Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Could James Harden lead a playoff caliber team as the lead player/scorer?

Where are all of Houston's shots gonna come from? Harden is more a playmaker not a shot taker like Kevin Martin. Add in Lin's turnovers and that is going to be one offensively anemic team.

Asik is a beast but he's only ~10 PPG.

By the way, Harden is one greedy mofo to leave a guaranteed championship contender for several years over 5 million out of 60 million dollars over 4 years.

This makes the Jeff Green deal look like a steal, since they are going to average similar numbers just at different positions this year. Harden doesn't deserve a max deal. Only players who could be at least your second best player on a championship team ever deserve a max deal. That's my thinking.

Rockets 22 wins.
    Last edited by Pushxx; 10-28-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Default Re: Could James Harden lead a playoff caliber team as the lead player/scorer?

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Where are all of Houston's shots gonna come from? Harden is more a playmaker not a shot taker like Kevin Martin. Add in Lin's turnovers and that is going to be one offensively anemic team.

Asik is a beast but he's only ~10 PPG.

By the way, Harden is one greedy mofo to leave a guaranteed championship contender for several years over 5 million out of 60 million dollars over 4 years.

This makes the Jeff Green deal look like a steal, since they are going to average similar numbers just at different positions this year. Harden doesn't deserve a max deal. Only players who could be at least your second best player on a championship team ever deserve a max deal. That's my thinking.

Rockets 22 wins.

They won 34 last year, in 66 games.

Anyway, Harden is an all-around player. He scores. He's going to score. And they have a ton of solid players all over the roster.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

say what? just last week i said Harden would have to be the next breakout SG, now he's on a weaker team to get that chance. Plus he can make Jeremy Lin even more popular.

This is gonna make Lin so much more effective. Takes away the pressure of having to play point because Harden is so skilled. Now Houston has three play makes on the wings. They will play a very exciting style of ball. Should be fun watching Fox games this year.

Yeah you can be an amazing talent and not want to be the lead guy. He's not a lead guy, I don't think... you have to be a special person to really take a team on your back. There are so many guys that won't.

Think of Tim Duncan, for instance... people will slay me for saying this, but he's not a lead guy. He's got Manu and Parker who can come out and just chuck the game away and it's like damn you guys ****ed up... oh well.

Very few players can go out there (and this is one thing to Kobe's credit) and chuck a game away and be okay the next game. I don't think Harden is one of them. Unfortunately, the Rockets need him to be...

He has to shoot. If he stops shooting, his team will suffer. He can continue to get efficient stats, but it will affect the other players who NEED someone to be that go-to guy. He has to be a 25 ppg scorer IMO. He is capable, but is he mentally tough to shrug off those games where he gets 18 points on 30 shots?

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Harden and the bench mob last year without Durant or Westbrook were +14.6 pts per 100 possessions, better than the starting lineup of OKC which was something like 7.9

Starters obviously play against better talent but it's still a solid number for OKC's bench mob led by Harden
    Yea but when you are on the bench it's not the same as knowing you HAVE to play well or you lose. coming out and knowing the first play will put the ball in your hands and you have to set the tone is much different than being in a "bench mob."

Hell Toni Kukoc was a beast off the bench.

-Smak

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak

Think of Tim Duncan, for instance... people will slay me for saying this, but he's not a lead guy. He's got Manu and Parker who can come out and just chuck the game away and it's like damn you guys ****ed up... oh well.
    Quite obvious Timmy's not the same player he once was. Hasn't been for awhile. Don't think you'd get slayed for saying that.

Yea but when you are on the bench it's not the same as knowing you HAVE to play well or you lose. coming out and knowing the first play will put the ball in your hands and you have to set the tone is much different than being in a "bench mob."

-Smak
    Get out of here with that new age mumbo jumbo. it's basketball. Ball, hole, play, Harden will be fine as a starter.

National High School Star KDthunderup's Avatar

-Smak
    Harden is going to draw much more attention from defenses aswell, he doesn't have WB and KD to space the floor for him.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    Harden and the bench mob last year without Durant or Westbrook were +14.6 pts per 100 possessions, better than the starting lineup of OKC which was something like 7.9

Starters obviously play against better talent but it's still a solid number for OKC's bench mob led by Harden
    Yup.

OKC offense w/James Harden: 114.96 points per 100 possessions
    OKC offense w/o James Harden: 100.84 points per 100 possessions

PLAYOFFS

OKC offense w/James Harden: 115.13 points per 100 possessions
    OKC offense w/o James Harden: 102.46 points per 100 possessions

League average offense: 104.6 points per 100 possessions
    Leauge best offense: 110.9 points per 100 possesions

Harden is basically a more durable version of Manu.

What a dumb move by Presti.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Yup.

OKC offense w/James Harden: 114.96 points per 100 possessions
    OKC offense w/o James Harden: 100.84 points per 100 possessions

PLAYOFFS

OKC offense w/James Harden: 115.13 points per 100 possessions
    OKC offense w/o James Harden: 102.46 points per 100 possessions

League average offense: 104.6 points per 100 possessions
    Leauge best offense: 110.9 points per 100 possesions

Harden is basically a more durable version of Manu.

What a dumb move by Presti.
    Those numbers are ridiculous, even though I think the trade was fair, those numbers are crazy.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

The Rockets are going to need offensive focus I think. It should be interesting to watch this team grow.

Default Predict Harden's Stats Next Season

didn't see a thread on this...

i say 22/5/5/45%. i think he struggles a bit at first before finding his footing. i see FG% taking the biggest dip. can't say he'll be a superstar but eventual all-star is likely...he's really going to have to work on his mid-range game.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 10-28-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Predict Harden's Stats Next Season

22/5/4/58-60% TS. Awesome advanced stats. Huge +/- numbers.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Predict Harden's Stats Next Season

I dont know about next season, but this season he will get 15 to 25 shots a game in Houston. He could average 24 to 26 a game this season