Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: Perkins to OKC, Green to BOS

As I posted, it's sad for Perk... but I think the problem isn't giving up Perk but getting Green. Green is a talent, but there is no room for him in the starting lineup.

Shaq can take over for Perk as long as he stays healthy. Nenad is an upgrade and I never liked Nate.

And, as I also said, maybe Perk was gonna be injury prone now.

-Smak

Mike Fratello said it best:

The Celtics have given up a legitimate shot at winning the title this year because of future financial considerations. He said it's "sad", but I think it's great!

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    As I posted, it's sad for Perk... but I think the problem isn't giving up Perk but getting Green. Green is a talent, but there is no room for him in the starting lineup.

Shaq can take over for Perk as long as he stays healthy. Nenad is an upgrade and I never liked Nate.

And, as I also said, maybe Perk was gonna be injury prone now.
    -Smak
    I think people are overlooking this fact. He wanted more than $7m per in the summer.

It doesnt mean he wouldn't have been useful for us this year, however.

Banned

This falls in line with the concept of Ainge striving to make Boston relevant even after the Big Three retire. Green will be a great asset to keep on board when those guys call it quits, especially with Rondo running the point. I'm still uneasy about Big Baby playing a starting role, plus I wouldn't be shocked if he leaves for a young team with a sucker front office willing to give him a max contract and a starting spot.

If Rondo/Green is the future of this Boston Celtics team, the future looks pretty promising... but they have A LOT of work to do now that they got rid of Perkins.

Celtics should have tried to pry Powe back from the Cavaliers in that Gody/Erden deal. Guy did wonders off the bench and was never utilized in Cleveland's system... due to injuries, maybe? I don't think I've ever seen him play more than a handful of minutes during his entire time with the Cavs.

Banned

celtics are just not smart at all what are they thinking!?!?!

Stupid Trade. The only current center we have is undersized. We should have kept Perk. Nate needed to go, but not Perk.

And why trade Semih and Luke for a draft pick? We can win now, not in the future...

Value Ape.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ptShooter

but

Lol, repped

Banned

Celtics fans need to have faith that something is brewing behind the scenes. I don't know what, but hopefully something. Even with the trade deadline passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825
    Stupid Trade. The only current center we have is undersized. We should have kept Perk. Nate needed to go, but not Perk.

And why trade Semih and Luke for a draft pick? We can win now, not in the future...
    Shaq is undersized??? lol.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics 1825

to open up roster spots for potential bought out players like; Murphy, parker, rip, etc. is it worth taking a risk by trading Perk, probably not

Value Ape.

This just boggled my mind from beantowns perspective.

Good trade for OKC. The L is going bananas with the trades!

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Shaq is undersized??? lol.

-Smak
    Pretty sure Nenad is bigger than Perk too.

Certified ISHiot.

Christ, some of you overrate the hell out of Kenrick Perkins. I love this deal for Boston. Perkins is a liability on offense and Boston's D is still elite without him. Jeff Green will help their bench unit put the ball in the basket, something they really struggle to do. Nenad Krstic can hit the J so someone has to guard him when he's on the floor. You didn't even have to pay attention to Perkins outside of five feet.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    to open up roster spots for potential bought out players like; Murphy, parker, rip, etc. is it worth taking a risk by trading Perk, probably not
    Yeah, but the trade deadline is already over. I'm not sure if you can pick up bought out players after it.

Who's OKC's 3rd scoring option? Harden isn't consistent and I'm not sure how much scoring you could get out of Ibaka