Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-27-2008, 11:41 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Article: Denver Post - Frustrated Melo spreads blame for embarrassing on George Karl

The meltdown continues...

Source: Frustrated Melo spreads blame for embarrassing loss to include coach George Karl

Quote:

Anthony said the Nuggets surrendered in the third quarter, although Karl didn't empty his bench until the fourth quarter.

"You could just sense it," Anthony said. "I'm saying `we,' because I'm part of this, too. I'm saying I quit. We all just gave up."

At least one teammate concurred.

"That's the way it seemed," Kenyon Martin said. "Everybody came out of the game. A.I. came out and he leads the league in minutes. It's frustrating."

"Well, I don't think I quit," Karl retorted. "... In the fourth quarter, I tried to find some answers. ... I don't think that's a fair, I think 'Melo's emotional right now, he's frustrated right now, as we all are."

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Default Re: Article: Denver Post - Frustrated Melo spreads blame for embarrassing on George Karl

This is in our favor.. their team spirit is non existing right now. We will take them 4-0.

Melo is not right to blame the coach for everything. There are many good players on the team but they are all selfish and that is how they ended up this situation.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #3
KRAYZIE
National High School Star

Default Re: Article: Denver Post - Frustrated Melo spreads blame for embarrassing on George Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
This is in our favor.. their team spirit is non existing right now. We will take them 4-0.

Melo is not right to blame the coach for everything. There are many good players on the team but they are all selfish and that is how they ended up this situation.

You're right that Melo should not be blaming the coach for everything because Melo is to blame for what happened in this series just as much as Karl. But, at the same time, I give props to Melo for having the balls to call out his coach unlike rest of the players on the roster because most Denver fans feel the same way as Melo does towards his coach. They say that it's alot easier to get rid of the coach rather than the player, so one or the other has to go because it isn't going to workout with them both staying. As of now there are speculations that say that Karl will be returning next year, so what would that mean for Melo? ...who knows.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
You're right that Melo should not be blaming the coach for everything because Melo is to blame for what happened in this series just as much as Karl. But, at the same time, I give props to Melo for having the balls to call out his coach unlike rest of the players on the roster because most Denver fans feel the same way as Melo does towards his coach. They say that it's alot easier to get rid of the coach rather than the player, so one or the other has to go because it isn't going to workout with them both staying. As of now there are speculations that say that Karl will be returning next year, so what would that mean for Melo? ...who knows.

It should have never happened in public... just as folks were critical of kobe for calling out the lakers management last summer, Melo should have handled it internally or kept his mouth shut.. heck, they are in a freaking playoff series. You just don't do stuff like that unless you intend on helping the team melt down.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:00 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: Article: Denver Post - Frustrated Melo spreads blame for embarrassing on George K

Before melo talks about others quitting, he should talk about that jack ass laugh he has going on.

Anytime a ref makes a call, he laughs, he misses a shot, he laughs.....they're down by thirty....he laughs.

Really, and its the goofiest laugh I've ever seen since mbenga's taco commercial.

So before Melo calls out his coach, he needs to look in the mirror.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
nbaLAker
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Article: Denver Post - Frustrated Melo spreads blame for embarrassing on George K

that jack ass laugh of his is puts a smile on my face because i know hes putting on the Carm-melt-down Anthony face...k-mart, JR, and sometime AI all do the same...he had a bad game calling out his coach is a low blow

Its great we ended up den>GS...this team is great to watch they have
amazing talent but they are a bunch of head cases that cant keep it together
for 48mins..its exciting to watch them go at it but they have mental collapses
by the end of the 3rd quarter.

it seems like kleiza is the only one who's playing with everything hes got...last
game he was yelling at JR to shoot the ball when the clock was winding in the
4th even though the game was way over
nbaLAker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: