Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Official Starcraft 2 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    woop woop just beat a protoss 2-1 in a tournament. moving onto the third round to play a masters terran...

first game was on entombed he tried to early pressure but i had lings/roach...then he just never expanded and i won with roach/infestor.

game 2 was his map ohana i expected like immortal/sentry cause that never loses on ohana, but he did this weird 1 base charge all in...i tried to go speedlings but speedlings vs charge zealots is a terrible fight. held the first push barely then lost.

game 3 i picked daybreak. he hadn't expanded either games so i figured it'd be smart to pick a huge map. i went 2 base roach, he went for the zealot build but roach hard counters it ezpz so i held it, then a-moved to his base for zee win.
    Nice, I've actually beaten GM protoss in a tournament recently (and he's not just a GM usually like top 30 GM in EU, EC.Krr) yeah pvp is weird sometimes.
    I can pretty much take the wins on ladder whenever I want in pvp, but I do not improve if I play that way as those builds are quite boring, it's robo most of the time with different variations depending on the map. So I go for phoenix opening which by now I am quite good at and often grab a win even if they start up with blink, it's very hard to win tho if they open dt into chargelot archon, but it's quite rare, more often they go for this if they open blink and realise that chargelot archon is even better against phoenix.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

gonna watch startale play mvp tonight. should be a realllyyyy good set. startale has two of the best toss (squirtle and parting), 2 of the best zergs right now (curious and life), and the ever inconsistent terran Bomber to ace out as terran. winner will play im loser will play slayers.

speaking of slayers, slayers rumored to be disbanding ~november, further rumors/speculation indicate ryung+mma would most likely join axiom. gonna be sad to see my favorite team break up, don't know what i'll do.

Startale versus Incredible Miracle is going to be such an amazing set! It'll be October 13th, and a must watch. Pretty much the two most stacked Starcraft 2 teams right now battling it out.

FXO is playing TSL on the 12th, and that should also be pretty good.

Banned

i heard LoL had a big fail today

lost internet and had to cancel their world championships temporarily, couldnt even finish quarter finals.

first place was 1 million dollars haha

yeah heard the venue was having constant internet issues. sucks for the fans but i hate watching it soooo much and think riot is doing a bad job in terms of esports growth (they only care about themselves and they're injecting too much money i think) so i could care less.

Well about lol, it's great and all that a game got popular, but the game itself sucks... It's way worse to spectators than any other esport, doesn't even have replays, gameplay is way to easy for esport etc. etc....

This thread should get sticky btw...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    This thread should get sticky btw...
    agreed.

Well about lol, it's great and all that a game got popular, but the game itself sucks... It's way worse to spectators than any other esport, doesn't even have replays, gameplay is way to easy for esport etc. etc....
    so boring to watch. the first while nothing at all happens. and even though thats often the case in sc2 there's no way in LoL that anything can happen or will happen. in sc2 there's the offchance of early aggression and things of that nature.

then again the only genres i can take interest in watching are FPS' and RTS'. sometimes an MMO like WoW but their competitive scene is non-existent.

WCS Asia Nationals have begun!

Stream 1 : Link

Stream 2 : Link

There will be a lot of PvP, and no korean terrans, but should still be some really high level play.

I don't know how people watch and get excited by either game. I can't even watch my friends play unless I am tutoring them on the mechanics of the game. I disagree with Maniak that SC has occasional early game aggression while LoL doesn't. I don't watch pro's, but I do know they do sometimes aggressively invade the opponent's jungle before the jungle spawns. I do agree that in general, the early game is terribly boring because it's a passive macro/farm fest.

I sometimes wish I can go back to playing SC2, but I just don't like the stress and the pressure to make the right moves and win when I play

I don't really get this stress and pressure when playing sc2, are you planning to be a pro or something ? Just have a damn fun! I am in masters and I just play whenever I have time to and don't give a fck if my rank drops or not, I noticed that the more relaxed I am the better I play, especially managing to do way better multi tasking.

I play dota2 from time to time, but I couldn't ever follow it as spectator, it's to boring to watch for me, games are long. Starcraft tho is miles ahead of any esport for spectating.

Banned

both hero's in the semi finals

lets hope both hero's advance so we can hear some epic casting

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    both hero's in the semi finals

lets hope both hero's advance so we can hear some epic casting
    Haha, yeah. Btw are you guys watching ASUS ROG ? Interviews alone by 2GD mkaes it worth to watch.

http://www.twitch.tv/thegdstudio?utm...teamliquid.net

Banned

yea watching right now.. oh elfi, what a failed 4gate that was haha
    but good hold by mana

i've been watching on and off... tlo's last game against mana was so sick!

i remember in one of the first KeSPA SC2 games Crazy-hydra played hydra. that was hilarious to hear casted.

i really hope one of the korean zergs move on to WCS finals.