Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: Report: Nuggets may trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Why? Aren't they in the need for some frontcourt depth?
    I don't want to put a Jerry Stackhouse mark on this trade lets put it that way.

Moose
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Report: Nuggets may trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

It will be interesting to see how this trade pans out for both teams. IMO, I think this trade is better for the Nugs. They have a solid starting 5. Not sure how it will go for the Pistons.

Default Iverson for Billups, McDyess

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease DOMINATOR's Avatar

pistons got way better deal... save money plus still contend for a title this year. who wouldnt do that.

I wonder what made Detroit waive the white flag and give up on the season....

maybe Hammond was the brains in Motown...and not dumars. on NBAtv they said that Iverson not only lost 1 step this year but 2 or 3! and on the radio they said the deal hinged on McDyess being waived and re-signing with Deetroit in 30 days.

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Default Re: Iverson for Billups, McDyess

Sticky.

Moose
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

All I know is that Iverson Nuggets jerseys and Billups Pistons jerseys will be going for dirt cheap on eBay.

Detroit is rebuilding.
    Iverson is a huge expirer but still does more for your team than Raef Lafrentz to keep the fans happy.

I expect to see the youth movement next year.
    Stucky
    Hamilton/Afflalo
    Prince/Herman
    Johnson/Maxiell
    Brown

They will have around a 45M payroll next year. That means a bigman free agent big (they could try to get Memo back) and could even trade Hamilton.

You won't even recognize them in 2 years.
    ----------
    Denver will have a new core to set their hopes on: Billups and Anthony. They both have long cotracts.
    All they needed right now was a good point and another big. They'll have both if McDyess still wants to play.

Defense out of Billups, Balkman, Martin and McDyess...I can't believe the Nuggets might be tough.

Starters: Billups/Smith/Anthony/Martin/Nene
    Reserve: AC/Balkman/Kleiza/Birdman/Dyess

They finally have a complete team.

All around bad news for Utah. Denver's legit and Detroit can try to steal their free agents.
    Last edited by Luigi; 11-03-2008 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPR

maybe Hammond was the brains in Motown...and not dumars. on NBAtv they said that Iverson not only lost 1 step this year but 2 or 3! and on the radio they said the deal hinged on McDyess being waived and re-signing with Deetroit in 30 days.

Thats kinda silly....we beat Orlando in the playoffs without Billups. You should not pretend to know whats going on with the Pistons....or what any plans are.

I sure don't...but then again, I didn't make the silly statement

Quote Originally Posted by JPR

That would make a lot of Denver fans sad. Dyess would really support their thin big men.

Quote Originally Posted by flintstone
    Thats kinda silly....we beat Orlando in the playoffs without Billups. You should not pretend to know whats going on with the Pistons....or what any plans are.

I sure don't...but then again, I didn't make the silly statement
    Orlando?! The Magic...LOL. what a bunch of scared babies. that team is 100% fugazy. i've never seen a team get so scared at the start of the postseason. they totally flopped in the playoffs. i wouldn't read anything into defeating that team. they're too young to be considered a serious threat.

Saw a basketball once PhillyPhilly80's Avatar

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

This is GREAT for the Sixers...definitely knocks Detroit from the top 3 or 4 teams in the East.

Default Re: Nuggets trade Allen Iverson to Pistons for Chauncey Billups, McDyess

LOL

Well, McDyess doesn't want to be in Denver.

This is a possible snag in the deal.

McDyess says he may retire now

Banned

Default Fall Out From The AI/Billups Trade:The All Star Game

Do fringe All Stars in the West benefit from the removal of AI from the ballots?

Is AI still popular enough to start in the East?

Will coaches punish AI for his bad rep and keep him out of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Hopefully this trade isn't finalized until tomorrow night. It would be nice for the Raptors to play a Pistons team on Wednesday without Billups or Iverson.
    Haha yeah, I was thinking the same thing.....hopefully those guys won't play and the Raptors would have it easier.