Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    French Toast Mafia Sterlingsucks's Avatar

Default Re: Should Cavs Pick Derrick Williams over Kyrie Irving?

Not a champion BUT it would make them a respectable team which they were not last year.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Dude you're not winning championships with a 6'10 Center who plays below the rim.

Sh*t is so frustrating. Many of you have no idea what you're talking about.
    I've watched your boy... Not that impressed. Kanter dominated the Nike Hoop Summit. He is tough to handle below the rim AND he has a nice touch from the outside.

F#ck all this sh!t about measurables. I'm sick of hearing about how tall a guy is and using that as the only basis for analysis.

Charles Barkley was listed at 6-foot-5, but I've stood next to him and he is probably closer to 6-foot-4.

He is one of the greatest power forwards to ever play the game. If he were coming out of Alabama this year, people would be mocking the idea of him playing PF in the NBA simply because of his height.

I judge what I see and Kanter looks, to me, like the best Euro player in this class. Whether he is 6-foot-10 or 7-foot or 6-foot-8... The guy can play.

Banned

why do people try to make it seem like this draft is make or break for the team?

They hopefully get 2 solid players and they move on to the next

Kanter is a 6-9ish Center who can't jump and has limited agility.

Do you people understand what wins in this league??? Not undersized power forwards and centers. You need length and mobility on the front line.
    Lastly, how many 7-footers do the Bulls have? One... Omar Asik.

Their starting center is listed as a whooping inch taller than Kanter. You are telling me that this inch makes you totally dismiss him as a center on a good team?

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    why do people try to make it seem like this draft is make or break for the team?

They hopefully get 2 solid players and they move on to the next
    That's what I'm trying to explain to people. OKC didn't turn around their franchise in one year.

It has been less than a year since James announced he was leaving town. It will be a few years before we fully recover from losing the guy that we built the entire franchise around.

There is no reason to 'feel sorry' for the Cavs or their fans.... Last night was a good night... Check that, a great night.

If we get two solid starters, we will be on our way.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I've watched your boy... Not that impressed. Kanter dominated the Nike Hoop Summit. He is tough to handle below the rim AND he has a nice touch from the outside.

F#ck all this sh!t about measurables. I'm sick of hearing about how tall a guy is and using that as the only basis for analysis.

Charles Barkley was listed at 6-foot-5, but I've stood next to him and he is probably closer to 6-foot-4.

He is one of the greatest power forwards to ever play the game. If he were coming out of Alabama this year, people would be mocking the idea of him playing PF in the NBA simply because of his height.

I judge what I see and Kanter looks, to me, like the best Euro player in this class. Whether he is 6-foot-10 or 7-foot or 6-foot-8... The guy can play.
    Jonas dropped 37/19 against Kanter... and???

You don't care about that, right??

The guy's are of similar talents except Valanciunas is still growing while Kanter is the more finished prospect. That would be great if they were 22 or 23 but they are 19 years old. Jonas is the obvious pick and fits better with Irving anyway. I'm confident this will be the case when the draft rolls around.

Banned

That's what I'm trying to explain to people. OKC didn't turn around their franchise in one year.

It has been less than a year since James announced he was leaving town. It will be a few years before we fully recover from losing the guy that we built the entire franchise around.

There is no reason to 'feel sorry' for the Cavs or their fans.... Last night was a good night... Check that, a great night.

If we get two solid starters, we will be on our way.
    It usually take about 3 years to rebuild in the draft before the team makes it to the playoffs. OKC 3 years. It took us 3 years when Lebron was drafted, ect. just haters

Jonas dropped 37/19 against Kanter... and???

You don't care about that, right??

The guy's are of similar talents except Valanciunas is still growing while Kanter is the more finished prospect. That would be great if they were 22 or 23 but they are 19 years old. Jonas is the obvious pick and fits better with Irving anyway. I'm confident this will be the case when the draft rolls around.
    Listen, if the pick is Valanciunas, I'm not going to freak out. All that ANY of us have seen of the kid are some videos on Youtube. I have to have faith that the organization will make the right call. After they work out all of the possibilities and get a first-hand view of him, as well as getting a feel for his personality (which none of us have any idea about), they may feel that he is the guy... And I will be the first one to welcome him to Cleveland.

However, it is my opinion -- from what I've seen of the two -- that Kanter is the better player. Valanciunas looks VERY raw to me and Kanter has some real skill. But, if the franchise thinks otherwise, I will be at The Q cheering him on.

So... whatever.

Lastly, how many 7-footers do the Bulls have? One... Omar Asik.

Their starting center is listed as a whooping inch taller than Kanter. You are telling me that this inch makes you totally dismiss him as a center on a good team?
    You really comparing Noah to Kanter defensively??

Seriously??

Yeah, I'm sure Kanter can shut the paint down and switch out on LeBron James like Noah can.

You draft pieces that fit your visions of winning championships, not just being competitive.

How hard is this to understand?

You really comparing Noah to Kanter defensively??

Seriously??

Yeah, I'm sure Kanter can shut the paint down and switch out on LeBron James like Noah can.

You draft pieces that fit your visions of winning championships, not just being competitive.

How hard is this to understand?
    I'm not comparing Kanter to Noah in any aspect except for height, which is the only primer that you used in making a point that he can't play center in the NBA.

I'm not comparing Kanter to Noah in any aspect except for height, which is the only primer that you used in making a point that he can't play center in the NBA.
    I also said he lacked mobility and length to make up for his lack of height.

I also said he lacked mobility and length to make up for his lack of height.
    I just don't feel like you've seen enough of him to make such a definitive statement. We can talk intellectually about the college players in this draft, because we've had the opportunity to watch them for whole games and whole seasons.

We are relying on sporadic highlights and limited game film on these European guys. I haven't seen enough of Kanter to say exactly how athletic or mobile he is.

obvius agenda here, OIAD obviusly wnats irving in the twolves . sorry blud, Dan doesn't read ish

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Alec Burks isn't a point guard, the other two PG's of the draft that could be sitting there at #4 and wouldn't be an awful pick at that spot are Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker.

This argument is so empty because you're doing nothing but using speculation to make your point seem stronger.

"Those two guys could be better than Kyrie Irving"

"What if Kyrie Irving turns out he ain't sh!t and thsoe 3 guys I mention doing a great job"

Yeah, well, what if Kyrie Irving ends up being really good and every single guy you mentioned turns out to be "sh!t"?

See how easy it is to make such a stupid argument?

Just saying that's all and just throw some idea if they're gettig a PG but the cavs already have a bunch of G, too many. they need a spot for SF.

I rather they go with this Derrick Williams over Kyrie Irving

for 4th I would pick Jonas Valanciunas or Enes Kanter

Cavs already got Baron Davis and Ramon Sessions

Noah is a pretty long 6'10.