Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: IGN gives NBA 2K11 a 9.5/10

Bladers is a moron

I'm gonna come in here and hate...

There's no way that game is a 9.5. Get Dickie V in here to scream "ARE YOU SERIOUS???"

They definitely got paid to put that in there. To say a sports game is almost perfect... man there is so much they don't even come close to perfecting.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    Alot of poor people in here.

i already have the game and playing it right now, losers.
    I have a modded xbox 360!

NBA Elite 11, has better commentary.
    what is a modded x box? wait don't u get a modded x box when u wanna download games for free instead of actually paying for them? and we are the poor ones?

WE MISS U CHALMERS :( JerrySteakhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Utah
    Milwaukee
    Phoenix

are the teams that I will wreck with.
    For the past two years I've always used the HEAT. It was fun because I'd have to play well to win my games and people expected a good game. Now when I pick the HEAT they gonna think I'm another cheeser that just dunks with Lebron all day.

I guess I'll use the Sixers now?

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I'm gonna come in here and hate...

There's no way that game is a 9.5. Get Dickie V in here to scream "ARE YOU SERIOUS???"

They definitely got paid to put that in there. To say a sports game is almost perfect... man there is so much they don't even come close to perfecting.

-Smak
    This is exatly what I'm saying about sports games. Especially basketball games. No way you can perfect the AI of 10 basketball players. The spacing of one team is just as crappy as the next. Length means nothing in NBA sports games.

Steve Nash can block Garnetts jump hook if you time it right. Sports games have light years of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
    For the past two years I've always used the HEAT. It was fun because I'd have to play well to win my games and people expected a good game. Now when I pick the HEAT they gonna think I'm another cheeser that just dunks with Lebron all day.

I guess I'll use the Sixers now?
    trade brand for melo

One thing I wish 2k would really focus on, is player abilities. Ask what can this player do really well? Instead you got players like Von Wafer and JR smith doing things only Kobe should be able to do.

They need to take player x, look at his strengths, and make sure he can do those things noticeably wells.

When I try to dribble in heavey traffic with Nicolas Batum he should lose the ball if there is too much defense. But yet, he should be able to do a chase down block and be good at contesting shots.

Make role players useful. So in certain situation you put them in. Instead of ignoring them because they can't dribble to the rim and get a cheese lay up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    One thing I wish 2k would really focus on, is player abilities. Ask what can this player do really well? Instead you got players like Von Wafer and JR smith doing things only Kobe should be able to do.

They need to take player x, look at his strengths, and make sure he can do those things noticeably wells.

When I try to dribble in heavey traffic with Nicolas Batum he should lose the ball if there is too much defense. But yet, he should be able to do a chase down block and be good at contesting shots.

Make role players useful. So in certain situation you put them in. Instead of ignoring them because they can't dribble to the rim and get a cheese lay up.
    What are you talking about. How are role players not useful? Have you even played 2k11 yet?

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Pointless argument? What was I arguing? I made an observation.
    A pointless observation, that no one really gives a damn about. Online play is pointless with a game like this.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    A pointless observation, that no one really gives a damn about. Online play is pointless with a game like this.
    Well stated. I dont know about you guys but I like playing my own association or doing the my player mode more than online gaming. Playing online is so fast-paced, thus unrealistic.

Banned

Lookin forward to playing it, will have to get used to some 2k things but guess EA has left me no choice

Hopefully the year off for EA will allow for a competitive market next year

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    Lookin forward to playing it, will have to get used to some 2k things but guess EA has left me no choice

Hopefully the year off for EA will allow for a competitive market next year
    Hello EA veteran. Welcome back from the war.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    what is a modded x box? wait don't u get a modded x box when u wanna download games for free instead of actually paying for them? and we are the poor ones?
    That's what I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    What are you talking about. How are role players not useful? Have you even played 2k11 yet?
    I've played the demo. In all 2k games, role players can't do sh*t. It's always about getting the star the ball, and getting out of the way. I don't see back door cuts unless it's Lebron off ball.

I have played every 2k game since 2k7.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I've played the demo. In all 2k games, role players can't do sh*t. It's always about getting the star the ball, and getting out of the way. I don't see back door cuts unless it's Lebron off ball.

I have played every 2k game since 2k7.
    If you play on harder difficulty, all player will be out of energy through out quarters. Thats when you start substitute role players.