Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: People Don't Think This is a Contender?

even barring all the injuries they will have they are still not a legit contender when healthy imo

if they can find a way to play the heat in the playoffs next year, they've got a shot. i dont understand how you can be the only team with a winning record against a team that won 66 games and the championship (knicks went 3-1 against them), having won 54 games yourself and only improved with moves in the offseason, and not be called contenders.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

They scary as on 2k14 if that's the roster not looking forward to facing them when the game is out. I think in real life though they are better than last year they upgraded the PG spot and Shumpert will be healthy but it's hard to see them beating out the Pacers or Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    if they can find a way to play the heat in the playoffs next year, they've got a shot. i dont understand how you can be the only team with a winning record against a team that won 66 games and the championship (knicks went 3-1 against them), having won 54 games yourself and only improved with moves in the offseason, and not be called contenders.
    Even if they face Miami (which they won't win), how are they going to beat Indiana and Brooklyn ? How do they beat the Bulls who they went 0-4 against without Rose ? All those teams got better too.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

If you can't Lance Stephenson you can't stop Lebron James. Time to get realistic.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

When the best player on the team is either Chandler or Melo you are nowhere near a serious contender.

Quote Originally Posted by LosScandalous
    Yes, everybody is only going to get better. its sickening how underrated the Knicks are every year.
    And they just keep proving everyone wrong year after year after year by making deep playoff runs.

People will eventually learn, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Even if they face Miami (which they won't win), how are they going to beat Indiana and Brooklyn ? How do they beat the Bulls who they went 0-4 against without Rose ? All those teams got better too.
    The Bulls are a bad matchup for the Knicks, but believe it or not they do better against them when ROSE is in the lineup. Last year the only game they won against them was when Rose was playing. Indiana is a good team, also a tough matchup because Chandler turned into a girl against Hibbert out of nowhere. But the Knicks should have won game 6 against them if it wasn't for reffing, and then game 7 at home who knows.

So when everyone else improves it means something, but when the Knicks do it doesn't? Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If you can't Lance Stephenson you can't stop Lebron James. Time to get realistic.
    There was no scouting report on Lance. Not like Woodson is smart enough to adjust on the fly anyway. I never said the Knicks would stop Lebron. Since when does Lebron win alone? How many championships did Lebron win in Cleveland? Let's get realistic and see them match up in the playoffs. Then I will eat my words

Till than, Knicks were 3-1 against the Heat last year. Facts. One of those wins was without Melo, and another when the Heat rested Lebron and Wade. But guess what, it's not like the Heat had a bad record without Lebron and Wade. They continued to win games and beat everyone else who was on their schedule, including the Spurs in San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    And they just keep proving everyone wrong year after year after year by making deep playoff runs.

Are you serious? Even OKC fans will shit on the Knicks? What exactly did the Thunder prove last year? That they are pretenders without Westbrook. Durant without Westbrook got as far as Melo did last year. Oh wait, he put up better stats. Congrats on them stats I wonder how the Knicks would do if they had Westbrook to team up with Melo. I wonder.

So when everyone else improves it means something, but when the Knicks do it doesn't? Gotcha.
    Yeah, because I implied it doesn't mean anything that the Knicks got better.

They DID get better. The Nets and Pacers improved more needs to their rosters than the Knicks. The Bulls retained Derrick Rose, who might return to MVP form and are already deep and young.

The Game 6 has already been covered as the Pacers continuing to have their way in the paint (biggest reason... or Chandler getting outplayed by Hibbert), Knicks played their game plan and 3's weren't falling, JR Smith's awful shooting, and the defense on the perimeter of the Knicks gambled too much.

They could beat the Nets, because we don't know if age is going to catch up to them or not + Kidd's coaching inexperience. Just don't see how they beat the Bulls, Pacers, and Heat.

Are you serious? Even OKC fans will shit on the Knicks? What exactly did the Thunder prove last year? That they are pretenders without Westbrook. Durant without Westbrook got as far as Melo did last year. Oh wait, he put up better stats. Congrats on them stats I wonder how the Knicks would do if they had Westbrook to team up with Melo. I wonder.
    What do the Thunder have to do with this? He said the Knicks get underrated every year. How, exactly, have they proven those people wrong every year?

And you're right, the Knicks don't have a second option as good as Westbrook. So what? That's what makes OKC a contender and the Knicks not a contender. Durant > Carmelo and Westbrook > J.R. Smith. And you could even make a decent argument that Westbrook > Carmelo, although I'd rank 2013 Carmelo ahead of 2013 Westbrook.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Knicks need another shot blocker, that team is one Tyson Chandler injury away from the worst defensive team of all time.

Local High School Star

What do the Thunder have to do with this. He said the Knicks get underrated every year. How, exactly, have they proven those people wrong every year?

And you're right, the Knicks don't have a second option as good as Westbrook. So what? That's what makes OKC a contender and the Knicks not a contender. Durant > Carmelo and Westbrook > J.R. Smith. And you could even make a decent argument that Westbrook > Carmelo, although I'd rank 2013 Carmelo ahead of 2013 Westbrook.
    So how do you explain the knicks almost sweeping okc last year? Almost lost to a meloless knicks first game, then Melo owns Durant's soul in head 2 heads as usual in the second game. OKC are no more contenders than the knicks are since no one can beat the heat, but ish's team of choice (Pacers) so what are they really contenders of? Pretty much contending for early playoff exit vs late exit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Knicks need another shot blocker, that team is one Tyson Chandler injury away from the worst defensive team of all time.
    Fully agree, I mean a line up of:

Prigioni
    Shumpert
    MWP
    Melo (who held opposing PF's to a PER of 13.9, below the League average)
    Kenyon Martin

Would be dismal defensively.