Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 09-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default A Rant/Complaint (Bandwagon Fans)

Ok, so my girlfriend is coming to visit in December/January, and she's never been to a pro sports game so i'm going to take her to the Cavs/Spurs game on January 2nd. I call Gund Arena (still not calling it the Q) to ask when individual game tickets go on sale, and she tells me that EVERYTHING in the lower bowl is already sold out to season ticket holders so the best i can get are the $50 tickets (which used to be $21 before LeBron came)

My complaint is that NONE of these rich A**holes were around when the Cavs were losing. They're not real fans, they're just there for the status to feel important like they're part of something. I remember the days when you could go to a Cavs game with your family, and get seats RIGHT behind the hoop for $35 on the spot. Now all of a sudden LeBron's here and ticket prices triple and real fans end up having to sit in the nosebleed seats while the rich people sit down courtside and talk on their cell phones not even knowing A SINGLE player besides LeBron. I HATE THESE RICH A** PEOPLE WHO ARE RUINING CAVS FANDOM FOR US REAL FANS!

rant over. woo-sah.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:21 PM   #2
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Welcome to profesional sports. It happens everywhere.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #3
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol yes but here in cleveland we're not USED to it! We've never had something that everyone wanted to be a part of. It's like when electricity gets introduced to old Mayan tribes in south america...it's hard to accept something so new!
Old 09-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
AKADS

Fair enough. I live in Calgary there are so many rich oil companys when the Flames (NHL) team started doin well every oil company bought as many tickets as they could now getting ticket is next to impossible. 4 yrs ago you could walk up on game day and get great tickets.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:34 AM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Right right...i remember my family was downtown shopping and 10 minutes before game time we passed Gund Arena and i asked if we could go to a Cavs game and we got seats behind the hoop for $35. Now you gotta pay $35 five months in advance to get nosebleed seats on a corner.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:06 AM   #6
AKADS

At least you live in a city with a team.

Q. would you rather the way it is now or LeBron to leave and it to go back to the way it was
Old 09-09-2006, 01:44 AM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Hmmm....I'd rather it be like it is now. I'd rather sit in the rafters and see my team win than sit courtside at a loss. I figure by the time i hit my mid 20s LeBron will be gone and ill get my good seats back. Might as well enjoy the wins while i can
Old 09-09-2006, 01:56 AM   #8
AKADS

Just wanted to give you an idea why seats are expencive. LeBron will be there for life. I hope. Or I will have to chnage teams. Sorry B-Low,
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: