Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Any there any engineering majors on ISH? Is there a book?

If math is your thing, go for it. If you are just OK at math or you think you can just deal with it for four years you should change your major.
    times have changed. the economy doesn't care if a student has straight A's in literature, philosophy, or fine arts.

being near silicon valley, i see so many relatively dumb people land decent paying jobs with engineering degrees... guys who spent 6 or 7 years in school, not because they were working part-time, but because they were cancelling classes every semester/trimester when they realized they were likely to flunk the course. and they didn't even graduate from good schools, but from shitty ass places that any retard can attend. my ex's brother was one of these people.

I should have been more specific. Mechanical Engineering is my major. I went to class today and didn't have my homework done. Only 8 of the 20 something students got it done. I've talked to guys that are doing study groups and they can't figure it out after hours of studying the notes. One guy, he took 17 hours to do problem 5, and he only got it done because he copied a tutorial.

I really don't know how to pass this class. I mean I think I can do it if I don't sleep and find a youtube clip that explains programming. This class is pretty tough and I don't want to give up but I'd rather do very well in Chem and Calc than have this class drag me down.

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    times have changed. the economy doesn't care if a student has straight A's in literature, philosophy, or fine arts.

being near silicon valley, i see so many relatively dumb people land decent paying jobs with engineering degrees... guys who spent 6 or 7 years in school, not because they were working part-time, but because they were cancelling classes every semester/trimester when they realized they were likely to flunk the course. and they didn't even graduate from good schools, but from shitty ass places that any retard can attend. my ex's brother was one of these people.
    This is what I'd like to do but financial aid is not so forgiving when you try to pull this move. I can pull this once a term, but the next term I must pass all 3 classes. Then I can do this again. It saves your GPA, but the money goes down the drain.

The world does need great writers and artists but you better be damn good if you plan on making a living with that background.

Lol you sound mad.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Lol you sound mad.
    not at all. just giving practical advice.

What? I was an average/above average student from a decent university and I still can't get a job.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    What? I was an average/above average student from a decent university and I still can't get a job.
    Whats your major?