Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #61
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Default Re: is this the worst generation in cinema history??

Relative to what they had to work with back then, they did much better relative to what the industry of today has to work with. Improving on something when someone else already wrote the blueprint for it and claiming that it’s some innovative idea or process (that already existed but to a lesser degree) doesn’t really impress me.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 01:03 PM   #62
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by egokiller
Relative to what they had to work with back then, they did much better relative to what the industry of today has to work with. Improving on something when someone else already wrote the blueprint for it and claiming that itís some innovative idea or process (that already existed but to a lesser degree) doesnít really impress me.

That doesn't mean that films and tv haven't improved overall.

Not everything has progressed/improved.

Today's music hasn't improved on the foundation laid by their predecessors. Technology and accessibility has increased, exposure to the multiple genres and styles is unprecedented. Yet music hasn't taken things to the next level like the other entertainment mediums.

I agree that musicians can create more today than in the past due to technology. Shit.. I can sit here on my computer and compose classical pieces that sound realistic. I can sit here and crate complex productions using different plugins.

Yet music today is trying to catch up to past musicians/artists.

I couldn't sleep last night cause I had this song stuck in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiiyq2xrSI0

Name a song today that's as beautiful even with all of today's technology and exposure. With decades of music, tons of styles, millions of songs, thousands of artists I can't think of a song as beautiful as this one in the past decade.

Some are close, some are great and classics.

But even then, they're not as great.

And that's just one song. A song that's not even regarded as one of the top 100 all time by most fans and experts.

Films and tv on the other hand have improved on their predecessor's achievements on many fronts (overall).
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:19 PM   #63
BarberSchool
College star

Yes.
Studio owners are hiring using nepotism, not talent.
Draining the hollywood swamp of the influence of "the gay mafia" and "the russian (jewish) mafia" will be needed to make film great again.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #64
Shogon
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
This needs to happen to Star Wars next month

I wouldn't bank on it... it's Disney, it's Christmas... and it's Star Wars... pretty deadly combo for the box office... no way they don't kill the $.
Shogon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:22 PM   #65
Andrei89
#HEATNATION

Like some poster said: the volume of movie making has increased but the quality is not down.

You got Irishman, Joker, Ford v Ferrari ( pretty damn great movie), Endgame, Once upon a Time in Hollywood all come out in the same year.

Television has been great with The Crown season 3 each episode seems like a standalone great movie, The Mandalorian, Cernobyl ( oh damn) etc on TV.

I found this year to be pretty good for movies and series
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:30 PM   #66
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy
2020 looking better than last

Dune
Bond ( Ana De Armas )
Tenet
Top Gun
Quiet Place 2
Bad Boys 3

on deep horizon: Matrix, Sicario 3, BladeRunner

https://streamable.com/kzbjz

Tenet !
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #67
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei89
Like some poster said: the volume of movie making has increased but the quality is not down.

You got Irishman, Joker, Ford v Ferrari ( pretty damn great movie), Endgame, Once upon a Time in Hollywood all come out in the same year.

Television has been great with The Crown season 3 each episode seems like a standalone great movie, The Mandalorian, Cernobyl ( oh damn) etc on TV.

I found this year to be pretty good for movies and series
Watch Parasite before it's out of theaters, one of the best movies in the last few years. It's Korean with ENG subtitles though.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:48 PM   #68
Andrei89
#HEATNATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzzy
2020 looking better than last

Dune
Bond ( Ana De Armas )
Tenet
Top Gun
Quiet Place 2
Bad Boys 3

on deep horizon: Matrix, Sicario 3, BladeRunner

https://streamable.com/kzbjz

I give you Tenet and maybe Bond. The rest though?

Better than 2019? No way. Once Upon a Time, Irishman, Ford v Ferrari, Endgame, Joker, John Wick 3 they shit on upcoming 2020 films. Hell in 2019 we were lucky to witness a top 20 movie of all time in Joker. How many times does that happEn? Once a decade?
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 03:53 PM   #69
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

The problem is that although there's been good films this year, overall it's watered down by all the flops like ferminator, ghostbusters reboot, and the like.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #70
1987_Lakers
NBA Superstar

It's funny that we are talking about this the same time when you have movies like The Irishman, Ford vs Ferrari, Beautiful Day, The Lighthouse, The Joker, all coming out in the last 2 months or so.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:31 PM   #71
FKAri
NBA Superstar

1. Due to improvements in home theatre systems, people are increasingly unlikely to watch a film in theatres unless it's a big budget special FX film.

2. The foreign market % for Hollywood films is higher than before so studios want to make films that will have a broad appeal to a non-English native speaker. Cue simpler dialogue and eye candy in your big budget special FX film.

3. Since these films are expensive to make, studios are hesitant to try something that deviates from established film making formulas

= Predictable mediocre popcorn flicks
FKAri is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: