Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Lebron has been working out with Hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    To all: Where does the word "stan" come from? I know it means a biased fan, but I don't know where the terminology comes from.
    IIRC, from my lurking days, it comes from the Eminem song, Stan.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I wonder why no one (at least not publically) has announced that they were working with Kevin McHale to better their post game/ moves/ footwork. He's probably 2nd to only Hakeem in terms of that facet of the game.
    Why learn from anyone else but the best?

A post game would add to his repertoire anxious to see his game develop.
    Dallas had help defenders key in on him so he couldn't slash he didn't look comfortable working in a limited area.

A pull up jumper would work wonders for him.
    He should be working on his mid range game just as much if not more.

Motivation.

Arcadia, CA

lets be honest here, lebrons post game needs to be close to the basket.......dude isnt going to be posting up and firing mid ranges like MJ or kobe at will

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macpierce
    lets be honest here, lebrons post game needs to be close to the basket.......dude isnt going to be posting up and firing mid ranges like MJ or kobe at will

Last time i checked he has a turn around jump shot that he does on the baseline, he can expand it to draw himself more closer to the hoop for an assist or draw more fouls that way. I hated the way he couldn't get any fouls drawn in the finals, this would make his life easier..

Quote Originally Posted by macpierce
    It's late in the game for him to get deadly @ mid range. To bring his play to the next level he should work on his weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    really Josh Smith still has no idea how to post up after Hakeem.

I don't Lebron needs Hakeem. He doesn't seem to have the base of moves set up to where Hakeem's knowledge would help.

-Lebron does not understand a lot of fundamental aspects in the post. If he has hasn't gotten it by now, I doubt there will be a significant change. What he can do is maximize his athletism down there and work on finishing from the low block.

Kobe was tweaking an already elite aspect of his game. A little different than basically starting from scratch.
    Josh Smith has a decent post game doesn't really use it he's too undersized

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

LeBron had a great regular season. LeBron had a pretty good post season up until Dallas. Against Dallas it wasn't the lack of a post game or his consistency with his jumper that hurt him. What he lacked was the aggressiveness. He could have bulldozed the lane and scored some points, instead he just stood around on the perimeter. Having a post game won't make him all of a sudden decide to attack. He could have scored more in the finals with the exact same skillset he has now, he just didn't have the mentality.

That being said obviously him developing a post game is a good thing. With his size and eventual continued decline of his athletic ability it's a good idea to get a head start with his footwork, witch is pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Yet Bryant's whole game and persona is a copy
    You are right, Lebron is sure as hell original with his personality. Nobody has possessed such a loser personality with so much talent

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    You are right, Lebron is sure as hell original with his personality. Nobody has possessed such a loser personality with so much talent

OooOOoOOOoOOoO PWND by a NUB !!!

G-Trash should retire. LeBrons last chance to add some skills in his arsenal besides Running over people.

Good High School Starter

Lebron in the post is gonna be comedy. He's not fundamentally sound enough to just pick that $hit up at 27.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Lebron in the post is gonna be comedy. He's not fundamentally sound enough to just pick that $hit up at 27.
    i can't hate on a player for working on his game.. i just hope he doesn't learn much or anything

I hope he loses some weight. They might face a younger and athletic team in the NBA Finals next year. (OKC Thunder).

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    I wonder why no one (at least not publically) has announced that they were working with Kevin McHale to better their post game/ moves/ footwork. He's probably 2nd to only Hakeem in terms of that facet of the game.
    Teaching isn't easy and some people aren't good at it. KG never developed a deep post game and he had the tools, plus he was built like McHale.

Watch out NBA! LeBron with post move?! Now he's gunning for the greatest EVER crown! Soon it will be LeBron > Mike > Kobe.