Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default Can we admit Hillary had the worst campaign of all-time?

I'm more interested in political strategies than anything else. In my opinion Hillary underestimated two things non-mainstream media and progressives she alienated. Trump picked PENCE to solidify the conservative base. Hillary didn't have a left of center liberal representative.

Hillary was Trump's #1 hypeman. After the basket of deplorables comment. Every pro-trump group had a new name Trump's Deplorables, American Deplorables, Proud Deplorables, etc. It was brilliant marketing for him. Just like LoveTrumpsHate which has Trump's name in it to promote another candidate. lol

It's ironic Democratic leadership told Republicans failure to denounce Trump would destroy their party (and some Repubs fell for it)
    While choosing not to denounce Hillary actually did weaken the Democrats at all levels. It was pot calling the kettle black.

From insider reports the people she had working for her were all yes ma'am cucks and she thought the public Wouldn't even find out about her paid speeches.
    She ran a campaign that was outdated by 20 years and she got left behind.

Default Re: Can we admit Hillary had the worst campaign of all-time?

To be fair to Hilldawg, she had some things working against her. It's very hard for a party to win 3 terms in a row and she probably wins if all those hackings don't happen.

Banned

To be fair her crooked ass ran into GOAT campaign and Donald Trump.

It was going to be a landslide regardless of the hacks.

Lol

Are you kidding me? The candidate was the problem, not the campaign. They were in league with all the mainstream media to carefully craft the best message possible for them and the worst message possible for the opponent. It doesn't get much better than that. (although, they probably should've had a more clear message)

The problem was that you can only polish a turd so much. One of the least likable and electable candidates ever who was obviously only on the ballot due to corruption and nepotism. Clinton has virtually nothing going for her, that's why they pushed the "first female president" angle so much, it's the only thing Clinton has going on.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Are you kidding me? The candidate was the problem, not the campaign. They were in league with all the mainstream media to carefully craft the best message possible for them and the worst message possible for the opponent. It doesn't get much better than that. (although, they probably should've had a more clear message)

The problem was that you can only polish a turd so much. One of the least likable and electable candidates ever who was obviously only on the ballot due to corruption and nepotism. Clinton has virtually nothing going for her, that's why they pushed the "first female president" angle so much, it's the only thing Clinton has going on.
    All true but it seemed like there was no reason to vote for her. If she had Bernie as the VP it would be game over but stubbornness or persistence from her donors to allow corporate shill Kaine.

She didn't offer legalization of weed (which would mobilize millennials)

The whole campaign was a big f*** you more status quo without any sugar or coloring in the poison.

Without the hacks, I think she wins. When you already have the popular vote, taking away the biggest hit you took in the campaign probably leaves you winning the EC too.

That said, you take away Trump's biggest hit, the audio tape from the bus which was obtained/produced in a similarly illicit manner one may argue, and Trump is back winning.

Banned

Corruption ran into GOAT campaign.

People are ignoring Trump's 2 a day rallies. He had no real ground game and he was essentially the ground game himself.

I don't think anyone would beat Trump.

The many many rallies he did was unheard of.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

It was mostly the candidate (hillary). If they had a more energetic candidate they probably would have campaigned harder. They thought they had it in the bag...they were poll clingers. Their arrogance cost them..they didn't listen to the American people.

I'm just hoping she fades away into obscurity after this, I doubt she'll get prison time because that would cause even more gridlock with the Liberals. Although God knows she deserves it

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

She may not have lost depending on a few things. She only lost PA, MI, and WI by 1% I think? And some didn't even vote, but that's due to lack of enthusiasm, but that's on her. Her VP probably helped her get Virginia, but there could've been better choices to spark excitement.

If it weren't for the hackings, she may have had a bigger chance.

With that said tho, I think it's a bit embarrassing that she lost MI, WI and PA. And she had more money, staff, a high approval rating president backing her up, and the media going on her side and she still lost.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

She was just a very flawed candidate.

- No charisma, doesn't come off as genuine
    - Clinton Foundation
    - Emails
    - Is the definition of the establishment

I don't think it was about the campaign, but the person itself.

The American people are tired of politicians lying and Clinton represented that, they wanted change so they will get it with Trump, but the problem with that is it might not be good change.

With that said I don't think I've ever seen a candidate so close to being president only to choke it away two times, she was pretty much a shoe in the be the next president in 2008 & 2016.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers

With that said I don't think I've ever seen a candidate so close to being president only to choke it away two times, she was pretty much a shoe in the be the next president in 2008 & 2016.
    Lol @ being close.

It was a landslide defeat and please don't use polls to try and justify how close she was to the presidency.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    She may not have lost depending on a few things. She only lost PA, MI, and WI by 1% I think? And some didn't even vote, but that's due to lack of enthusiasm, but that's on her. Her VP probably helped her get Virginia, but there could've been better choices to spark excitement.

If it weren't for the hackings, she may have had a bigger chance.

With that said tho, I think it's a bit embarrassing that she lost MI, WI and PA. And she had more money, staff, a high approval rating president backing her up, and the media going on her side and she still lost.
    With all that said we need to give the Trump campaign for running a GOAT campaign.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Lol @ being close.

It was a landslide defeat and please don't use polls to try and justify how close she was to the presidency.
    Yes, winning the popular vote is a landslide defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Yes, winning the popular vote is a landslide defeat.
    In the EC system, it was indeed a landslide. And the fact HRC lost a landslide EC race yet won the popular vote suggests her campaign was very flawed.

The point I would like to add to this discussion is.... which single statement by either candidate hurt them the most? Trump's audio tape was bad, but it didn't change any minds or bring anyone to the polls - on the other hand (that isn't grabbing her by the p*ssy), the "basket of deplorables" comment to me was the single stupidest thing said by either candidate all year. You never attack the voter base, period. That wasn't a leak, that wasn't bravado caught on tape, that wasn't an email from a campaign advisor with gross content, that wasn't a campaign advisor making a dumb statement on the news, that was a planned statement made during a campaign speech.