Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Does anybody on this board believe in hell?

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    lots of people on this board do. Atheism still needs a couple hundred years to take over.
    take over and wipe out millions of people spiritually, mentally and physically. It iz tha end of days tho, and its bout to get as serious as it can get.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    take over and wipe out millions of people spiritually, mentally and physically. It iz tha end of days tho, and its bout to get as serious as it can get.
    Im pretty sure this is a gimmick, but on the off chance you are sincere

Atheism isnt the one that causes people to lose their shit and start killing others.

Atheism has not been the source of even 1 genocide/attoricity.

Some of the most generous people are atheists. Eg. Bill gates.
    If the only reason someone is acting like a good person is because they fear eternal damnation, then you have to question how good they really are.

Deity ★ Persona Hoodlum Science's Avatar

I'm not entirely sure if I believe in a literal hell (as explained, defined in the Bible), but I do not entirely dismiss it either. I do believe there's a literal heaven, but I also recognize there's the possibility it doesn't exist either. Some people would argue you can't have one without the other, but I don't necessarily agree with that

Perhaps there's no hell, but there is a heaven. Considering God is real, perhaps it's unfair to punish someone eternally who never even requested to be born in the first place, but perhaps considering God is real, you lived a pious life. You attempted to follow His rules and to the best of your ability help others, love others more than yourself, etc.

Perhaps when all is said and done, you're rewarded. Maybe it isn't these cliche harps playing in the background, singing angels, etc... maybe it's something entirely different from common perception, maybe not? But it seems logical if God were real, to reward His children if He feels they're deserving.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I'm pretty sure it is just Bladers. They are the 2 most preachy posters about religion and Fresh Kid seems to have taken over this mantle once Bladers stopped making frequent appearances.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I'm pretty sure it is just Bladers. They are the 2 most preachy posters about religion and Fresh Kid seems to have taken over this mantle once Bladers stopped making frequent appearances.
    damn, I never made the connection,but now that you have said it, I cant argue with your conclusion. their posts are even stylistically similar.

Atheism isnt the one that causes people to lose their shit and start killing others.

Atheism has not been the source of even 1 genocide/attoricity.

Some of the most generous people are atheists. Eg. Bill gates.
    If the only reason someone is acting like a good person is because they fear eternal damnation, then you have to question how good they really are.
    atheism does help cause it,cuz atheists dont believe in God, duh so that means most of them feel like they can do watever they want cuz they think they wont get punish for it. idk bro but you just gotta put two and two together, i dont think your evil, you just dont wanna believe and you still have a chance to believe in tha truth which iz God, but remember there are atheists that are really deep in their belief with not believing in God and many of them dont care about people like you and me, and thats definitely not a good thing at all knowing on what they feel like doing.
    Last edited by Fresh Kid; 10-17-2013 at 11:12 PM.

trust me on this, im definitely not bladers

damn, I never made the connection,but now that you have said it, I cant argue with your conclusion. their posts are even stylistically similar.
    how are we similar?

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    heaven is what you make it and hell is what you go through

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    heaven is what you make it and hell is what you go through
    i disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    how are we similar?
    Both of you guys are pretty fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Both of you guys are pretty fresh.
    u tryna be funny?

Banned

lots of people on this board do. Atheism still needs a couple hundred years to take over.
    I hope not. People who identify as atheist are generally complete a-holes that just want to be the smartest guy in the room, so they say sh*t like "Oh thoe silly Christians, they believe in a bunch of fairy-tales. Prove to me that God is real. We all know that it was the big-bang and evolution." Meanwhile, if you actually ask them to explain evolution or the big bang, you'll be met by a series of "Ummmm's" and "Uhhhhh's".

This makes perfect sense, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    I hope not. People who identify as atheist are generally complete a-holes that just want to be the smartest guy in the room, so they say sh*t like "Oh thoe silly Christians, they believe in a bunch of fairy-tales. Prove to me that God is real. We all know that it was the big-bang and evolution." Meanwhile, if you actually ask them to explain evolution or the big bang, you'll be met by a series of "Ummmm's" and "Uhhhhh's".
    exactly. they all have tha same damn answer, they all agree on how they dont know who made us, who made tha scientists, and who made tha big bang, its beyond sad