Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: GTA III vs Vice City vs San Andreas vs GTA IV

Can't decide between Vice City and San Andreas

But San Andreas amazed me the most. So much stuff to do, so many missions, so many vehicles. It was just Amazing

1: San Andreas
    2: Vice City ( the athmosphere, just great)
    3: GTA 3
    4: GTA 4

You CANT beat GTA4's graphics.

Although gotta say, if they at least had a cheat for no cops like they did in SA, it would make GTA4 MUCH better.

So, thread is done, next subject:

Is Saint's Row 2 is better than GTA4?

I personally thought so, even though production values are a bit lower. GTA4 looks better and the story is far more developed, but all in all Saint's Row 2 was a much better sandbox experience.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    So, thread is done, next subject:

Is Saint's Row 2 is better than GTA4?

I personally thought so, even though production values are a bit lower. GTA4 looks better and the story is far more developed, but all in all Saint's Row 2 was a much better sandbox experience.
    There's a lot more to do in Saint's Row once the story is over. GTA4 is very limited, with that sort of thing and there's not much to do. All there is, is finding the jumps, killing pigeons (which is actually fun as hell, but I've killed them all now) and doing those base jump missions.

One thing that really dates GTA III now is the limited artificial intelligence. For instance, the cops would only go after you even if gangs were having a war in the street. And the cops were so easy to kill - I'd start wars with them and literally kill hundreds of cops, FBI guys and army guys. I'd use the big garage as my base, draw them in, and invent new ways to kill them. For example, I'd trap 10 cops behind a large vehicle like a bus and unload with the rocket launcher, sending both cops and bus straight to hell. Hours of fun.

Shit now i am thinnking of redwonloading San Andreas

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Shit now i am thinnking of redwonloading San Andreas
    i just got vice city again. i'm about to have a lot of time off so i'm looking forward to it.

thanks, thread.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    i just got vice city again. i'm about to have a lot of time off so i'm looking forward to it.

thanks, thread.

I am tyring to join that big 350 people multiplayer server in San Andreas

it's like a big ass mod for the game. Where you play online with a ton of people and can do tons of stuff.

U can like make money, join the police, taxi drivers, gangs, military

gonna try it out

For me San Andreas is the best gta, plus it's my favourite game of all time. There was so many things you could do in that game, I finished the story around 5+ times, I never got sick of it, I'd finish the story and just cause chaos for a few hours, then go and do the story again. My cousin borrowed the game and lent it to a friend a couple of years ago... haven't gotten it back.

I'm currently looking on ebay trying to get this game, but I'm not paying 30+ bucks for it, game stores only have it for the ps2..

Vice city is the 2nd best gta, the atmosphere was great and it had the best soundtrack out of any gta's. It was like san andreas.. you can just keep playing and playing and never get sick of it.

GTA IV is next.. it was a great game, but it was a bit repetitive. Drive to this place, kill this person and escape. It never had that replay value like san andreas and vice city where you could just cause mayhem and muck up.

GTA III was a pretty good game also. I was blown away when I first played that game.. then vice city comes out the next year..

I don't really remember the mission but I don't know why the main character never talked...

Nostalgia man.... I'm gonna get all 3 of these games...

This thread inspired me to plug in my PS2 and play San Andreas. My last save was in 2004 and I'm only anout 25% through the storyline. It is better than I remember it - it is great.

Hellbound

I think San Andreas was my favorite, with Vice City being a very close 2nd.

I didn't really like 4. I bought it like right when it came out, and then played it for a couple days, and it didn't excite me. I also remember being slightly aggravated at not being able to consistently make out the words in the Eastern European accents. And I think I was kinda bored of the "Liberty City" setting. Maybe the game itself had just lost it's luster (for me at least) by the time I actually started playing 4.

Maybe I'll pop it in today and try it again, I don't have shit to do today anyways.