Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Default Re: DONE DEAL: Magic trade Vince, Gortat, Pietrus, pick to Suns for J-Rich, Hedo, E.Clark

I guess this is one of those trades where we cant tell if things will work out until we actually see them play. But im optimistic for the outcome for all the teams involve. My initial reaction was they are making a big mistake for trading gortat but its clear that they rather give bass the minutes. Im kind of excited to see how phoenix is going to use gortat. Anyway, on paper the magic is the biggest winner in this trade having rid of the overpaid lewis, reacquiring hedo and adding arenas and j.rich into their backcourt.

Banned

Default Re: DONE DEAL: Magic trade Vince, Gortat, Pietrus, pick to Suns for J-Rich, Hedo, E.Clark

its kind of hard to find a team that desperately needs a PG so i don't know where they could trade Nelson

Geez I'm away from this forum for 2 seconds and all hell breaks loose.

Have we ever seen a top 8 team in the league make such wholesale changes mid season. Just wow.......

Serious playground baller Arroyo8's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Magic- Suns Trade Almost Done

whats the suns starting lineup going to look like now
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    its kind of hard to find a team that desperately needs a PG so i don't know where they could trade Nelson

bobcats culd use a PG and a scorer but idk what the magic would want from them

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo8
    bobcats culd use a PG and a scorer but idk what the magic would want from them
    Tyrus Thomas.

nashisbest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

what a lousy move for suns! who the hell trades your top scorer away mid season!~?~?

Quote Originally Posted by broy
    Tyrus Thomas.
    don't think bobcats would give him up though

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    teams off the top of my head:

Philladelphia - Jameer Nelson's home
    Raptors
    Pistons
    Bobcats
    Possibly Hawks(Bibby is really old)

its gonna be really hard for them to get equal value for Nelson. They may end up having to keep him(which isnt a bad thing)

Honestly, they may be better off keeping them. Unless Gilbert gets back to form Nelson is better than him.

Maybe they can package Jameer Nelson and Reddick for Iggy?

Is Boris Diaw still any good?
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 12-18-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nashisbest
    what a lousy move for suns! who the hell trades your top scorer away mid season!~?~?
    A team that realizes he will not carry them to a Championship, or even the playoffs at that. They aren't doing anything this season, they may as well make some moves to address problems and try to get back to where they were.

I'm liking this trade. We get out of Hedo's contract and in turn get a better defensive player and a guy that will hit the 3 with the same consistency. J-Rich for VC is a blow but I feel the pieces added on the defensive end will make up for the disparity in those guys. If VC doesn't work out, I'm pretty sure this is the last year on his contract anyway. And Gortat over Earl Clark? Even if Gortat doesn't meet expectations as a starter, I'll take him over hoping and praying that Earl gets better with no real signs of it happening.

At face value they seem to get a legit center, which was a huge piece they were missing, an extra pick that will help them get some promising young talent and opens them up financially to make some moves. People need to start realizing that we're nearing the end of the Nash era, they need to start doing something before they have nobody of worth and nothing to work with.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

OH SHIET Oh shiet! VC and nashy together ! :)

Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by AznTacoLover
    OH SHIET Oh shiet! way past his prime VC and nearing his end nashy together ! :)
    fixed, it pains me to do it to nash however

I'm not really sure what to think of this trade from Phoenix's side.
    Losing J-Rich is gonna hurt pretty bad, I think alot of people don't realise just how important he has been to Phoenix and I highly doubt Carter can fill that role.
    Turk gone, no issues there at all and he goes back to the one system in the league where he can be effective.
    I like Pietrus but I don't see where his minutes are going to come from, unless there's a Carter buyout coming. Hill, Dudley, Childress and Carter all ahead of him at the 2/3 spots. Maybe with a buyout could see Childress start with Dragic getting minutes at 2 while still backing up Nash.
    The big one is Gortat, I've thought for while now that given minutes he can be one of the better Centers in the league, guess we'll find out now.

Gortat/Lopez/Barron
    Warrick/Frye/Barron
    Hill/Dudley/Pietrus
    Carter?/Childress/Pietrus
    Nash/Dragic

Default Re: Report: Magic- Suns Trade Almost Done

Gortat is definitely going to start to erupt because of Nash now.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

gotta say Im a little sad that gortat wont become a piston. Weird that they got hedo back, but overall, they've made this an interesting offensive team.

With somewhat limited defense, esp if howard picks up some fouls.

So, I guess the rotation is something like
    nelson/arenas/Williams/Duhon?
    arenas? Richardson? JJ?
    Hedo?/Q? JRich?
    Bass/Anderson/Clark
    Howard/Ortiz?

seems like a super deep perimeter team with a pretty limited frontcourt roster. Did I miss anyone?