Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 06-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Bobcats work out Brewer, Thornton, & Young

Quote:
The Charlotte Bobcats have a new coach, but apparently they have the same philosophy on pre-draft auditions:

Run them until they drop.

The Bobcats auditioned three draft candidates Wednesday morning -- Florida's Corey Brewer, Florida State's Al Thornton and Georgia Tech's Thaddeus Young. Each one said it was by far the hardest workout of their tour of NBA cities.

Sam Vincent now coaches the Bobcats, but that's a refrain team officials often heard when their previous coach, Bernie Bickerstaff, ran these workouts. What's so different and demanding about the Bobcats' routine?

"We went through a series of testing -- push-ups, broad jumps -- before we ever got on the court," Young said.

Bickerstaff liked to virtually exhaust players before testing their skills, to see how they'd hold up. It's different for Vincent. He says he doesn't wear them out quite as much, but he emphasizes checking measurable qualities that go beyond skill level.

His priority is defense, and Brewer would help. Vincent agreed with the perception that Brewer can guard every position but center. Vincent also liked Brewer's ability to create and make big shots during Florida's two national championships. "A lot of times with the game on the line, I had the ball in my hands at the end of games," Brewer said.

This was the fourth workout Brewer has done with Thornton. They're both about 6-9, but Thornton weighs 220 pounds -- about 20 more than Brewer. Thornton has an advantage inside against Brewer, "but he runs me around," Thornton said. "He never gets tired.''

http://www.charlotte.com/bobcats/story/159243.html
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Bobcats work out Brewer, Thornton, & Young

I'd like to see the Cats sign Rashard Lewis and Sasha Pavlovic. And definitely Milicic because we desperately need a PF/C and I do believe that he will develop better than Brezec has.

Last edited by onewickedlady : 06-17-2007 at 04:31 PM.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
bobcats_will_win
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bobcats_will_win has an OK reputation so far

thornton is a small guy to be power forward IMO. i like brewer, he can be a great offense player but we don't need a shooter. i rather take noah. or spencer hawes
bobcats_will_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
Felton in '08
Kids at the park dunk on me

Felton in '08 has an OK reputation so far

Have there been rumors about us looking at Darko? I'd love to get him here.
Felton in '08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I havent heard any
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: