Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Nick young says kobe is better than jordan

I knew swaggy p was a tard but dayum...

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    Yup work so hard you have to flop to get a possession. I cant tell if you're trying to green light flopping in the nba. This game has already been watered down from numerous things and you want to add flopping? One of Chris Pauls first act as President of the players associate was trying to remove the penalty for flopping. Biggest joke I've heard all day, lol. The fine should go up even more seeing how 5000 is nothing for some of these athletes making 100s of millions of dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by sammichoffate

You're right, that bullshit probably takes a lot of hard work to pull off

So let me get this straight, you 2 dont think lebron and cp3 are hard workers? Some of the most absurd, retarded opinions I've seen on ISH. Be proud, that's an accomplishment

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    Interviews are bs and players have to be pc about things. They say something wrong and you have them coming out with apology press conferences in the course of 24 hours. They're fake as shit if you haven't noticed. If you want to follow interviews where kobe and lebron saids MJ is the goat then you should think like kobe. Also suck it.
    i say mj's the goat. does it mean i grew up watching mj? no

i was born in 1984

sorry but by the time i could legit watch games and understand them. jordan was in his last 2-3 seasons

me and lebron grew up kobe fans

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i say mj's the goat. does it mean i grew up watching mj? no

i was born in 1984

sorry but by the time i could legit watch games and understand them. jordan was in his last 2-3 seasons

me and lebron grew up kobe fans
    Awwwww Kobe rocks MJ's 23 Bulls jersey in his free time
    LeBron wears 23

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Anyone with basketball credibility going to say this? or just scrubs?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Awwwww Kobe rocks MJ's 23 Bulls jersey in his free time
    LeBron wears 23
    kobe grew up a laker/magic fan. he wore the #23 bulls jersey during the 2002 nba finals when he was honoring the GOATS of all sports

after every finals game in 2002 kobe wore a dodgers/robinson, an oilers gretzky, a bulls mj, and a browns/brown ( i belive. that or a barry sanders. i forget which football jersey he wore

but he wore 4 jerseys since it was a 4-0 sweep of the nets

kobe grew up a magic fan/ but emulated jordan only because of his body type

kobe is a bit older than me and lebron. 5-6 years to be exact.

but the fact remains that me and lebron grew up kobe fans. not mj fans.

Very good NBA starter

kobe grew up a laker/magic fan. he wore the #23 bulls jersey during the 2002 nba finals when he was honoring the GOATS of all sports

after every finals game in 2002 kobe wore a dodgers/robinson, an oilers gretzky, a bulls mj, and a browns/brown ( i belive. that or a barry sanders. i forget which football jersey he wore

but he wore 4 jerseys since it was a 4-0 sweep of the nets

kobe grew up a magic fan/ but emulated jordan only because of his body type

kobe is a bit older than me and lebron. 5-6 years to be exact.

Lebron was a Magic and Jordan fan

3-time NBA All-Star

i don't really understand why you guys knock all the people who look up to kobe

its not like jordan produced an overwhelming amount of successful "next mj's" either

for the one kobe.. theres 100 jr riders, harold minors etc...

paul george is a kobe product. he even admits it. and picked #24 originally to honor kobe.

so there are some successful fan boys out there

even lebron was a kobe fan growing up. and he was all over kobes balls saying he was the greatest for a long time up until around 2013 when lebron finally grew a sack
    too bad kobe is just 1 of 100 jr riders of jordan.

He always said he was a Laker / Magic fan first to deflect the obvious, brutal, lack of self awareness of his creepy aping of Jordan.

Why would Magic be his favorite anyway? It was known that his dad, Jelly Bean hated Magic cause he considered himself a similar caliber of player without the attention.

Young Kobe w/ Jordan shirt:

LeBron was like 15 by the time Kobe was a star or budding superstar 2000 - 2001 time frame. I'm sure he idolized Kobe, as he did Iverson, and McGrady as well but as a 15 year old he was already becoming an established HS star in his own right. He was a freshman / sophomore in HS.

One doesn't cling to a basketball hero when they are just entering HS bro.

But it's on record he grew up watching, and idolizing MJ too. Or are you insinuating LeBron is lying?

James is my age, my exact HS class. To say he couldn't have grown up watching, emulating, and being inspired by Jordan is absurd. He wore #23 for a reason, and says he's the best ever. LeBron was ages 6 - 14 during MJ's reign in the 90s.

Kobe by comparison was 12 - 17 during Jordan's time winning rings from '91 - '96. Then in the league with him as an 18 year old ('97) and 19 year old ('98). Really not a huge difference in age. Both were watching him during their developmental stages with the game. You act like LeBron would've never seen Jordan growing up.

You were just late to the party with basketball. Some people start watching, and playing at a much earlier age. Kobe himself started very young, 3 I think to be eact.

Also using your own experience, and logic. How could Magic be Kobe's favorite player as you say if everyone doesn't understand what they're watching until they're 11 years old as you were starting MJ's last three years as a Bull?

Its not unexpected for those who grew up watching Kobe to claim he's better than MJ. Every generation has 'that' guy who the fans will claim is GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

Also using your own experience, and logic. How could Magic be Kobe's favorite player as you say if everyone doesn't understand what they're watching until they're 11 years old as you were starting MJ's last three years as a Bull?
    Exactly. Kobe was born in 1978......magic's championship prime was from 1980 to 1988. I can't see how he would be able to appreciably understand what he was seeing from the ages of 2(lol) to 10 years of age to idolize Magic. Plus Magic was like, what, 6'7( he wasn't 6'9 like he was commonly billed). Kobe is like 6'5 in reality, there's no reason why he couldn't have emulated Magic's style in relation to his size and been a tall PG ala Magic with the pass- first style. Kobe emulated the guy who he was old enough to appreciate which is MJ.

He is just boosting his teammate. I doubt he really believes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    So let me get this straight, you 2 dont think lebron and cp3 are hard workers? Some of the most absurd, retarded opinions I've seen on ISH. Be proud, that's an accomplishment
    so you're telling me people have to cheat to get ahead? what kind of stupidity is that? what kind of example do you set for our youth? sure they work hard but why do they constantly over reach and exaggerate to get calls? this is probably the biggest reason why i can't stand lebron james. he's suppose to the best player in the league but has to resort to breaking the rules?