Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tolerant Liberals

Default Asking girls to set you up with their friends?

Just being direct like "do you have any cute friends to set me up with?" to girls that you don't wanna bang.

Thoughts?

Default Re: Asking girls to set you up with their friends?

Good luck.

Nah. Don't do it. You come off as a creep 10 out of 10 times.

Women are too instinctively jealous to set up friends unless they're already happily married themselves.

Let's go out to clubbing/drinks. I will invite my friends, and you invite yours. Usually works out the ratio

no you pathetic small dicc motherfuxer. If she does, it will be her inferior friends that are equally pathetic and small diccked

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Let's go out to clubbing/drinks. I will invite my friends, and you invite yours. Usually works out the ratio
    And then your friends "flake" on you, leaving you with all of them.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

op is a shorty

Tolerant Liberals

Idk why I'm getting so much hate in this thread. Girls try to hook me up all the time. Why can't I be assertive with it? It's an easy way to meet girls who already pass my filters for background, status, education, etc since I know the friend and they will be from the same group.

OP getting hooked up with the gay friends, that's why it happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ISHGoat
    Idk why I'm getting so much hate in this thread. Girls try to hook me up all the time. Why can't I be assertive with it? It's an easy way to meet girls who already pass my filters for background, status, education, etc since I know the friend and they will be from the same group.
    Hot girls usually aren't keen on being hooked up unless its with a "somebody" (rich guy, pro athlete, etc) or a guy who's unusually good looking. Hot girls get more than enough attention on their own.

Girls are gonna try to hook you up with their fugly friends.

And furthermore, girls are horrible matchmakers. They think "I like her, I like him, they're a great match, I think I'll hook them up!"; the most important factor, "will he think she's hot" doesn't occur to them.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Hot girls usually aren't keen on being hooked up unless its with a "somebody" (rich guy, pro athlete, etc) or a guy who's unusually good looking. Hot girls get more than enough attention on their own.

Girls are gonna try to hook you up with their fugly friends.

And furthermore, girls are horrible matchmakers. They think "I like her, I like him, they're a great match, I think I'll hook them up!"; the most important factor, "will he think she's hot" doesn't occur to them.
    Women are a little smarter than that. They usually know the guy would barely be able to [COLOR="Black"]fu[/COLOR]ck her friend, but it makes her happy that her friend doesn't make the cut. Puts her one peg higher. This is female instinct at work.

Women are hard-wired to want other women to fail unless it benefits them all (see feminism). Women have scorn for other women. Very few girlfriends genuinely take care of each other 100%, especially if men are involved. This goes back to survival, finding optimal mates, self-validation, and ticking biological clocks.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    This. Unless she's like your BFF and she's asking you if you need some options.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

So in college, I caught attention to this girl who I honestly felt was way out of my league. I didn't even find her to be that cute although a lot of my floor mates thought she was one of the best looking in our dorm. I was mostly aloof around her, straight to the point, helpful to an extent where it didn't seem like I went out of my way, etc. She wasn't my type but I've noticed if you play it cool and be yourself, it's best to meet people that way. I wouldn't ask other girls to set you up. It does come off as creepy and desperate. Girls don't like that and some girls may even tell their friends that you've said that etc. Or sometimes you get lucky and the girl you're asking to set you up happens to have a friend who actually likes you. But even then depending on the friend circle, they may not even do that because they're too nervous to make what they think would be the "first move."

Decent playground baller KnittingRyu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    That is likely the OP in any interaction with females though.