Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #16
Mathius
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: People need to stop making this type of post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I really hate all those drunk -pt- threads where it is obvious he's only pretending.

I don't care if you're pretending or not, what kind of life do you have where you think its cool to get drunk and then post on a message board about how drunk you are? The drunk threads are retarded, period and I NEVER read them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
if you dont like it, dont read it. its pretty simple.

That's some pretty dumbass logic. That's exactly why we have so many stupid posts on ISH. AND stupid posters.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #17
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I don't care if you're pretending or not, what kind of life do you have where you think its cool to get drunk and then post on a message board about how drunk you are? The drunk threads are retarded, period and I NEVER read them.

That's some pretty dumbass logic. That's exactly why we have so many stupid posts on ISH. AND stupid posters.

Mathius

Actually people responding to said threads in an inappropriate way is why those types of threads will always exist at a high number. Posters don't live in a vacuum. They get nothing out of posting something stupid if it doesn't create a response.The thread is a demand for a response, thus the response feeds those who create these threads, thus when people feed these threads more and more similar threads and posters behind these threads are created.

I bet I could find the meaning of life if I spent a couple seconds pondering that as well.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:09 PM   #18
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:

not really. its like a stray cat. if you feed it, it will come back. if you ignore it, it will go away.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:14 PM   #19
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

The drunk threads are pretty dumb, almost as dumb as people who come to a basketball message board for dating advice.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:17 PM   #20
Mathius
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Actually people responding to said threads in an inappropriate way is why those types of threads will always exist at a high number. Posters don't live in a vacuum. They get nothing out of posting something stupid if it doesn't create a response.The thread is a demand for a response, thus the response feeds those who create these threads, thus when people feed these threads more and more similar threads and posters behind these threads are created.

That's true, but his advice has no place in this thread without that explanation added to it. Otherwise he's pretty much saying "if you don't like it, don't read it, don't ***** about it".

And there IS some merit to a thread like this, pointing out to those people how stupid we think they are, and how we have no appreciation for their antics. Witness primetime and Yawn both trying to justify it in this very thread.

I never justify anything I do, unless it's just a case of pointing out logic where it was missed.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #21
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
not really. its like a stray cat. if you feed it, it will come back. if you ignore it, it will go away.

Difference is stray cats aren't attention whores (aside from Sylvester he was kind of an attention whore). There's been times where the "drunk" person gets ignored so they take over the whole forum and there's 20 threads that say things like "yawwwn...mi drnuk" and "wsated!!!!!!!!"
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #22
-primetime-

Quote:

Mathius
yes, they can be very retarded...but I don't think they are cool at all, not when I am sober anyway...I might have been enjoying the retarded internet action a the time though....but 90% of the time they are threads that when I reread them I just shake my head.

I can understand why some can be confussed here about drunk posts, especially younger posters. When I was in my young 20s I didn't even know what internet forums were really...I would pretty much do exactly what B-Low and Star said..."go out, Taco Bell, pass out...and I would be thinking the exact same thing as they do here.

When I got older and out of school, established a job, then going out and drinking turned into the common night...not something special on weekends only...it was just normal..."casual" so to speak even though it really wasn't "casual" drinking.

go to work, go to bar watch game, continue to drink and laugh it up at bar, come home full of liquer...and yeah.

From my point of view it looks very different...

I am trying to cut it out as well...so bare with me here...
Old 01-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Difference is stray cats aren't attention whores (aside from Sylvester he was kind of an attention whore). There's been times where the "drunk" person gets ignored so they take over the whole forum and there's 20 threads that say things like "yawwwn...mi drnuk" and "wsated!!!!!!!!"

And what rectified the situation?

1. Whining about it?

or

2. Ignoring it and/or mods deleting said threads?

Even the dumb kids at the back of the classroom put their hands up to look smart.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #24
-primetime-

Quote:
Kent, I really want to defend your logic here...I promise

the flaw I see in it is that how can you ignore a stupid thread?

the only way you are going to know it is stupid is by reading it...

now I guess you could base it on a retarded thread title or just the poster who created it, but as for the thread itself...IDK.

I usually just ignore any thread title I don't have interest in...

WWF thread???....never opened one.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:38 PM   #25
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I didn't know yawn was like myself...

anyone else here???

I have done what you just posted 3 or 4 times in my 2 years here at ISH...

been banned after EVERY single time...

plus they were always at like 4 AM and I doubt many got to read before all deleted...

are others doing this as well....or are you pretty much just talking about me???
Old 01-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #26
Jumpshot Virus
Banned

Why don't all of you just STFU already. I've posted many-a-times during all hours of all days around the clock got me going in circles all gawddamn day long - when I'm 100% non-sober and it's not that hard to do. Unless you're just knocked the funk out. It may take you a good 10 minutes to type a normal two minute post, but it can be done.

If you're pissy drunk, can't see straight and end up typing "alkjdklfjd" type ish, then you're nothing more than a phucking attention whore. No one does that.

I'll let you guys in on a little secret, when I'm posting on ISH (night/day/morning/afternoon/etc), there's a 79% chance I'm "out of my element" or "not all there" or "in my happy place" etc. Alcohol + posting is OK I suppose, just not all that fun and doesn't happen often. On the other hand, being "out of your element" + posting can equate to some good times on here, hehe.

In fact, if you see me posting in the NBA forum, I'm probably sober, clean as a whistile... but when you see me lurking into the back alley streets of OTC, you can be rest assured I'm coming to the table with a bag full of goddies. Otherwise, this place would suck and I wouldn't be here.

Me sober posting here about random BS is not fun for me; no value. Ironically though, if I push myself into lala land I can sign in, and all of a sudden InsideHoops in the OTC becomes a hot ticket to OMFG this is some maddness mang! good times.

Fun for me, maybe not so much fun for you. Whatever blah~! Me likes playing wizardly things and putting the knight against the dragon, chasing the monkey so he can abstractly get off the grand villain's back.

Last edited by Jumpshot Virus : 01-05-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Jumpshot Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #27
-primetime-

I don't really like the bad typing arguement because I type like sh*t when I am sober...my grammar is awful to begin with.

I don't think I have ever been like "Adsadh, aiheni, aghuiag" whatever...but there is no question that typing is more difficult when you are drunk...

When I reread drunk posts alot of the mistakes I see are typing the same word twice twice in a row row...or mistakenly useing the word "can" when I mean "can't" or "did" when I ment "didn't"...making it look as though I am saying the exact opposite of what I ment...
Old 01-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #28
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Ok, you obviously need a real person to talk to considering how many times you've posted in this thread. I'm saying this for your own benefit, not because I'm getting an upset stomach due to your hogging of this thread.

Maybe a psychiatrist would be more helpful than espousing all of your problems to the ISH community.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #29
Jumpshot Virus
Banned

Quote:
Ok, you obviously need a real person to talk to considering how many times you've posted in this thread. I'm saying this for your own benefit, not because I'm getting an upset stomach due to your hogging of this thread.

Maybe a psychiatrist would be more helpful than espousing all of your problems to the ISH community.

LOL + 1

The dude is analyzing his own drunk posts and all you hear is * crickets * in the background as if he's talking to himself.

I have my own bucket of problems, but I'm head-strong enough to find the light at the end of the tunnel on my own.
Jumpshot Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #30
-primetime-

Quote:

I didn't come here to explain my own problems...

I came here to explain the mind set of posting on forums after a night at the bar for those that don't understand...

It looked like you and Jay and maybe another were doing the same here...

This is another thing I see with this thread...people get the impression that you are trying to be "cool" or have some other motive behind it other than just goofing off on the computer...

btw...you were guilty of making a thread of your own problems the other night in that "in the last 4 months" thread or whatever...I am guessing that you weren't sober at the time either...but I responded knowing where you were coming form.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: