Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The Last Of Us Hype

DLC revealed/teased

Tonight on Spike TV's PlayStation 4 launch special, Sony-owned developer Naughty Dog revealed a little tease of its upcoming single-player DLC for The Last of Us.

The video, seen below, shows only a few precious seconds of footage.

In it, we see Ellie and Riley, a character from the prologue The Last of Us comic book American Dreams. They approach a carousel overgrown with foliage before the scene cuts away. That's literally all we see before "Coming Soon" ends the video.

The PlayStation Blog notes that the DLC will launch in Early 2014. It will cost $14.99. Indeed, that blog post, written by Naughty Dog's Arne Meyer, expands a bit on the subject matter of the DLC:

In just a few short months since the release of The Last of Us, you have made it clear that Ellie has become one of your favorite characters in games. Today, we’re excited to confirm that you play as Ellie throughout the entirety of Left Behind.

Joining Ellie on this new adventure is Riley, her best friend and also a mentor of sorts at the military boarding school. Just as The Last of Us focused on the bond between Ellie and Joel, Left Behind explores the bond between Ellie and Riley through a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.

The Last of Us launched exclusively on PlayStation 3 this past June. It was a masterpiece, earning a 10 from IGN.
    So there we have it
    DLC based on Ellie and her friend Riley, and its a Prequel to the main game

sounds fine to me

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    DLC revealed/teased

So there we have it
    DLC based on Ellie and her friend Riley, and its a Prequel to the main game

sounds fine to me
    Are they gonna make a Last of us for the PS4? Is this DLC for the PS4?

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Are they gonna make a Last of us for the PS4? Is this DLC for the PS4?
    From what I've read the DLC will be for the PS4, but it will be a stand alone playable downloadable game, so it won't require the disc to play it, and still no sign of the original game being available on PS4. Although I'm guessing it will be purchasable digitally by the end of 2014.

So the game releases in June, they have talks of releasing DLC for current gen.. Er.. Now last gen systems (PS3) by August, delay the release, instead give us a bullshit added game mode for multiplayer (the Interrogation Mode) and instead of appeasing those of us who have waited patiently for them to release DLC for the systems we actually bought the f*cking game with, they decide to release it for the new gen systems.

Maybe I'll be standing alone here but that pisses me off. I won't be buying a PS4 for a while, so.. Yeah.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    So the game releases in June, they have talks of releasing DLC for current gen.. Er.. Now last gen systems (PS3) by August, delay the release, instead give us a bullshit added game mode for multiplayer (the Interrogation Mode) and instead of appeasing those of us who have waited patiently for them to release DLC for the systems we actually bought the f*cking game with, they decide to release it for the new gen systems.

Maybe I'll be standing alone here but that pisses me off. I won't be buying a PS4 for a while, so.. Yeah.

I tend to agree that that's kind of horseshit. But I'm also not sure it won't be available for PS3 too.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

This would be a marketing disaster if it wasn't also released for PS3. I'm sure it will be.

I wonder how amazing it will look on PS4. I love this game. I never did try playing it online though.

They better make a PS4 version for this. I really want to play through it again but I don't have a PS3.

Imagine this game running at 1080p with 60 FPS

Banned

Has anyone played the DLC Last Of Us: Left Behind yet? I believe it came out today.

Man, I really, really want this game for the PS4. Had a 360 all of last gen, and I'd be lying if The Last of Us wasn't on the back of my mind when making the decision to switch to the PS4.

It will definitely be coming, or at least, it should. It would be a huge let down if they never get around to porting it...the demand is definitely there.

Dat surprise anout Ellie :O

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

The DLC just made me so much more hopeful for a sequel. In that 3 hour span, they did so many cool little things to characterize Ellie. The hide and seek, water gun fights etc. just made me realize how creative and pioneering ND really is.

They have to make TLoU 2. So many great possibilities too.
    For instance, how about the fireflies seek revenge for Joel killing Marlene?
    Tommy, Ellie and Joel go on a cross country adventure to bring back an actual cure that people found in a different state?

Heck that 20 year frame; they can easily explore more adventures of Joel (without Ellie) although that would be weird since Ellie is the best character in the game. I think having Ellie as the main protagonist is far more plausible.

Anyways, just recently played TLoU and Left Behind again, simply the best game ever created.

- Best graphics I've ever witnessed.
    - The most detailed game I've ever played, even more so than Uncharted It's insane how detailed the environments really are and are consistent throughout the entire 15+ hour story mode.
    - Diverse and gorgeous scenery, no chapter felt the same.
    - Deep story with a lot of emotional elements.
    - Perfect characterization.
    - Highly rewarding if you crank up the difficulty.
    - Intuitive multi-player
    - Highly interrelated gameplay; just everything comes together so beautifully. The seamless transition from game to cut-scene is fluid and makes the story more realistic and dramatic.
    - Some of the greatest moments in gaming history came from this game; the sniper episode, Bob's town, Winter Chapter...just intelligent writing and the freedom to either go guns blazing (or fists blazing) or stealth makes it suitable for a lot of different gamers.
    - Level design was beautifully crafted; I have beaten this game 10+ times now and every play-through I go a different route. Still not sure which is the best strategy because AI actually move differently each time.

Overall, it's a game everyoe has to play. I never liked zombie games or Resident Evil (which is a very prestigious zombie title) but TLoU isn't really a zombie game. It has zombie's sure, but it feels like a very realistic (and brutal) survival game.

100/100 without a doubt. Hope Uncharted 4 can somehow manage to surpass it, I believe in ND.

Naughty God

They better make a PS4 edition. I really want to play through it again, but as I mentioned before, I don't have a PS3.

It really is the GOAT game though. Soundtrack and atmosphere is amazing. I love the whole "nature reclaiming the Earth" kind of thing they had going on. A lot of post-apocalyptic games/movies are just a sea of brown, but this game is gorgeous. I can tell it was inspired by that documentary about what would happen to the earth if humanity was wiped out.

Easily the strongest cast of characters in a video game. Joel and Ellie were obviously great, but it had a really strong supporting cast as well. Tess, Bill, Sam, Henry, Marlene, and David were all memorable characters. Hopefully the rest of the gaming industry follows Naughty Dog's lead. We don't have enough good story driven games. Not only that, but Naughty Dog managed to merge it with really great gameplay. Bioshock Infinite had a good story, but the gameplay was forgettable and I felt there was a pretty big disconnect between story and gameplay. It was just one big pointless shooting gallery imo. It should been an adventure game with less shooting.

DLC was great but a little short. I know its not supposed to be a new game but for

I think Naughty Dog will exceed TLoU next March; it will be called Uncharted 4.