Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #16
ThatsGame
Bosh Saves MIA

ThatsGame has decent reputationThatsGame has decent reputation
Default Re: Can Serge Ibaka dethrone reigning three time Defensive Player of the year Dwight?

Pretty sure Asik has the best defensive rating, followed by Howard.
ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #17
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can Serge Ibaka dethrone reigning three time Defensive Player of the year Dwight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifgokcen
Sorry but blocking shot is not defense.

StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC
Deng has been the best defender in the league this season.

I feel stupid forgetting Luol Deng. He's not the best defender in the league this season, but he is worth being on the team and it just confirms, beyond any question, that Serge Ibaka will NOT make the All-Defensive Team. And he shouldn't. He has no chance.

I actually think Lebron's defense has been down the last few weeks. Not down, but not as high as before. I don't think he's taken it to any new level and I could make a very good case of him not being on either of the 1st 2 teams. Luol Deng, Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala, Shawn Marion...that's rough.

Should add that I believe the NBA has an obligation to make an All-Defensive Third Team and that Serge Ibaka will not make that team either...and again, rightfully so.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #19
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
Marion deserve it IMO
I haven't been following Dallas closely this season, what has Marion been doing? I know he's always been a solid defender, but what puts him over the top this year?
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #20
ThatsGame
Bosh Saves MIA

ThatsGame has decent reputationThatsGame has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I feel stupid forgetting Luol Deng. He's not the best defender in the league this season, but he is worth being on the team and it just confirms, beyond any question, that Serge Ibaka will NOT make the All-Defensive Team. And he shouldn't. He has no chance.

I actually think Lebron's defense has been down the last few weeks. Not down, but not as high as before. I don't think he's taken it to any new level and I could make a very good case of him not being on either of the 1st 2 teams. Luol Deng, Josh Smith, Andre Iguodala, Shawn Marion...that's rough.

Should add that I believe the NBA has an obligation to make an All-Defensive Third Team and that Serge Ibaka will not make that team either...and again, rightfully so.

? LeBron has been playing his best defense of his career.
ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #21
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsGame
? LeBron has been playing his best defense of his career.

Arguable, but I can't make the case that Deng or Marion or Smith or Iguodala are playing better? I certainly can.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
Jon_Koncak
Great young streetballer

Jon_Koncak is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I dont know if Ibaka can get it,but i hope Howards not gonna win it by default again.For sure he's a great defender but watchin Magic games it doesnt feel like he's head and shoulders above everyone else in the league.There are a lot of good defenders deserving some recognition.
Jon_Koncak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: