Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Do we owe Jason Kidd an apology?

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Since the new year they are 11-3 against western conference opponents. the recovery has nothing to do with being in the east, unless you mean the playoff recovery.

also, kidd never lost his locker room once during the season and kept everyone on track. for a first year coach, that is applaudable and respectable. coaches do get a lot of blame but kidd was the one who decided to sign livingston and the one who decided to give mirza playing time. those two are a big part of our success yet people say "no, don't give kidd any respect".
    This.

I really like Kidd's decisions lately. I mean like he is one of the better coaches around just that quick. He really coaches well, now.

Man such hate for this man. I had my doubts ever since the news broke out that they signed jason Kidd who retired just 1 week before the nets signed him. I wanted a coach with at least assistant experience but whatever. Jason has definitely turned everything around finally controlling his team and coaching his own way without Lawrence frank down his ass. The team is playing well and I give jason a lot of props

Banned

screw him

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    For the way that we mocked him, kicking a first year head coach while he was down, calling him one of the worst coaches of all time before we had a chance to see how he would be able to run a team effectively?
    Well he was terrible and was one of the worst coach so I don't know what there is to apologize for.

Should we also apologize for calling KD terrible in his first year?

Team is winning despite of Kidd. His rotations, minutes handling and zero proper adjustments during the game are terrible. As someone said above, 95% of coaches would do better than Kidd with Nets roster, I would say its 99% Yes, even Mike Brown would do better.

Hell, give Pop Nets roster, and they would probably have a better record than Spurs now.

U guys are all straight btch criticizing a first year coach who was playing in the league this time last year

Name me another coach with the same credentials who lost there franchise big and turned there team into the powerhouse of the east?? I dare u to give me a name

I usually hit open layups

People should know that Nets roster, there was always one injury or another so it was hard to have a set starting lineup for Kidd. I think Kidd rotated his starting 5 more than any other coaches in the league because of injuries. Also, I think people here are overrating Nets roster, they have old KG and Pierce, Deron Williams were injured, Brook Lopez too (though with him being out, Nets have played better), Joe Johnson is inconsistent and is past his prime. It's not like they have any top 10 players in this league like the Miami or Indiana does.

Kidd struggled, it's his first season but he is trying out new things which is good. And he exploits matchup so well. Give his props where it's due. I criticized at the beginning when he didn't do jack, but now he ain't doing too shabby.

Kidd has been a decent coach, they have the 3rd best record for the last 10 games with 8 wins & 2 losses behind the Spurs & Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Team is winning despite of Kidd. His rotations, minutes handling and zero proper adjustments during the game are terrible. As someone said above, 95% of coaches would do better than Kidd with Nets roster, I would say its 99% Yes, even Mike Brown would do better.

Hell, give Pop Nets roster, and they would probably have a better record than Spurs now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    He is now celebrating by beating his wife

Banned

best team from the east in 2014.

a healthy lopez all year and not so many injured ones in the start ( short injuries but that caused 3843 lineup changes ) + if it wasn't for the frank-kidd conflict i think thye would be a heathy 3rd seed

Banned

3 games above .500 at 34-31 isn't something to be proud of.

Perception is all based on who they play in the first round, if it's not Toronto (washington or chicago, especially chicago) they might get bounced in the first round, and i doubt people are happy.

Nets are three games over 500, he's done an ok job. He's learning. Not sure what the point was of throwing Lopez under the bus yesterday as a "piece that doesn't fit". What do you do if he is healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Perception is all based on who they play in the first round, if it's not Toronto (washington or chicago, especially chicago) they might get bounced in the first round, and i doubt people are happy.

Nets are three games over 500, he's done an ok job. He's learning. Not sure what the point was of throwing Lopez under the bus yesterday as a "piece that doesn't fit". What do you do if he is healthy?
    Come on Niko u kno we the best in the east since the new year

Are u getting the lotion and tissues out for the pjax press conference??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko

Wait ... what??