Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Knicks will make run. A more offensive 2008 Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    3rd or 4th best team in the conference with the potential to be even better. if the Knicks escape the 7th and 8th seeds they will make a deep postseason run and present Miami more of a challenge than Chicago can.
    This is what I've been saying.

It'll be hard or near impossible to beat Chicago or Miami in the first round, but I love our chances against every other team (Indiana, Atlanta, Orlando, Philly and Boston/Milwaukee). And I know we'd most likely have to run into at least one of Chicago/Miami but I think facing them in the 2nd round would be much better for this team considering we've seen how much momentum ways on them. When they're good, they're great and when they're bad, they're horrendous. Coming off a first round win would give us a lot of momentum against every other team. Add that to our immense talent and new found chemistry and I like our odds.

Bucks>knicks

If the Knicks are lucky enough to make the playoffs they will be swept out of the first round, again.

If the Knicks beat the Bulls in the 1st round, they're a lock for the conference finals. No way will they lose to the Pacers or 76ers in the 2nd round after beating the best in the 1st with all that momentum.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fubu05
    They're playing top 5 defense past three games. Just smothering teams from beginning to start. They're balancing out scoring, VERY balanced scoring. And personally, I can't help but see the Celtics. The defense isn't as good as those Celtics, but the offense is better.

You've got Chandler, the defensive anchor(KG).

You've got JR Smith, Novak guys that stretch the floor with the 3 (Ray Allen).

You've got a big that stretches the floor with a jumper, KG/STAT.

You've got your primary scorer, Melo. And these past few games, he's been very Paul-Pierce like. He's picking his spots, he's passing more, taking less shots, getting things in the flow of the offense. Like those transition/pull-up threes that Pierce hits, Melo has been doing more of.

They've got a dynamic PG with Lin/Baron (Rondo).

A very deep bench.

And now, you've got this whole collectiveness on defense. Guys who before weren't known for defending, are now putting in the work. Amar'e is hedging out on PnRs, Melo is bodying up his man and showing great footwork on D. Kind of like when you saw Pierce change that year with the arrival of KG.

I just see more and more of the Celtics with this Knicks squad. And I think what people underestimate about those Celtics is their offense. They were an incredibly efficient offensive team. Sure their defense was amazing, but their offense was pretty darn good. Why? Because they spread it around, on any given night you didn't know who would hurt you. Could be Melo(Pierce), Amar'e(KG), Novak/JR(Ray), Lin(Rondo). They had too many weapons.

Thoughts? Anyways these are just my 2 cents.
    Comparing the '08 Celtics to the '12 Knicks

lol man, you are talking about one of the greatest teams of the last 20 years, you cant even compare knicks to such an excellent team as '08 celtics. one of the greatest players of all time, kobe, couldnt beat them with an excellent supporting cast if not because of injuries in '09

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Knicks fans drop to much knowledge on ISH

Decent playground baller rfoster24's Avatar

i came in here simply to look at all the commenys making fun of the op.

3 wins in a row, and knick fans are thinking championship

@ Knicks fans thinking they have a chance against the Heat or the Bulls. They don't even have a chance against the Magic.

"Knicks will make run. A more offensive 2008 Celtics."

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Sigh...

No wonder everyone hates us

We've still got huge issues, losing D'antoni is a huge win, but we have a hell of a lot of improvement to make. 08 Celtics is a terrible comparison.

We need to get up above 6th seed to even have a shot at even making it out of the 1st round.

Learning to shoot layups

What people dont understand is this is a new knick team without dan****** holdin us back.

But you'll see soon enuff.

the mighty celtics, the same team that only won 1 championship with 3 superstars?

obviously i would trade that 1 championship for what i have seen as a knicks fan, but lets calm down on talking about how great the celtics have been. let me repeat, 1 championship. lakers have since won 2. so get over yourselves talking about how mighty and unbeatable the celtics have been. clearly i know the 2008 celtics > this knicks team or likely any recent knicks team, but calm down with your 1 championship. dynasty it is not.

College star

The Knicks play defense well for 4 days in 3 games against 2 teams, and all of a sudden they are the Champion 08 Celtics, better offensively?

Sigh. Just like the Knicks were the 3rd best team in the East, capable of beating the Bulls in a 7 game series, and were ECF bound, before Melo returned and they fell back into the average team they are right now.

Knicks have the potential to do big things. Guess what? So does about 5 teams every year before reality sits in, history drags on and years later we realize how truly mediocre those teams were, with no rings, no finals, no conference finals appearances.

Can we wait and see which side of the fence this Knicks team falls on before we pretend they've done shit? For ****s sake it's been three games, their record clearly indicates they have been less than average this year.
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 03-20-2012 at 01:13 AM.