Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: #34 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    ok. you are trolling. know you couldnt be that stupid.
    You never know on ISH

Quote Originally Posted by WockaVodka
    I've always thought Pau Gasol was one of the most underrated players in the game. I think Gasol definitely has a case for this 34th spot. He was a heck of a player and he was huge in those championship Lakers teams as one could argue that he was actually the best player or the real finals MVP in the 2010 one.
    another RG account

I vote for Clyde Drexler.

U mirin my face?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Gasol has never led a team to a playoff series win, let alone a Title.
    Gasol may not have led the Lakers to the title, but he should have been the finals MVP.

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

I'll count kurple's vote for Allen Iverson since he voted him in that last thread when it was already over.

Lots of variety on this one, 12 players have received a vote. I don't understand Bill Walton getting this much votes this high? So many injuries and missed games, along with only a few elite seasons.
    Same for me. Having 2 dominant seasons and being injured or average is not even for me to rank a player in a top 40 or 50 even if that player's 2 great seasons rank among the greatest of all time and Walton's 2 dominant seasons do not.

Banned

Gasol has never led a team to a playoff series win, let alone a Title.
    I think your referrring to your boy Kobe whose never won a playoff series without Shaq or Gasol .

The Lakers won the 2010 title with defense and rebounding. The dominant rebounder in the 2010 Finals was Gasol who got key rebound after key rebound in the 4 Lakers wins of that series. Gasol got 19.8%, 15.8%, 16.6%, and 22.0% of total available rebounds in the 4 win Lakers. LA greatly outrebounded Boston in the 4 victories and the biggest reason was Gasols rebounding.

EVERY SINGLE GAME of that series went to the team that won the rebounding battle. This was a series won by defense and rebounding and Gasol bothered Bostons best player KG all series as well, while also playing great help defense on the drivers. All Kobe did was play 10 feet off Rondo because he couldn't stay on him and didn't want to get blown by.

Only an uneducated basketball fan would think Kobe was the better player in this series when he shot 40% for the entire series and 25% in the pivotal Game 7 where Gasol got 18 rebounds. BUT HURR HURR 28 PPG!!!

Gasol had 13 turnovers the entire series and did a phenomal job in the post against one of the premier post defenders in the league. LAs offense was much more fluid working through Gasol in that series.

It's really no surprise that LA went from a .500 first round and out team to a mini-dynasty with the simple addition of Pau Gasol.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    I think your referrring to your boy Kobe whose never won a playoff series without Shaq or Gasol .

The Lakers won the 2010 title with defense and rebounding. The dominant rebounder in the 2010 Finals was Gasol who got key rebound after key rebound in the 4 Lakers wins of that series. Gasol got 19.8%, 15.8%, 16.6%, and 22.0% of total available rebounds in the 4 win Lakers. LA greatly outrebounded Boston in the 4 victories and the biggest reason was Gasols rebounding.

EVERY SINGLE GAME of that series went to the team that won the rebounding battle. This was a series won by defense and rebounding and Gasol bothered Bostons best player KG all series as well, while also playing great help defense on the drivers. All Kobe did was play 10 feet off Rondo because he couldn't stay on him and didn't want to get blown by.

Only an uneducated basketball fan would think Kobe was the better player in this series when he shot 40% for the entire series and 25% in the pivotal Game 7 where Gasol got 18 rebounds. BUT HURR HURR 28 PPG!!!

Gasol had 13 turnovers the entire series and did a phenomal job in the post against one of the premier post defenders in the league. LAs offense was much more fluid working through Gasol in that series.

It's really no surprise that LA went from a .500 first round and out team to a mini-dynasty with the simple addition of Pau Gasol.
    Friday night trolling? How old are you?

Gasol may not have led the Lakers to the title, but he should have been the finals MVP.
    Gasol was great in the Finals, but you should go back and check the road games at Boston.

Banned

Looks like no Kobe fans can counter any of my arguments.

That's what I ****ing thought.

U mirin my face?

Gasol was great in the Finals, but you should go back and check the road games at Boston.
    Gasol was better overall in the finals than Kobe was. It shouldn't matter whether it's a road game or a home game. The better player in the finals should win the finals MVP.

Kobe was arguably the best player in the world in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
    Meanwhile Pau Gasol never received a single MVP vote in his career.

Pau was a great player and did his job well, but your hatred for Kobe has made you retarded.

one could argue that he was actually the best player or the real finals MVP in the 2010 one.
    Not unless one was an idiot or trying to be anti-Kobe.

#34 for Gasol is wholly absurd. At least 40-50 spots to high to even consider him yet.

Gasol was better overall in the finals than Kobe was. It shouldn't matter whether it's a road game or a home game. The better player in the finals should win the finals MVP.
    Kobe averaged 10 ppg more than him and was only a few boards behind from the guard spot. Plus he took all the big shots and offense ran through him primarily all series. Gasol was not, in any way, better that series.
    Last edited by G.O.A.T; 09-14-2012 at 11:35 PM.

What does this have to with this ranking?

Should we start putting Jokes Dumars and James Worthy over Malone and Barkley.

Yes I went to prom with a better looking girl than you'll ever date, what's your point?