NBA Superstar

Default Does this scare you at all?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/13/us/eri...html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is worried about wholes that are greater than the sum of their parts.

Take, for instance, the current mix of bomb-makers from Yemen with foreign fighters in Syria.

"That's a deadly combination, where you have people who have the technical know-how along with the people who have this kind of fervor to give their lives in support of a cause that is directed at the United States and directed at its allies. And it's something that gives us really extreme, extreme concern," he told ABC's "This Week."

He estimated there are about 7,000 foreign fighters in Syria, coming from places like Europe and the United States.

"In some ways, it's more frightening than anything I think I've seen as attorney general," he said. "This is a situation that we can see developing and the potential that I see coming up, the negative potential I see coming out of the facts in Syria and Iraq now, are quite concerning," he said.

Since it started in 2011, the conflict in Syria has left more than 150,00 dead and some 680,000 injured.

Then there's the humanitarian crisis for the survivors, with the United Nations estimating that more than 9.3 million need help and that at least 6.5 million have been forced from their homes into other parts of Syria. Another 2.5 million are now refugees in neighboring countries.

And threats from that part of the world aren't the only ones Holder has to worry about. He also fears potential attacks on planes.

This month, the Transportation Security Administration said that security screeners at overseas airports may ask U.S.-bound passengers to turn on their electronic devices to prove they work and aren't explosive devices.

They won't allow devices without power on board planes. The traveler may then undergo additional screening.

It's part of an update to security measures aimed at combating potential new threats from terrorists in the Middle East and Europe.

"This is not a test ... We're doing something in reaction to things that we have detected," Holder told ABC about the upgrades.

"We are at a dangerous time," he said.

U.S. attorney general urges new laws to prevent terror from returning fighters

on top of all of the illegals swarming into our country now?

really thinking about getting a gun these days. i just keep thinking its really not going to help unless i can carry it.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Default Re: Does this scare you at all?

Nahhhh, this is just an Obama Llama ploy to reduce 1st & 2nd amendment rights even further in the name of "security". He's a lame duck prez anyway so no biggie

Godzuki you worry me more than that article.
    Last edited by Meticode; 07-15-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Godzuki you worry me more than than article.

*sighs* F[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking typos ruin my life.

NBA All-star

well, on the days we don't die.
    we wake up dealing with the aftermath of it all.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Godzuki you worry me more than that article.

why? i'm the most rational person on ish

well maybe a few are right there with me, or a handful mebbe

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    U.S. attorney general urges new laws to prevent terror from returning fighters[/B]

on top of all of the illegals swarming into our country now?

really thinking about getting a gun these days. i just keep thinking its really not going to help unless i can carry it.
    Why are you afraid of the illegals? More immigrants doesn't correlate with higher crime

Crime Rates in the United States Fell as the Size of the Immigrant Population (Including the Unauthorized) Increased Dramatically.

Between 1990 and 2010, the foreign-born share of the U.S. population grew from 7.9 percent to 12. 9 percent and the number of unauthorized immigrants tripled from 3.5 million to 11.2 million
    During the same period, FBI data indicates that the violent crime rate declined 45 percent and the property crime rate fell 42 percent
    Also if this is international terrorism a gun is not going to help you.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Why are you afraid of the illegals? More immigrants doesn't correlate with higher crime

Also if this is international terrorism a gun is not going to help you.

i'm not buying that. its like saying illegals coming across the mexico border doesn't add to the crime rate. when there are all of these mexican gangs over here full of illegals killing people. most of the immigrants now are children with no parents, how do you think they can survive in a every man for himself capitalist country? gangs...well until they're caught and deported.

you really should check out this Dateline i linked in some thread a week ago here with a libyan kid who came over. dude was as stone cold a killer as i've ever seen. he was extremely brazen robbing a bank with a gun to a girls head without a mask, tried to take her and rape her too but lucky she didn't go, but he and a few others did carjack some other kid at a home depot, stuffed him in the trunk, and they find his body burned up in some abandoned building. really fukked up stuff, got so mad watching it he had no conscience...

yeah in most situations a gun probably won't help, but damn, i swear our country is going to become a lot more dangerous. There is just way too much happening for crime not to shoot up imo.

i swear when i read the news, the most messed up crimes tend to be from illegals or foreigners who don't have much.