Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 10-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
hawkfan
Banned

Default Where will LeBron James rank on the all-time top 50 players list when he retires?

Where will LeBron James rank on the all-time top 50 players list when he retires?
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
swi7ch
Banned

Default Re: Where will LeBron James rank on the all-time top 50 players list when he retires?

top 25 if he wins multiple rings
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
knightfall88
Local High School Star

Default Re: Where will LeBron James rank on the all-time top 50 players list when he retires?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch

in other words, not top 25
knightfall88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

At this rate, I'd guess Lebron and Wade being #11 and #12 in either order behind the usual top 10 players of Jordan, Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt, Shaq, Hakeem, Duncan, and Kobe.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Rnbizzle
Banned

If Wade and Lebron can get a couple of rings together I have them both near/around my top 10.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
sh0wtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch

De facto, you can harmlessly dispute mr James is top 25 already.
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
pegasus
€uroInU$A

2/3 of his career (that will matter) is finished, and he has not accomplished enough to be considered top-25. If he somehow wins a couple of rings, while at least matching Wade's contributions (not just stats, clutch plays on both sides, etc.), he will sniff the top-15.

His elite years will be done in four years unless he can find a way to transform his game (IMO, too late for that), and whatever he does after that, won't move him up or down.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

Around the 12-15 area. Below Kobe/West.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
PowerGlove
By Any Means

Top 10.
PowerGlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:49 PM   #11
sh0wtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
2/3 of his career (that will matter) is finished, and he has not accomplished enough to be considered top-25. If he somehow wins a couple of rings, while at least matching Wade's contributions (not just stats, clutch plays on both sides, etc.), he will sniff the top-15.

His elite years will be done in four years unless he can find a way to transform his game (IMO, too late for that), and whatever he does after that, won't move him up or down.

After the presumable top 10 players of all time, you have these players i can only think out of my mind right now, in no specific order:

Charles Barkley
Isiah Thomas
Bob Cousy
David Robinson
Dirk Nowitzki
John Havlicek
Hakeem Olajuwon
Elgin Baylor
Lebron James
Jerry West
Julius Erving
Karl Malone
Moses Malone
Julius Erving
Kevin Garnett

Thats 15 players to compile after the presumable respective top 10, which means these players above can easily lay claim to top 25, so just out of curiosity, could you please give any hints to who you would by chance replace Lebron with? If you value strictly championships, then i guess you could take out pretty many players above and replace with the likes of Robert Horry & Scottie Pippen if you were birdbrained enough.

Before you do that, i want you to think about one thing, would you have Charles Barkley in your top 25 right now? If the answer is yes, then have a look at this comparasion, what Lebron has already accomplished can unequivocally be compared to Charles Barkley.

Just gona copy & paste now Lebrons accomplishments from another thread, dont have the time to thoroughly research everything myself at this moment.

LEBRON JAMES

2 x MVP
2 x All-Star MVP
7 x NBA All-Star
1 x NBA scoring champion
5 x All-NBA 1st team
3 x All-Defensive 1st team
1 x Gold Medal
17 x Player of the Month awards (most in NBA history)
Rookie of the Year
2 x Best NBA Player awards
All-Rookie 1st team

STATS:

17362 points @ 27.7 PPG
4451 rebounds @ 7.1 RPG
4364 assists @ 7.0 APG
1079 steals @ 1.7 SPG
532 blocks @ 0.8 BPG
40 total triple doubles

PER - 26.9 (#2 all-time ranking)

CHARLES BARKLEY

1 x MVP
1 x All-Star MVP
11 x NBA All-Star
5 x All-NBA 1st team
1 x Gold Medal
4 x Player of the Month awards
All-Rookie 1st team

STATS:

23757 points @ 22.1 PPG
12546 rebounds @ 11.7 RPG
4215 assists @ 3.9 APG
1648 steals @ 1.5 SPG
888 blocks @ 0.8 BPG
23 total triple doubles

PER - 24.6 (#11 all-time ranking)

As you can witness, the only reason you could think of to why Charles Barkley is ranked higher than Lebron would be only because Charles has more total of points, double-doubles & rebounds and all-star games played due to the longer career. But then you could the same way also place Lebron above Charles Barkley when you consider Lebron has more MVP's, All-Star MVP's, all-defensive selections, better averages, more triple doubles, more milestones and more player of the month awards.

Lebron James just like Charles Barkley has more than done enough to warrant a top 25 spot, i dont comprehend to why he would not?

Last edited by sh0wtime : 10-05-2011 at 01:57 PM.
sh0wtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #12
pegasus
€uroInU$A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0wtime
After the presumable top 10 players of all time, you have these players i can only think out of my mind right now, in no specific order:

Charles Barkley
Isiah Thomas
Bob Cousy
David Robinson
Dirk Nowitzki
John Havlicek
Hakeem Olajuwon
Elgin Baylor
Lebron James
Jerry West
Julius Erving
Karl Malone
Moses Malone
Julius Erving
Kevin Garnett

Thats 15 players to compile after the presumable respective top 10, which means these players above can easily lay claim to top 25, so just out of curiosity, could you please give any hints to who you would by chance replace Lebron with? If you value strictly championships, then i guess you could take out pretty many players above and replace with the likes of Robert Horry & Scottie Pippen if you were birdbrained enough.

Before you do that, i want you to think about one thing, would you have Charles Barkley in your top 25 right now? If the answer is yes, then have a look at this comparasion, what Lebron has already accomplished can unequivocally be compared to Charles Barkley.

Just gona copy & paste now Lebrons accomplishments from another thread, dont have the time to thoroughly research everything myself at this moment.

LEBRON JAMES

2 x MVP
2 x All-Star MVP
7 x NBA All-Star
1 x NBA scoring champion
5 x All-NBA 1st team
3 x All-Defensive 1st team
1 x Gold Medal
17 x Player of the Month awards (most in NBA history)
Rookie of the Year
2 x Best NBA Player awards
All-Rookie 1st team

STATS:

17362 points @ 27.7 PPG
4451 rebounds @ 7.1 RPG
4364 assists @ 7.0 APG
1079 steals @ 1.7 SPG
532 blocks @ 0.8 BPG
40 total triple doubles

PER - 26.9 (#2 all-time ranking)

CHARLES BARKLEY

1 x MVP
1 x All-Star MVP
11 x NBA All-Star
5 x All-NBA 1st team
1 x Gold Medal
4 x Player of the Month awards
All-Rookie 1st team

STATS:

23757 points @ 22.1 PPG
12546 rebounds @ 11.7 RPG
4215 assists @ 3.9 APG
1648 steals @ 1.5 SPG
888 blocks @ 0.8 BPG
23 total triple doubles

PER - 24.6 (#11 all-time ranking)

As you can witness, the only reason you could think of to why Charles Barkley is ranked higher than Lebron would be only because Charles has more total of points, double-doubles & rebounds and all-star games played due to the longer career. But then you could the same way also place Lebron above Charles Barkley when you consider Lebron has more MVP's, All-Star MVP's, all-defensive selections, better averages, more triple doubles, more milestones and more player of the month awards.

Lebron James just like Charles Barkley has more than done enough to warrant a top 25 spot, i dont comprehend to why he would not?

Bob Pettit, Kevin McHale, John Stockton.

Oh and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phong

Sorry, pauk, couldn't help it.

Last edited by pegasus : 10-05-2011 at 03:03 PM.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #13
alenleomessi
L

top 10 even if he doesnt win a ring
its lebron james we are talking about here
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:24 PM   #14
DaPerceive
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
The rule for me in order to be a top 10 player of all-time is to win a ring. If he doesn't win a ring he will not be considered a top 10 player of all-time and it is not just to me either, but to the public eye.

It is not like LeBron has any more excuses either.
DaPerceive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #15
Phong
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Who is he taking out of the top 10 with 0 rings?
Phong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: