Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 273435363738394047 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I dont even see demo on PS store...
    I think the PS3 demo comes up just a little bit later.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Yea I'm not feeling the new dribble stick. I like last years controls better

You can switch it if you want.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer

wtf? These controls look super complicated.

Game feels great. Still trying to get used to the controls, but I like what I see. Doesn't seem to be nearly as many WTF moments as there were in 2K12.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

just installing it right now. i have a feeling i'll be awful at first. last years demo i was so bad at for some reason then when i got the game it felt so different and much easier.

wow that intro thing is so bad. really hard to read thenames.

played 1 game. won 15-12 with a battier 30 footer 3 at the last second.

- had one of those no post d moments where chris bosh jumped turned around and got dunked on by durant...

- new controls are really annoying to get used to (obligatory complaint). i had so many open shots where i tried to use the shot stick and failed and just danced around. otherwise when im using it, it's pretty fluid and good. i think i'll be able to adjust to it.

- rebounding seems a touch different and i think it'll take muchos gameplay to feel how the post is different, but i hope it's better this year.

- animations are quite smooth...obviously only one game didnt notice much.

so far so good. a demo doesnt mean much to me though. i think it's better than last years demo though.

Banned

it's gonna take a while for me to get used to the controls but i've played the demo like 10 times and am still enjoying it.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Okay so apparently dunks and layups can't be done with shotstick anymore, just the X button? Love the improved physics. Also love the improved ability to defend as well as break your man down on offense. Also the voiceovers are spot on. When Lebron gets hit he yells and it's his voice, same with D Wade.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 09-26-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Forgot about this coming out today. I'll give it a try. I wonder if the CPU is going to be as cheap as last time the game came out. I don't mind a CPU playing smarter and winning. The CPU in 2k12 cheated. CPU players recovered faster, moved faster, and made shots go in that were well contested.

2k12 is fun to play with friends, but I wish the CPU was a real challenge.

There are some physics, but there is no damn weight or tightness. D wade and Bron just get in the paint and score even though i got 3 guys in front of them bumping and blocking. The sound effects are pretty terrible too during dunks and whatnot. The demo felt SOFT, there is more freedom but no feeling of weight, tightness or control. It's like playing with feathers, the players look smaller too, maybe it's the camera.

Hope it's the demo, 2k12 had same issues but final game was more refined.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    There are some physics, but there is no damn weight or tightness. D wade and Bron just get in the paint and score even though i got 3 guys in front of them bumping and blocking. The sound effects are pretty terrible too during dunks and whatnot. The demo felt SOFT, there is more freedom but no feeling of weight, tightness or control. It's like playing with feathers, the players look smaller too, maybe it's the camera.

Hope it's the demo, 2k12 had same issues but final game was more refined.
    Its a damn demo.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Yea the graphics looked WORSE than 2K11 and 2K12 but I hope again it's just the demo. Anybody able to dunk with shot stick yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Yea the graphics looked WORSE than 2K11 and 2K12 but I hope again it's just the demo. Anybody able to dunk with shot stick yet???
    Graphics look fine to me.

I just dunked three times by holding down LT, RT and using right stick all at the same time. Its stupid, there has to be another way to dunk. Also these dunks were clear path for the most part. I went baseline with Wade and tried to dunk and it made me pull up and hit glass. These controls will take some time to get used too.

IF you can switch to 2k12 controls, I just wonder what do you lose in the process. Because 2k13 added new features so by going back to old controls what do you lose? Iso motion dribbles and stuff I presume.

2k demos are always weak vs game.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Graphics look fine to me.

I just dunked three times by holding down LT, RT and using right stick all at the same time. Its stupid, there has to be another way to dunk. Also these dunks were clear path for the most part. I went baseline with Wade and tried to dunk and it made me pull up and hit glass. These controls will take some time to get used too.

IF you can switch to 2k12 controls, I just wonder what do you lose in the process. Because 2k13 added new features so by going back to old controls what do you lose? Iso motion dribbles and stuff I presume.

2k demos are always weak vs game.
    I think a few guys said it on the last page, but the other way to dunk (aside from holding turbo+modifier+shot stick) is to simply hold turbo and press the shoot button (X on 360, Square on PS3).

From my understanding, and I could be incorrect, NBA 2K13 may offer a control scheme that simply switches the modifier from being something needed to shoot to something needed to right stick dribble, if that makes sense.

To say it another way, as it stands now, in the demo, we have to hold LT before using the shot stick, yes? I believe I read there will be a control scheme that will allow the shot stick to be used without the modifier (flick the right stick and fire a shot, layup, or if holding turbo - a dunk). This control scheme would then require holding LT (or L1 on PS3) to initiate the right stick dribbling. In theory, this sounds more natural to me, as I prefer a simple path to shooting. I also don't think we'd lose the ability to pull anything off in terms of dribble moves, we'd just have to be holding the modifier when doing so.