Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose or OJ Mayo or Michael Beasley

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    I see people are already jumping off the OJ bandwagon.

You talk about fickle....
    Have you watched him at all in college? He has not blown by anyone. He has not elevated over anyone. He has not overpowered anyone.

I know you love anything Ohio related but you are really reaching on this one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Really?

Mayo has Kobe's attitude

Kobe's been playing for how long?
    Kobe didn't put on this "badboy" persona (or at least tries to) till recently. He built his career on his "goodguy" image early on, which is why he was so marketable. Mayo looks like trouble. Rose and Beasley are safer picks. Mayo's a risk player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    he was freakin compared to the best sg in the league as a prospect... I had guys on here tell me he is the same caliber athlete as a young Kobe...Tell me he could be a better scorer... Then people act like he can just turn into Gilbert Arenas like its easy... He was susposed to be the "savior" of USC and one of the best players in the country... Right now he prob isnt even an all american or close to it... And dont act like it cant be done, the top prospects like Durant and Oden dominated college, look at Beasley...where is OJ Mayo, who at one time was called the next Lebron??

If that isnt overrated then I dont know what it is??
    He IS the same caliber athlete as young Kobe. Kobe was never that athletic. He made his name off of jumpshooting.

Banned

Who compared Mayo to Kobe skillwise

Mayo has the swagger of Kobe,and the talents of ?????

Nobody expected Mayo to be a savior at USC,nobody even thought he was going to come.Everyone knows that he is a one-and done player and he went to USC because LA is a major market and it will get him some more attention.

Nobody thought this USC team had a chance this year anyways,so really @ you thinking we were hailing him as the savior for USC basketball.

You also have to count the fact that the Pac 10 is the best conference in the country and USC had few non-conference games against weak opponents,compared to Mike Beasley who dominated guys at the start of the year.

Beasley didnt have the hype coming out of HS that Mayo had,like Durant didnt have the hype Greg Oden had.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    Kobe was never that athletic.
    second BS of the year nomination in just a few days

put the crack pipe down.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    Kobe didn't put on this "badboy" persona (or at least tries to) till recently. He built his career on his "goodguy" image early on, which is why he was so marketable. Mayo looks like trouble. Rose and Beasley are safer picks. Mayo's a risk player.
    Kobe had swagger when he was younger,like LeBron has swagger,and D-Wade has swagger.

Beasley is the most unsafe pick in the entire draft,now from what I've learned more about him is that his work ethic is extremely questionable,he clashes against systems thats one reason why he transfered out of Oak Hill.Beasley also is an extreme ballhog who calls for the ball 24/7 and doesnt even look to pass to an open guy when he has it on the low block,the only time he passes is on the perimeter and then he makes his move to the post and calls for the ball.
    Beasley does not play hard 24/7,when the going gets tough he gets frustrated and has a temper tantrum basically when he isnt getting the ball.

OJ Mayo has swagger but he plays hard 24/7,Washington State was up by 10 with about 12 seconds left in the game and OJ is playing hard defense against Weaver like the game was tied while the rest of the players are wandering around accepting defeat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sharas
    second BS of the year nomination in just a few days

put the crack pipe down.
    Hes right.

Look at HS clips of Kobe,he wasnt that great of an athlete.

Kobe basically played like Martell Webster in High School

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    I see people are already jumping off the OJ bandwagon.

You talk about fickle.

Durant puts up all-time numbers for a freshman and 80% of this board hailed him as an future NBA Great. Now OJ is playing within the system and you got dudes saying he's 'overrated'.

Funny.

Again, this is why I'm me, and you're you. I do my homework. I see inside the numbers. I evaluate talent with the keennest of eye. Obviously you people do none of this. You see a few games here and there and want to make extreme decisions based on irrelevant statistical boxscores.

Believe this, is anyone from this draft can be great, it will be OJ Mayo. I'm not saying he will be great, but his ceiling blows the rest of these cats out the water. He just big/strong/quick/explosive/composed enough to do anything he wants on the court. He doesn't need a position cause he is the position. If he's at point, he has to much strenght and size. Try to defend him at the SG position, and he'll use his quickness and in between game to eat you up. Plus he's a quality passer at whatever position he plays.

You dudes are too funny. Learn to make your own decisions and guage talent with your own eyes. If you thought Durant would a great in the NBA, then should really be saying the same Mayo, not because of a few freshman college games, but because HIS INDIVIDUAL SKILLSET TRANSLATES AT THE PRO BETTER.

As a pro Mayo > Durant.

Easy call here. Talk to me when you see the same.
    Kansas, Memphis, Stanford, UCLA, Oklahoma, explain OJ Mayo's performance.

Only game vs good competition where he performed well was Wash St. USC has talent and OJ Mayo is supposed to be the star studded freshman to lead the way. He's done no such a thing besides been a player that shot more than his teammates. What are you seeing so special from him? Outside of scoring what does he bring? Not playmaking ability or the ability to run an offense like a PG which is what many claimed he would develop into.

I see OJ Mayo and I see Larry Hughes at St Louis.

Hes right.

Look at HS clips of Kobe,he wasnt that great of an athlete.

Kobe basically played like Martell Webster in High School
    whether he used it to the fullest, is the other thing. but to say he wasn't "that athletic"? have you watched kobe/shaq lakers at all? he won the dunk contest too. he surely isn't in discussion for greatest dunker of all time, but "he wasn't that athletic" is also very far from the truth.

even now he does some great stuff from time to time.

What do u mean Kobe wasnt that great of an athlete in H.S?

Banned

whether he used it to the fullest, is the other thing. but to say he wasn't "that athletic"? have you watched kobe/shaq lakers at all? he won the dunk contest too. he surely isn't in discussion for greatest dunker of all time, but "he wasn't that athletic" is also very far from the truth.

even now he does some great stuff from time to time.
    It doesnt matter if you won the dunk contest our not,its how you play with your athleticism and all Kobe did at the start of his career was to shoot jump shots or go to the rim the way T-Mac does now.

You cant judge a players athleticism in a game off of a fast break dunk or in a slam dunk contest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    What do u mean Kobe wasnt that great of an athlete in H.S?
    Lebron HS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe HS

Lebron(HS)-Great athlete
    Kobe(HS)-Good athlete

Lebron HS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kobe HS

Lebron(HS)-Great athlete
    Kobe(HS)-Good athlete
    so what does that prove? i'll correct it for you:

Lebron - arguably the GOAT athlete
    Kobe - great athlete

ISH needs to do random drug testing here.

so what does that prove? i'll correct it for you:

Lebron - arguably the GOAT athlete
    Kobe - great athlete
    Thank you, because I've seen Kobe in HS and Sonny Hill leagues (during the summer). Good athlete is a slight.