes, but how did he look? Did he come back in shape?

He lost his handle on the ball I think twice, but off of bad passes. His first play in the game he had a quick little dunk, later he had a couple good drives, was drawing fouls, fighting for rebounds, he looked good.

Only bad thing was he looked a little slow on the rotation in defense, like somebody would be open in the corner for a 3 and he would start jogging towards them, oh and him dropping those couple of passes was probably a product of the thumbcast.

Mostly though the pick&roll game he and Chucky were playing looked awesome, Nene was getting a lot of easy layups from that. I thought to myself, "Finally, somebody besides Carmelo and Iverson that can score!"
Old 12-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #7
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Nene is integral to our team, it's good to see him back in shape. Watching him in the beginning of the year was painful.

Our health is finally coming together. We need to make a run of consistent good basketball to get a good playoff seed, and now it seems like it could start. Let's hope for the best.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 01:05 AM   #8
Geandily
Local High School Star

Subpar game for Nene but that's to be expected in his first couple games back, man though, that was intense!

Hopefully Kenyon will be back for Sunday's game, I also hope it doesn't overlap with the Broncos game...
Old 12-30-2007, 08:44 AM   #9
Geandily
Local High School Star

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_7839324

Nene makes progress.

Nene has played only twice since returning from a left thumb ligament tear, and he already has an idea where he stands.

"It's good, good, sore a little bit," Nene said of his thumb. "People take the opportunity to hit my hands, but it's OK."

The forward has averaged 8.0 points and 6.5 rebounds in his first two games back in action. He's averaging about 18 minutes per game. Nene said he wants to see improved play from himself.

"For me, every time I go out there, I know I can do better," he said.

Martin update.

Once again, Martin is finding his time spent rehabbing is outstripping his actual time on the basketball court.

The frustration of his latest injury, a right hamstring strain, was easily read on his face on Saturday as he talked about his prospects for playing tonight against Golden State.

"We'll see," said Martin, who has been inactive for three of the past four games. "I ain't never had anything like this, so I don't know how to approach it. Just taking it day by day, doing stuff to see how it feels that day."

Ugh, we need to fire our training staff, everybody's always hurt and besides, they seem like really obnoxious guys. I was watching Nuggets Fastbreak once and the entire episode was on the two of them, yeesh, I just can't imagine having to work around those guys.

They had a bunch of smart alickey comments about Carmelo eating a sandwich and they made fun of Kenyon grimacing in pain when he stepped off of some chair. Then they had a bunch of sexist comments when they were being interviewed by Julie Browman. Seriously these guys need to go.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
Geandily
Local High School Star

7 Blocks for Kenyon against the Spurs, amazing game for him defensively! This guy has the potential to be a superstar...
Old 01-05-2008, 09:21 AM   #11
C -anthony15
I airball my layups

C -anthony15 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
7 Blocks for Kenyon against the Spurs, amazing game for him defensively! This guy has the potential to be a superstar...
Imagine if he hadnt had injury problems
C -anthony15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: