Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    There was one play where he sealed Dwight and spun right off of him for a dunk. Most of his other shots (both made and missed), aside from his two baskets in the final minute, came from his work on the offensive glass. He didn't get that many looks in the post maybe partly because of Dwight but also because they kept turning the ball over trying to throw it to him (not his fault all but maybe one time). I didn't think it was clear that Dwight effected him offensively... he just wasn't fed in the post tonight so it was hard to tell.

Overall I thought he out-played Dwight for sure. Howard couldn't get position on him at all. Howard never beat him down the floor one time, and only got loose for one alley-oop dunk (I guess he got loose for two, but f@cked one up). Pekovic didn't allow him to get any offensive boards either. I think the only one he got when Pekovic was in the game was the one where Pek had to pick up someone else.
    this is what i was most impressed with it. i think pek can be a starting center for a while. howard has trouble vs. some of those sturdy guys (ie chuck hayes)

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    this is what i was most impressed with it. i think pek can be a starting center for a while. howard has trouble vs. some of those sturdy guys (ie chuck hayes)
    He doesn't have the strength in his lower body. Those big guns and wide shoulders look cool and all, but they're not what really matters in the post. Hayes, Pekovic... they've got those tree trunk legs. That's why Pekovic is so amazing at getting position down low... he's so strong in his lower body.

Dunking on everybody in the park MavsPoke's Avatar

He should do some videos with FPSRussia.

Have nice day.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

He doesn't have the strength in his lower body. Those big guns and wide shoulders look cool and all, but they're not what really matters in the post. Hayes, Pekovic... they've got those tree trunk legs. That's why Pekovic is so amazing at getting position down low... he's so strong in his lower body.
    So now that we see Pekovic can stand his ground against a pretty fair center, where does he rank?
    Starter in a small market?
    Starter in Boston or Miami?
    Top 10 in the league?

Decent college freshman

He has been excellent, I haven't seen any opposing centre outplay him since he became the starter. He outplayed Dwight today as well. I would like to see him get more touches as he doesn't really get the ball from anyone except Rubio. I think he is a top 10 C.

If he started playing like this from the begining of the season, would he be in the All Star game (instead of Marc)?

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    If he started playing like this from the begining of the season, would he be in the All Star game (instead of Marc)?
    doubt it. gasol is still more versatile offensively and better defensively. the only edge i'd give pekovic is offensive boards and putbacks. gasol is double teamed wayyy more than pekovic.

Banned

There was one play where he sealed Dwight and spun right off of him for a dunk. Most of his other shots (both made and missed), aside from his two baskets in the final minute, came from his work on the offensive glass. He didn't get that many looks in the post maybe partly because of Dwight but also because they kept turning the ball over trying to throw it to him (not his fault all but maybe one time). I didn't think it was clear that Dwight effected him offensively... he just wasn't fed in the post tonight so it was hard to tell.

Overall I thought he out-played Dwight for sure. Howard couldn't get position on him at all. Howard never beat him down the floor one time, and only got loose for one alley-oop dunk (I guess he got loose for two, but f@cked one up). Pekovic didn't allow him to get any offensive boards either. I think the only one he got when Pekovic was in the game was the one where Pek had to pick up someone else.
    i think the pace of the game had a lot to do with the opportunities in the post, i dont think they had enough time to get block to block consistently and i honestly dont think the wolves were even making an effort to look for him

i think they were just trying to get howard out of the paint most of the time

Certified ISHiot.

Had some unusual troubles finishing around the rim early, but still put 21/11 (and a season-high 3 blocks) on the Bobcats tonight. The Montenegrin Bulldozer rolls on.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Had some unusual troubles finishing around the rim early, but still put 21/11 (and a season-high 3 blocks) on the Bobcats tonight. The Montenegrin Bulldozer rolls on.
    stupid fricking recording freaking machine went on the fricking fritz and i didn't get to tape the frickin game what a frickin frzzle that is

did they look good? I saw stat lines but shoot Love is possibly the most unstoppable player in the league and pekovic is trashing everything in his path. those seem to be a given.
    But what about the outside game? inability to match teams at the 2, that is why they are losing from what i have seen...... not that i saw this frickin game due to the frickin dvr going on the frickin frasdfkdrrrrrdle..................

Pekovic is a beast, no doubt about it...he's certainly no worse than Marc Gasol and Bynum too, just not as marketable as these two. Hopefully he'll get recognized in this league and get his permanent starting role on some decent team

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    Pekovic is a beast, no doubt about it...he's certainly no worse than Marc Gasol and Bynum too, just not as marketable as these two. Hopefully he'll get recognized in this league and get his permanent starting role on some decent team
    let's not get carried away

i like him and i've been posting in this thread since early on. he's a bruiser for sure, but he needs to put together more of a body of work before he goes over guys like gasol, bynum and gortat. he already has a serviceable mid-range jumper and if he continues to work on that while reducing his TO's, he'll be right up there

oh ya, interesting stat. he leads the league in offensive rebounds per minute.

NBA lottery pick

Fact: If Pekovic played for the Knicks, there would be a media-frenzy surrounding the massive Montenegrin almost same as there is Lin.

Since he's been starting (Feb), he's averaging 17.1 ppg with a .613 FG%, and 10.6 rpg along with 1 spg and 1 bpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    This season he played in Partizan where Acie Law was a pg ( played very bad ) and he played great so he doesnt need a good pg . He rebounded great in offence and played better defense than he played before so you can see he improved and it doesnt matter how he played before
    He must have worked on his game hard and now is being rewarded with playtime, dude is definitely a beast averaging that many rebounds playing alongside Love. I remember having a discussion with you at the beginning of the season about him and Ibaka.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    You weel geev me dis ball or I will BREAK somesink.

Yes? Your arm I am thinking, yes?

OKAY SANK YOU PLEESE!!
    lmao