Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: J Shuttlesworth's tips for losing weight

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    - Avoid starches. Any white starchy grains and rice
    - Drink a lot of H2O
    - Be consistent and have patience
    out of all the things that is suggested, this is the hardest and most important thing to do. No matter what you do, unless you persist with your actions, you will not succeed.

1. dont become a fatass in the first place

National High School Star

You know what's funny...all his tips suck.

I've literally implemented ALL of them before and I research how to be healthy all the time. However, they all are super hard to really make into a habit consistently enough to lose a large amount of weight.

What has worked for me:
    1. Not start exercising like crazy
    2. HIIT
    3. Weights (this is utter nonsense btw for reasons I don't want to get into)
    4. Etc

Myfitnesspal. For me the magic number was 1,500. I was allowed to have 1,500 calories a day and my body would lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. It didn't mean giving up pizza, ice cream, burritos, etc. It simply meant figuring out a way to not have more than my daily limit of calories. The rest (eating healthy, exercising, etc) happens naturally.

Literally what I did....just stuck to it. BTW exercising gives you + points. So generally I ate about 1700 calories and did 300 of exercising a day (just walked around for an hour with my gf). It works. It really works well.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Good post man.

There's not much new that I learned in your list right there, but it combines all the things that I've read independently and from my own research.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    You know what's funny...all his tips suck.

I've literally implemented ALL of them before and I research how to be healthy all the time. However, they all are super hard to really make into a habit consistently enough to lose a large amount of weight.

What has worked for me:
    1. Not start exercising like crazy
    2. HIIT
    3. Weights (this is utter nonsense btw for reasons I don't want to get into)
    4. Etc

Myfitnesspal. For me the magic number was 1,500. I was allowed to have 1,500 calories a day and my body would lose weight in a healthy and sustainable manner. It didn't mean giving up pizza, ice cream, burritos, etc. It simply meant figuring out a way to not have more than my daily limit of calories. The rest (eating healthy, exercising, etc) happens naturally.

Literally what I did....just stuck to it. BTW exercising gives you + points. So generally I ate about 1700 calories and did 300 of exercising a day (just walked around for an hour with my gf). It works. It really works well.
    It's really not too hard to implement the stuff i mentioned if you have some self discipline. Half the battle is being disciplined enough to keep a steady diet, especially after you lose weight. Plus, 3/4 of your pieces of advice I already mentioned in the first post

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Great stuff. This shouldn't be exclusive to weight loss. It should be a lifestyle requirement.

I'll add these rules:

- Avoid starches. Any white starchy grains and rice
    - Drink a lot of H2O
    - Be consistent and have patience
    May I add one more to that list?

-Don't lose weight for anyone other than yourself.

I anchored my motivation on a girl I hooked up with, but when it ended, that's when I stopped caring and gained weight. I've begun exercising and eating at a deficit again, but this time I'm doing it solely for myself. Matter a fact I was recently talking to this chick I was interested in, that ain't no more, but I have continued towards my weight loss goal. I think when you lose weight for yourself, the results will last a very long time because you will develop a deeper appreciation for yourself.