Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Default Re: Moving to Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    I don't have anything against USA but their version of English is like fingernails on a chalkboard.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    this is true. though the more you make fun of it, the more tolerable it becomes.
    Yeah I hate the heavy Quebecer accent too but it's definitely funny to imitate....the only thing worst is the French the Acadian newfies mumble

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    Pros: Less fat people, better looking girls from my experiences with the states, very little crime, free healthcare, stronger beer (but costs twice as much).
    Health care is NOT free. This is the most outlandish myth out there that is continually perpetuated about Canada.

One pro, at least out here in AB, is that there are nothing but jobs to be filled. If you don't have a job in AB right now it's because you don't want one.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAssassin
    get use to CFL highlights when you are watching a Sports Channel
    Ugh, this is true. The CFL is an embarrassment to the sport of football. Nobody, under any circumstances, should have to watch this shit. I'd rather watch local HS football, I really would, because at least then I'm not expecting them to actually be professionals. God the CFL fu[color=black]cking[/color] sucks.

Good High School Starter hammer2010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i'm an east coaster, but right now i'm finishing up my studies in ottawa. a half credit left and i can't wait to get out. i'm planning to explore quite a bit of the country next summer.

what about you?

I'm from Alberta. I am dating an east coaster atm, love her to death until she gets some whiskey in her, then I have no idea wtf she's talking about.
    I plan on visiting the east coast this summer for a couple weeks. Alberta and BC are beautiful, every one should visit if they get the chance. Montreal is my favourite city in North America though, despite the Quebecois.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Health care is NOT free. This is the most outlandish myth out there that is continually perpetuated about Canada.

One pro, at least out here in AB, is that there are nothing but jobs to be filled. If you don't have a job in AB right now it's because you don't want one.
    I'm aware we pay taxes, everyone is. Thanks for stating the obvious. However, in Canada, a majority of our taxes go towards this universal healthcare rather than an inflated military budget for example.

I'm getting negged a lot from this thread. Eat a bag of ***** you neggars.

Good High School Starter hammer2010's Avatar

Ugh, this is true. The CFL is an embarrassment to the sport of football. Nobody, under any circumstances, should have to watch this shit. I'd rather watch local HS football, I really would, because at least then I'm not expecting them to actually be professionals. God the CFL fu[color=black]cking[/color] sucks.
    That's true my buddy turned down a $60000 contract with a cfl team out of university to go work for an oil company for $85000.

I'm aware we pay taxes, everyone is. Thanks for stating the obvious. However, in Canada, a majority of our taxes go towards this universal healthcare rather than an inflated military budget for example.
    That's nice and all, but the fact remains that literally the complete opposite of what you said is true.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer2010
    That's true my buddy turned down a $60000 contract with a cfl team out of university to go work for an oil company for $85000.
    Its not just the pay, it's the quality of football. It's a fu[color=black]cking[/color] national disgrace.

BTW, the luxury of our dollars going towards things like a socially funded health care is thanks in large part to the 'inflated military budget' of our friends down south. God forbid we ever had to defend ourselves.

rank sentamentalist

c'mon, don't shit all over it. i haven't kept up with it in the slightest, but unless it's changed drastically in the last five years, i can't imagine it's that bad. i used to love the cfl and there were some great players. doug flutie, danny macmanus, pretty sure cavillo is still doing his thing, etc. what's so bad about it?

BTW, the luxury of our dollars going towards things like a socially funded health care is thanks in large part to the 'inflated military budget' of our friends down south. God forbid we ever had to defend ourselves.
    Very true. We shouldn't have to ever defend ourselves though. We're tight with Britain to.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by hammer2010
    I'm from Alberta. I am dating an east coaster atm, love her to death until she gets some whiskey in her, then I have no idea wtf she's talking about.
    I plan on visiting the east coast this summer for a couple weeks. Alberta and BC are beautiful, every one should visit if they get the chance. Montreal is my favourite city in North America though, despite the Quebecois.
    i just split up with a girl who's doing her phd at mcgill, so i spent a little time in montreal, and it was pretty much enough to say the exact same thing. best city in the country that i've been to at least.

maritimer drunkenness is a thing to behold. or is she a newf? i just got called out on that by a newfie a few weeks ago when i suggested that we were maritime brethren. turns out not so much, newfoundland doesn't like to be associated with the rest of the maritimes. lol

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Beer is so much more expensive up there. A case of bud light here is somewhere around $17, and a case of comparable canadian beer over there is around $30. **** that. And I'm not sure about other provinces, but the only place you can buy beer in Ontario is at "the beer store" or some other specialty store. Can't just go to 7-11 or a grocery store and grab some beer.