Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: Consensus #1 pick (according to ISH) finishes w/6 points 9 rebounds against Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
    Drummond = #1 pick, I know he says he won't declare but hes gonna pull a TT.
    He has more bust potential than anyone in the draft. Unless he goes to a place with a great PG. I think he's going to get a GM fired.

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Default Re: Consensus #1 pick (according to ISH) finishes w/6 points 9 rebounds against Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    He has more bust potential than anyone in the draft. I think he's going to get a GM fired.

I dunno, I think hes legit. I mean you can't get worse than Kwame.

Cuba

He has more bust potential than anyone in the draft. Unless he goes to a place with a great PG. I think he's going to get a GM fired.

Why is that?

No. A "Bust" is someone who comes into the league and clearly doesn't have what it takes to make it. You can recognize that early on for some players.

He just turned 18 years old bruh.

Drummond can immediately make an impact at PF in the NBA, hes more comfortable playing PF rather than banging down low as a C. Hes at his best when he can face up and take shots or finish strong at the rim. At his size they're going to move him to Center in hopes he develops the instincts needed to be a dominant C.

If you look at the 2 best C's:

It took Dwight 4 years to come into his own as a #1 option.
    It took Bynum 7 years to come into his own as an impact performer each night.

We're not going to know how good Drummond will be until hes 23-25 years old, so the whole "Bust" talk really wont matter. We'll know who the biggest Busts are in the 2012 NBA Draft by the time Drummond finishes developing his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    Why is that?
    1. He's a finesse big who isn't greatly skilled
    2. Struggles to gain low post position
    3. Plays with below average awareness and basketball IQ
    4. Can't shoot free throws
    5. Doesn't display consistent basketball fundamentals

Need more? He essentially plays like he's content being the biggest guy on the court. That will get you by in high school and college, not the pros.

And Qwyjibo, go back in your igloo or whatever kind of housing they have in Canada and let me do this. I was the one touting Jonas Valancuinas when you were on Derrick Williams Johnson (get it?), now 9 months later you hyping Valancuinas, huh?

Whatever. For the Raps, Davis actually fits what you all need. MKG as well. Those two should be at the top of your board.

You're talking about over-hyping top prospects and ripping on people for changing their minds, when you ripped Kyrie Irving and now slurp him? Shouldn't you just not be talking?

Yep.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 01-19-2012 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    No. A "Bust" is someone who comes into the league and clearly doesn't have what it takes to make it. You can recognize that early on for some players.

He just turned 18 years old bruh.

Drummond can immediately make an impact at PF in the NBA, hes more comfortable playing PF rather than banging down low as a C. Hes at his best when he can face up and take shots or finish strong at the rim. At his size they're going to move him to Center in hopes he develops the instincts needed to be a dominant C.

If you look at the 2 best C's:

It took Dwight 4 years to come into his own as a #1 option.
    It took Bynum 7 years to come into his own as an impact performer each night.

We're not going to know how good Drummond will be until hes 23-25 years old, so the whole "Bust" talk really wont matter. We'll know who the biggest Busts are in the 2012 NBA Draft by the time Drummond finishes developing his skills.
    Dwight still isn't a #1 option, BRUH. But he is, and always has been, a great rebounder and defensive presence in the paint.

Can't say the same for Drummond.

Tristeza.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse

I dunno, I think hes legit. I mean you can't get worse than Kwame.
    Kwame was an overnight sensation before he became the #1 pick.

Same with Darko.

These guys popped up within 5 month-9 months before the NBA Draft as being considered "Elite" prospects. NBA GM's did not do their due diligence in terms of scouting either player extensively before they entered their respective drafts. They saw a 5-9 month period of "potential" and gambled on it.

Drummond has been scouted/covered since he was maybe 14 years old. His family put him in prep school immediately to shield him from any sort of outside influences so he could develop his game. Im certain NBA GM's have done their homework on Drummond far more than they did on the likes of Kwame or Darko.

Its been firmly understood he would be the #1 pick whenever he came out based on the talent he showcases, and his freakish physical ability for a now 6'11 man. Thats one of the reasons I made a thread a few months ago comparing him to a young Shaq in that aspect. Drummond's a physical freak of nature. Just hope he stays healthy.

If he hadn't been so sheltered from the media/public as a prospect, there would be far more stories to tell about his athletic ability.

Dwight still isn't a #1 option, BRUH. But he is, and always has been, a great rebounder and defensive presence in the paint.

Can't say the same for Drummond.
    Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    You're talking about over-hyping top prospects and ripping on people for changing their minds, when you ripped Kyrie Irving and now slurp him? Shouldn't you just not be talking?

Yep.
    You think you know something about me yet I actually know nothing about you.

See the difference?

In the meanwhile, I remain a GAWD of my time who consistently supplies razor sharp scouting analysis. F*ck who you are. Additionally, you have a join date of Dec 2011. I should make you bow to my bunions, sucka.

Cuba

Need more? He essentially plays like he's content being the biggest guy on the court. That will get you by in high school and college, not the pros.
    All of these things are fixable though, and he has shown offensive skill, the biggest problem is that his "PG" is 2nd in shot attempts per game on his team. The Uconn backcourt doesn't really try to get him the ball unless their own shot isn't available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2l_Qwmf5Qk

Look at all the different ways he scored, jump hook, turn around, jumpshots etc.

How many big men are at his age?

If we're talking "low post skills" then definetly hes at a disadvantage like most big men are today.

But if you're talking about his ability to handle the ball, his touch around the basket, and timing on his blocks then you're wrong.

True. He prefers to play like a Forward.

Once again, how many big men are at his age?
    Hes a freshman. Point Blank.

Everything hes doing is typically normal from most freshmen players, espescially the big men.

They have their moments of greatness and moments where they look like teenagers who aren't fully aware of whats going on.
    That can be improved upon.
    Thats essentially 3 worded differently.

Its firmly understood he has a lot to work on and improve on when he gets to the NBA. Thats why I said his timetable could be anywhere from 4-7 years before we really see him at his best.

You cant expect him to be the total package at C in the NBA at such a young age. Any team who drafts him will have to cultivate him to be a C or let him go free and do as he pleases at PF where he feels more comfortable.
    Last edited by Rowe; 01-19-2012 at 04:20 AM.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I was the one touting Jonas Valancuinas when you were on Derrick Williams Johnson (get it?), now 9 months later you hyping Valancuinas, huh?
    Cool. Thanks for confirming you don't read ANYONE'S posts and just bask in your own psychotic narcissism. I many times said I wouldn't want Derrick Williams on the Raptors (if they got lucky in the lottery) before last year's draft.

Opinion disregarded.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Forthe Cavs, they need the following, in order:

1a. Perry Jones III
    1b. Michael Kidd Gilchrist
    3. Andre Drummond
    4. Jeremy Lamb
    5. Harrison Barnes

This is how their top 5 Big Board should look. Perry is the most skilled guy in the draft, period. He fits perfectly with Kyrie Irving. He is a low post threat who runs the floor and has range comfortably out to 20 feet. Cavs could run P&R all day with those two. And I mean ALL DAY. F*ck the p*ssies who cry about his assertiveness. Skills > "Motor". You all kill me with that sh*t. It happens every draft and that's why the LaMarcus Aldridge and Rudy Gay's of the world get passed over every draft only to make three or four teams look stupid ass hell for not doing their homework.

The draft overall is strong. As normal, a great majority of the masses are overestimating the talents of the most hyped prospects (Davis, Drummond). MKG will be a baller and is the person I want after PJIII.
    'Motor' really has nothing to do with it. I don't think assertiveness and 'motor' are the same thing at all. I don't doubt that Jones will try hard and that he is a guy that genuinely wants to reach his potential. However, you are either born with that assertiveness gene or you aren't.

Guys like Marvin Williams can have all of the skill and talent in the world, but they will never be truly great players because they aren't comfortable in that role. That is what I fear with Perry Jones.

I'm not saying I want nothing to do with him. He is talented enough and has the kind of frame that makes you think he could be a special player on the next level and maybe he will be... But, the thing I worry about most (assertiveness) is what the other guy at the top of your board has in spades.

MKG is an alpha. No doubt.

I fear Jones might have a little omega in his blood.