Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #1
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

oldknickfan has decent reputation
Question With 2 weeks to training camp - who will be the best surprise?

Yes, it soon will be hoops time again. Cumming off last season's injuries, sub-par performances and new players, who do you think will turn out to be the player(s) that improve(s) the most and/or provide(s) the biggest surprise in stepping up his (their) game(s) this season?

How will his/their play affect the Knicks?

Last edited by oldknickfan : 09-17-2007 at 10:09 PM.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #2
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: With 2 weeks to training camp - who will be the best surprise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldknickfan
Yes, it soon will be hoops time again. Cumming off last season's injuries, sub-par performances and new players, who do you think will turn out to be the player(s) that improve(s) the most and/or provide(s) the biggest surprise in stepping up his (their) game(s) this season?

How will his/their play affect the Knicks?

i think nate is goin to surprise people. i think he is extremely under rated as a player. i wouldnt be surprised if the other guys on the team says he was the most impressive guy in camp.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Eddy Curry.

Supposedly, he's been working out with Tim Grover in Chicago five days a week since June. Previous off-seasons he started working out in mid-July or early August.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #4
MJ23
Banned

MJ23 has an OK reputation so far

i think jamal crawford or eddy curry
MJ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will go out on this one.......Eddy Curry will average 10 rebounds a game this upcoming season. I know it is a stretch, but that will be my personal surprise.

That and Marbs averaging the double double, 14 pts 10 assists.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

Don Che has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ23
i think jamal crawford or eddy curry

Jamal has been the same player since college both skill, size, and mental state. He is good but he's always been good.

I think everyone will look good this training camp. They will mostly suprise.
The only person who will look bad is Marbury cuz hes obviously lost the bizzaz he used to have.

Lee,Balkman, Collins, and Jared are all workin on there J's. If so they will all look much better.
Nate is TRYING to be a real pg. Thats suprising.

Curry is TRYING to have a 15 footer. Thats suprising cuz thats the most useless shi* to have for a guy like him. He should have went to the doctor and grew some balls to rebound and Block shots. He needs to do those 2 things and one more post move for him to be the player he MUST be. GUESS WHAT..HE AINT GETTIN IT.

After all this i feel a lot of them will LOOK good. But together..they will still lose. Too much talent not enuff chemistry. We need a trade that gives up a lot of talent for CHEMISTRY AND CHARACTER. A lot of you will be upset with the trade and hang KILL ZEKE signs until they start winning and no will know why. The best 5 players dont win..the 5 players that play as ONE do.
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #7
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I really believe and truly hope ALL our players have worked hard on their conditioning and overall game.

I think with some of the young players who want time on the court and to win games there will be a lot of intense practices.

This will help all the players, the one's who feel they have a job will be pushed to perform better because they might not have a job.

That's the great thing about having young talented and hungry players. They push the veterans who can easily become complacent making so much money with guaranteed contracts.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #8
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

I don't know if this qualifies as a surprise, but look for Zack Randolph to be the best player on the Knicks. The surprise with him will be if he stays out of trouble.

Possible surprises IMHO, some likely, some not: Nate progressing as a point guard, Q coming back healthy from back surgery, Curry working on his D and rebounding, Crawford picking up where he left off before his injury; Lee being forced to come off the bench the whole season despite his great play and rebounding, Marbury actually making his teammates better; Jerome James earning more PT by showing some aptitude for and interest in basketball, Balkman developing a mid-range game; Jarid Jeferies showing that he was not a waste of money, Allan Houston making the team and being health enough to contribute, the Knicks making a trade that brings in a contributor and gets the roster down to the legal limit, no serious injuries, Isiah realizing no woman should be called a female dog no matter what color she may be, Dolan being forced to step down or even sell the team by NBA commissioner Stern, the kicks being bought by an owner that knows basketball; the Knicks making the playoffs; going far into the playoffs, making the finals, winning it all -- and my winning the lottery -- despite never buying a ticket!

Any others?

What do YOU think?

Last edited by oldknickfan : 09-19-2007 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 AM   #9
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

I think there is a possibility Stern might pull a Stienbrenner if Dolan losses the court case.

He would be able to investigate and decide to suspend Dolan and Thomas from running the Knicks for a few years.

By suspending Steinbrenner the Yankees were left with real baseball people to run the show. In just a few years they rebuilt that team and it's minor league teams eventually winning 4 world series. Then Steinbrenner came back and they have yet to win one because he went back to his old ways of trying to buy players, it doesn't work.

That's one thing I have to say about Thomas, he is drafting well and developing players. But if it weren't for injuries some would not have developed. He falls short because of the pressure from Dolan to play contracts and not the best players.

I think we have enough talent on this team to at least make the playoffs and win a series or two.

Dolan is clearly a moron who knows nothing about running a sports team. He made very bad decisions with Cablevision and pissed off a lot of people with his petty squabbles against other cable carriers. He pissed of th NFL by blocking the Jets stadium deal and lost any future dealings with the NFL. He really screwed the city of New York because of that stadium, if the stadium were built we were assured of a Super Bowl appearance here and maybe the Olympics. If that was good or bad for the city I can't say, we will never know because of Dolan.

As for Thomas, between them, he has made the Knicks the laughing stock of the NBA. Stern being a New Yorker and die hard Knick fan could not be happy about this. I'm sure he is just waiting to bring down the house on that duo.

But right now I can say the Knicks have a lot of good players and young players with upside. All we need is a real coach to put it together.

This law suit has really shown both Dolan and Thomas for what they are and it's not good.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:11 PM   #10
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

There is a lot wrong with the Knick ownership and management - including not making good decisions, sexual misconduct and even racism.

I think James Dolan is a bad owner, poor manager and a third-rate "performer."

Isiah Thomas is arrogant, two-faced and appears to be bigoted towards whites and women. Although he is a sorry excuse for a general manager, he is talented at drafting players and not a bad coach.

Marbury, is a good-natured guy with a big heart and great basketball skills. Unfortunately, he is not very smart about what wins games and has no sense about much of the things he says.

Knick ownership and mismanagement has put it into a deep hole with salary cap hell, adverse public relations, damaging litigation and a team that has been the embarrassment of the NBA, NBA Commissioner, its fans and the city of New York. It will be extremely difficult to make this franchise successful again given such horrendous miss management for so many years. Incompetence is not only the norm at MSG -- it is rewarded and perpetuated!

James Dolan was handed the Knicks by his rich father Charles the way a child receives a rattle as a present. James is free to play with it, lose it or break it - it does not matter. He still has the billion dollar Cablevision empire to absorb its losses of revenues and games.

Without smarter management the Knicks will be no better than a third-rate franchise. Hopefully the Knicks will win more games than last year. But don't expect a championship soon. That would be a real surprise!
Old 09-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #11
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
This law suit has really shown both Dolan and Thomas for what they are and it's not good.

Care to re-think your stance....
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

No, I thought the basically the same thing before it.

He said, she said BS.

Isiah is a bigot, two faced liar and Dolan's BIG a jerk.

They are both incompetent and way over their heads as executives.

If these things were not true then this franchise would be successful.

Wrong or right?

Isiah is a descent coach and drafts pretty well but cannot run a team as a GM. Dolan is a spoiled child.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

though i think that this woman is a liar (10 mil? lmao), it would be nice to get IT and Dolan out of the picture.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:05 AM   #14
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
though i think that this woman is a liar (10 mil? lmao), it would be nice to get IT and Dolan out of the picture.

Whether she is right or wrong $10 mil plus her job back seems like too much. But $30 m for Jerome James is even more ridiculous.

Get rid of Dolan and IT? Don't count on it! LOL
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: