Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 03-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter

Toni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat coolToni is considered somewhat cool
Default Why isn't Roko playing?

This season is finished. He had a great game against San Antonio then gets benched for the rest of the year?

Jose is obviously hurt why is Triano still playing him for 40 minutes a game? To save his job maybe?

I wouldn't mind seeing the following lineup to round out the next 20 games;

Bargnani
Pops
Marion
Graham
Roko

Would be more exciting to watch, gives Bosh and Jose rest and might be bad enough to drop us another 2 spots before the lottery.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
SESSEL15
High School Starter

SESSEL15 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why isn't Roko playing?

He isn't playing because the Raptors Organization still believes they have a chance to get into the playoffs. Once the chance of that becomes almost impossible, you will see his minutes begin to increase. But until then, the pylon will get 40 mins.
SESSEL15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESSEL15
He isn't playing because the Raptors Organization still believes they have a chance to get into the playoffs. Once the chance of that becomes almost impossible, you will see his minutes begin to increase. But until then, the pylon will get 40 mins.

From Smith Today:

"First up, the Curious Case Of Roko Ukic.

I must admit to being a bit baffled by the use Ė or non-use Ė of the rookie point guard this last little while. Heís gone from 15 to 12 to nine to four to one in the last five games and itíd be all well and good, I guess, if they were five wins.

But, as most know, they werenít.

Finding out whether Ukic can play Ė and I think heíll eventually be a solid rotation contributor Ė was one of the keys to this season and finding him a consistent 12-15 minutes a night was going to do that.

Itís not that I think he should start, or even play half a game, but more consistent minutes would give a more consistent idea.

Yes, Anthony Parker has done a good job as the backup point guard most games and itís a role he might play next season. But thatís only if he comes back and thatís not a certainty. I donít know how much theyíll want to pay him, I have no idea if some European team might throw enough money at him to send him back over there but the simple fact is Ukic is under contract next year and Parker isnít.

And say one thing for Ukic: In the dying seconds of a quarter, a half or a game, the dude wants the ball in his hands. Too much, some would say (and there are times I certainly agree) but on a team sorely lacking wing players with the ability to break down their man off the dribble, someone whoíll try it is a welcome sight.

Heís got to get better at it, especially knowing when to get past his man and look for an open teammates, but thatís all part of the learning curve.

The curveís flattening out. "
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
jrcp3
GuardsWinChampionships

jrcp3 has an OK reputation so far

Colangelo and Triano are STUPID, if Roko is the future full time back up point guard play him and give him the minutes, stop giving parker the back up point guard minutes were losing the games anyways with parker playing the point so if you wanna see Roko's game grow play him. It's fcuking ridiculous!
jrcp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

i agree. its stupid of triano to not play Ukic. Parker is not a pg. Ukic did have some solid minutes for the raptors and is a decent pg of the bench. He is young and will be the raptors pg of the future. For ****'s sake, put him in instead of parker at the pg position. How stupid is this organization? F.U.C.K.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: