Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tipping at restaurants?

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    It's a generality, but usually true. Didn't mean to offend, you know I hold you in high esteem, my dude.

Props for being an african american who tips.
    What he fck is that supposed to mean?

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    What he fck is that supposed to mean?
    You know damn well what it means kid, I didn't mince words on your ass. Stand by it, too.

Made a thread about this a few months back, pretty sure you were a heavy contributor to it. Don't play dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    You know damn well what it means kid, I didn't mince words on your ass. Stand by it, too.

Made a thread about this a few months back, pretty sure you were a heavy contributor to it. Don't play dumb.
    Yes, I remember your dumb thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Just a ridiculous retarded American mentality and culture. People working hard just because they get tips. I am staying in South Korea and it's every bit (if not much more) modern in living conditions etc. However, with these service industries (cabs, restaurants, etc) you don't tip. What's even crazier..is that the service is still 100x better than back at home. They treat you so well, just because it is their job and they know other people can easily do what they do. They appreciate just having a job and making sure they do a good job at it.

I like the In n Out mentality. Pay a reasonable wage ($9 an hour to start if im not mistaken). Get rid of this tipping wildness. Gotta tip everywhere, bartenders (and I was one), etc. It's ridiculous.

Personally, I like a system better where everyone is rewarded if the company/restaurant is successful. Also, rewards people for staying with a company longer. Turnover is a huge cost and waste of scrills in restaurants. Simply, have a year-end bonus (even for part-time workers). If the company does good, everyone gets rewarded.

end rant/
    People should do their jobs to the fullest regardless of what they are paid that's why I find the "better service" reasoning of why people tip so disturbing.

The fact is that many countries get by just fine without the concept of tipping makes blatantly defending something such as this is unwise at the very least.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Like I said, if you don't like the way it works then you take it up with all restaurant owners who are trying keep their business afloat. When you don't tip you are scrooging the wrong people.
    This pretty much sums it up.

I always wondered if African american be used for any black who lives in the Americas???

College star

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Just a ridiculous retarded American mentality and culture. People working hard just because they get tips. I am staying in South Korea and it's every bit (if not much more) modern in living conditions etc. However, with these service industries (cabs, restaurants, etc) you don't tip. What's even crazier..is that the service is still 100x better than back at home. They treat you so well, just because it is their job and they know other people can easily do what they do. They appreciate just having a job and making sure they do a good job at it.

I like the In n Out mentality. Pay a reasonable wage ($9 an hour to start if im not mistaken). Get rid of this tipping wildness. Gotta tip everywhere, bartenders (and I was one), etc. It's ridiculous.

Personally, I like a system better where everyone is rewarded if the company/restaurant is successful. Also, rewards people for staying with a company longer. Turnover is a huge cost and waste of scrills in restaurants. Simply, have a year-end bonus (even for part-time workers). If the company does good, everyone gets rewarded.

end rant/
    Screw that collectivist bull crap. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Most people don't have a good work ethic. If they know they are only getting x amount no matter what, they will do just enough to get by.
    And that's America for you, this generation at least.

College star

You think some of you capitalist would believe in a system where you can vote with your dollars, have the option to buy better service as you see fit.

College star

I mean what's better than having the option to pay? No one is holding a gun to your head? The one day you don't feel like it or haven't got the money, shit you don't have too. The time you feel good and want to spend some extra money to get yourself some nice service you have the option. It's a win win.

Just because you get self conscious, because you live everyday as a thrifty mofo, and there's a social stigma that goes along to being like that, doesn't me you get to ruin our liberty to tip as we see fit and compensate our fellow man whether or not we want.
    Last edited by Norcaliblunt; 01-06-2013 at 07:02 PM.

You don't cut corners at work?
    The only corners I cut are on my bread homeboy.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    I mean what's better than having the option to pay? No one is holding a gun to your head? The one day you don't feel like it or haven't got the money, shit you don't have too. The time you feel good and want to spend some extra money to get yourself some nice service you have the option. It's a win win.

Just because you get self conscious, because you live everyday as a thrifty mofo, and there's a social stigma that goes along to being like that, doesn't me you get to ruin our liberty to tip as we see fit and compensate our fellow man whether or not we want.
    You don't really have a choice. places charge gratuity if you have a party over 6 now.

You don't cut corners at work?
    When i go to work, i go to work. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who go to work and have this expression like "i hate being here." Motha****a get out then. Even if i don't feel like being at work, i put on the show that i'm very thankful to even have some work, because i know what its like to go on a long stretch of odd jobs with no stable employment.

Along with people expecting tips, the ass holes who go to work and be lazy are prime examples of America's lack of work ethic. We don't fight for anything we want unless its something that doesn't mean shit like an ipad, yet wonder why our politicians aren't fighting for us and blame them for everything.

I'm not going to be one to say this country is crumbling, because if anything its on a new horizon, just not one we may expect or want, but the people have very little love for one another, which leaves the country divided and full of excuses for whats wrong without every actually looking at themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I always wondered if African american be used for any black who lives in the Americas???
    Some people in the USA call all black people African American . It is weird. A lot of people also think saying black is offensive.

Yeah I wish i could not give a fvk about tipping but them waitresses be too cute and nice