Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2007, 07:53 PM   #16
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Crucial Conflict was wack.


You didn't like Ghetto Queen by Crucial Conflict featuring R. Kelly??? That song was nice.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:53 PM   #17
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 22,722
Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

I like AK47 from Bone Thugz that is a song i always play before games and is in constant rotation on my ipod.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:54 PM   #18
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,594
B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
http://www.bonethugsnharmony.com/

says they're having a new album out soon.

Krayzie Bone's been "Ridin" high lately with Chamillionaire, but he hasn't forgotten his harmonious roots.

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Krayzie's group since the early '90s, have two new albums on the horizon, beginning with September 19's Thug Stories.

That album, the follow-up to 2002's Thug World Order, marks the group's first release as a trio, since Bizzy Bone is no longer in the group (see "Bizzy Bone Says He's Not Crazy, He's Just Found The Lord"), leaving Krayzie, Layzie Bone and Wish Bone (Flesh-N-Bone is serving a 10-year sentence for armed assault.) The first single is the just-released "Don't Stop."

While Thug Stories is a somewhat low-key affair, the second new Bone Thugs album, expected in late 2006, is being overseen by Swizz Beatz (who brought the group to Interscope Records) and will feature a bevy of big names.

"We got Dr. Dre, we got Three 6 Mafia, we got Kanye West, we got a lot of people on the album," Krayzie said. "We got Mariah Carey. She promised that she was gonna do a song with us once, and she kept her promise."


^^^^^thats thug stories

and according to wiki a new album is coming out in march
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_Thugs-N-Harmony
Strength and Loyalty
Released: March 27, 2007
Billboard 200 chart position:
R&B/Hip-Hop chart position:
Last RIAA certification:
Singles: Just Vibe

Nice...thanks man

Damn college has me out of the Cleveland loop i guess lol
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:00 PM   #19
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Nice...thanks man

Damn college has me out of the Cleveland loop i guess lol


How did you like Cleveland??? Just wondering man.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #20
B-Low
The Love B-Low
 
B-Low's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Crowned Prince of the OTC
Posts: 15,594
B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
How did you like Cleveland??? Just wondering man.

I still live there, i just go to college about 2 hours west of there. It's not THAT great of a city but its the best you'll find in Ohio. If i have to live in the state I'm glad I live in Cleveland rather than some farm town (which is 99% of the rest of Ohio). Plus LeBron has made things a lot more interesting around here...people actually got pride in the city now
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #21
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
You didn't like Ghetto Queen by Crucial Conflict featuring R. Kelly??? That song was nice.

That was on R.Kelly album. That was cool but for the most part Crucial Conflict was wack.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #22
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I still live there, i just go to college about 2 hours west of there. It's not THAT great of a city but its the best you'll find in Ohio. If i have to live in the state I'm glad I live in Cleveland rather than some farm town (which is 99% of the rest of Ohio). Plus LeBron has made things a lot more interesting around here...people actually got pride in the city now


Cool man. Cleveland has some good food over there.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #23
konex
3-time NBA All-Star
 
konex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,392
konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool
Default

I have all their albums
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #24
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

I don't know how true this is, but apparently there's a song out there with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony featuring Akon called "Forget Me."

Here it is:


http://youtube.com/watch?v=owq-oBwCGJ4
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:25 PM   #25
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
That was on R.Kelly album. That was cool but for the most part Crucial Conflict was wack.


I assume you liked Do or Die.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:30 PM   #26
thenextgreatbigman
Banned
 
thenextgreatbigman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,092
thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
I don't know how true this is, but apparently there's a song out there with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony featuring Akon called "Forget Me."

Here it is:


http://youtube.com/watch?v=owq-oBwCGJ4
its a video mix, you see mtv2 logo at first and then later some other ****.

"just vibe" is their new song http://myspace.com/bonethugsnharmony
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #27
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
I assume you liked Do or Die.

Wasnt too fond of them either but they were better than Crucial Conflict.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #28
statman32
NBA Legend
 
statman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 15,399
statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

ghetto cowboy is a must-hear song
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 06:11 AM   #29
regimeteam
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 133
regimeteam has an OK reputation so far
Default

art of war has got to be one of the greatest hip hop albums. alot of artists these days should thank bone for the sing song style.

the song with Akon is real and should be on the new album.
regimeteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:17 AM   #30
Josh
Deity ★ Persona
 
Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: L o ℑ
Posts: 587
Josh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputationJosh has a terrific reputation
Default

Quote:
I still live there, i just go to college about 2 hours west of there. It's not THAT great of a city but its the best you'll find in Ohio. If i have to live in the state I'm glad I live in Cleveland rather than some farm town (which is 99% of the rest of Ohio). Plus LeBron has made things a lot more interesting around here...people actually got pride in the city now

Cleveland is a good place to live, however under very special conditions. First, you must be a Browns fan. While the Browns suffer many losing seasons, the residents of Cleveland are among the most die-hard of all sports fans when it comes to their beloved yet mediocre Browns. If you love Rock-N-Roll, you have their Hall of Fame museum. Also, it's a large city with plenty to do, but it's not exactly the most attractive due to a huge urban environment (just like any other metropolis).

I will disagree when you claim Cleveland is the "best" you'll find in Ohio. I've been to most major OH cities, and I'd say Cincinnati is the best. Columbus is about as bad as it gets from many perspectives. You don't want to live in Dayton, Middletown or Springfield (these are pretty rough areas). Akron and Canton, nothing special except the Football Hall of Fame. Warren and Youngstown, forget about it (crime driven areas). I think the most ideal place to live would be somewhere like Toledo or Sandusky. Sandusky is home to the world's greatest amusement park (Cedar Point). Sandusky is only a 30-45 min drive from downtown Cleveland, and like Cleveland it's positioned beautifully on the waters of Lake Erie. Toledo is not too far from neighboring Cleveland, very close to Sandusky, and only an hour or less south of Detroit.

Quote:
I'm glad I live in Cleveland rather than some farm town (which is 99% of the rest of Ohio).

Actually, while I've never lived in OH, I know a lot about it. Yes, there are very rural areas. However, OH is the only Rust-Belt state that didn't experience notable population losses. In fact, OH is the 7th highest populated state (which isn't bad considering only CA, TX, NY, FL, IL and PA have higher populations). The metropolitan areas of OH (Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati) have huge suburban regions, which account for much of the population of these areas. Outside of these areas you're right, you'll see rural towns and nothing more than that.

Oh, and in regards to the actual topic itself, I've been a fairly moderate fan of Bone Thugs, but after a certain point, you could surely see the quality in their music went sour. When they first hit the rap scene, it was like nothing anyone had ever heard before; which caused people to go bananas. No one had heard this mid-west sound accompanied by a flow that was unparalleled by anyone else. After a few albums, it was obvious they couldn't change their sound and create music that didn't sound exactly like the album or the hit single they had before that. Eventually, people lost interest, including myself.

You know in life, there's times when certain music is appropriate? See, for me I see Bone Thugs being played on some random day off from work or school, where no one's in the house and you can crank up your sh*t as loud as you want and just maybe sit on the couch or lay down to kill time and just listen to some old pre-East 1999 sh*t.
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy