Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default I Need Some Computer Help

Yo, I just scanned my comp and found out I have a bunch of viruses, spyware, and all that shit. I clicked the remove threat button...but like, the thing is still there. What do I do now?
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I Need Some Computer Help

Best thing will probably be to reformat the drive and reinstall windows. Only way to be sure everything is gone. Then install a good antivirus/antispyware before you hook up to the internet.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

What kind of antispyware/virus program do you have?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #4
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Try NOD32. One of the best programs I believe, and it ain't heavy or anything.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No fucking way Im reformatting this damn comp again....

I use AVG...
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #6
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
Best thing will probably be to reformat the drive and reinstall windows. Only way to be sure everything is gone. Then install a good antivirus/antispyware before you hook up to the internet.
You only want to reformat as a last resort.

To the OP:

Try system restore. It's the quickest way to try to stop the malware from working. It won't remove it, but it could stop the programs from working.

If they have infected or erased the restore points, the next step would be to get some anti-malware software like Spybot, Avast, etc and use their scanning and removal tools. Make sure you do the scans and removal while disconnected from the internet.

If that doesn't work, try different pc help forums where people can check your hijack logs and give instructions or links for more in depth actions.

If that doesn't work, you should probably get a professional to recover it if you don't know how to do anything more in depth. If you know how to re-install the operating system, and don't want to bother with paying for work to be done, then make sure you backup any data you need and then reinstall the OS.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
mhg88
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
You only want to reformat as a last resort.

Generally true, but it sounds like he's pretty f*cked over having both viruses and spyware. In my experience I find it easier just to reinstall the OS than to dick around with a bunch of different programs and stuff that end up taking longer than just reinstalling. Not to mention the comp runs better than ever once you do.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
Generally true, but it sounds like he's pretty f*cked over having both viruses and spyware. In my experience I find it easier just to reinstall the OS than to dick around with a bunch of different programs and stuff that end up taking longer than just reinstalling. Not to mention the comp runs better than ever once you do.

That was usually the case for me. Although I haven't had to reformat in over 2 years.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: