Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Question: Can you tell a delivery person to deliver something at a specific time?

Another one too... if I have a gift card on Amazon, but also have someone's debit card linked to my account (I have enough money to where the debit card won't be charged any) will this like send them a charge notice in their account or email.
    Thanks in advance

Default Re: Question: Can you tell a delivery person to deliver something at a specific time?

just give the mailman a 20 and tell him to give it to you when you want

Default Re: Question: Can you tell a delivery person to deliver something at a specific time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    just give the mailman a 20 and tell him to give it to you when you want
    It's something off Amazon though, in this case I think UPS would ship it...
    And I don't have that kind of money anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Wait you got money to spend on Hentai but not on tips?

But seriously, if it is UPS you're fvcked UNLESS they movies comes in brown packaging, which it will obviously will. But the question is if your parents will open the package?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Amazon gives the options of standard delivery and express delivery. You don't get the option of asking for it to be at your door at 3:51pm. Whoever delivers it to your house will deliver it as part of a set route that your home is part of and Amazon will send you some email with a window of days between which they think it will arrive.

FedEx, and USPS handle amazon packages as well. UPS will often drop off amazon packages to the post office for them to in turn deliver the package. Due to UPS not being able to handle so many parcels. So amazon uses a combination of these places. If you selected the 1-2 shipping then its a good chance that UPS will deliver. Unsure of their delivery times. If its a different way of shipping usps most likely. usps and amazon have a deal so usps has been handling a large quantity of amazon parcels (increased revenue).

No clue how UPS works but doubt you can tell them what time to deliver it. Usually they have a time frame where you can expect the package. Post office unless you're cool with your mail carrier? No you cant tell them when to deliver your package. Chances are since you are a kid you're not cool with your mail carrier. So it'll come the normal scheduled time you get your mail daily.

Let me guess you ordered GTA 5 and want to avoid your parents discovering the package given how strict they are against the game?
    Last edited by GOBB; 08-25-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    FedEx, and USPS handle amazon packages as well. UPS will often drop off amazon packages to the post office for them to in turn deliver the package. Due to UPS not being able to handle so many parcels. So amazon uses a combination of these places. If you selected the 1-2 shipping then its a good chance that UPS will deliver. Unsure of their delivery times. If its a different way of shipping usps most likely. usps and amazon have a deal so usps has been handling a large quantity of amazon parcels (increased revenue).

No clue how UPS works but doubt you can tell them what time to deliver it. Usually they have a time frame where you can expect the package. Post office unless you're cool with your mail carrier? No you cant tell them when to deliver your package. Chances are since you are a kid you're not cool with your mail carrier. So it'll come the normal scheduled time you get your mail daily.

Let me guess you ordered GTA 5 and want to avoid your parents discovering the package given how strict they are against the game?
    Well GTA V is going to be even harder since they will guess because of the shape of the box... thanks for the info though. It seems I'm fvcked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Wait you got money to spend on Hentai but not on tips?

But seriously, if it is UPS you're fvcked UNLESS they movies comes in brown packaging, which it will obviously will. But the question is if your parents will open the package?
    it'snot hentai, and my parents usually respect my privacy enough not to open it BUT they will want to watch me open it and know what was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Amazon gives the options of standard delivery and express delivery. You don't get the option of asking for it to be at your door at 3:51pm. Whoever delivers it to your house will deliver it as part of a set route that your home is part of and Amazon will send you some email with a window of days between which they think it will arrive.
    Sadly the problem is I'll be at school when it arrives...

Just get packages shipped to a friends address if possible. What is it about this package tho? What did you order

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Just get packages shipped to a friends address if possible. What is it about this package tho? What did you order
    A friend's house would be even worse...
    could i get them to drop it in the bushes?

Banned

A friend's house would be even worse...
    could i get them to drop it in the bushes?

No, and tell us what "it" is.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    No, and tell us what "it" is.
    Is there a reason you need to know?...

If no one is home when they try to initially deliver it, then they will leave a small piece of paper on your door called an infonotice instead of the package, on the paper, it will give you the option of signing the paper and allowing them to leave the package on the door step the next day, or it will give you an infonotice number that you can enter into the tracking section of their website, after you do that, you will be able to select different delivery options, one of the options is what time they will deliver.

This is only the way UPS does it though, sometimes Amazon will ship through USPS or Fed Ex Smartpost, and they will just leave the package no matter what on your doorstep.

So if it is shipping through UPS, make sure no one is home on the initial delivery, and they will leave the info notice (or they are supposed to) and once you have that paper, you can select the delivery time for the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    If no one is home when they try to initially deliver it, then they will leave a small piece of paper on your door called an infonotice instead of the package, on the paper, it will give you the option of signing the paper and allowing them to leave the package on the door step the next day, or it will give you an infonotice number that you can enter into the tracking section of their website, after you do that, you will be able to select different delivery options, one of the options is what time they will deliver.

This is only the way UPS does it though, sometimes Amazon will ship through USPS or Fed Ex Smartpost, and they will just leave the package no matter what on your doorstep.

So if it is shipping through UPS, make sure no one is home on the initial delivery, and they will leave the info notice (or they are supposed to) and once you have that paper, you can select the delivery time for the next day.
    My mom is always home though

Banned

Is there a reason you need to know?...
    So I can black-mail you into giving me your copy of GTA V.