Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far
Default Wallace?

Hey guys...

Just wondering how my second favorite team is doing.

I'm from Cleveland and so you know my favorite team.

But I just love the Bobcats and was wondering what your assessment of the team is, how improved they are, and whether you are enjoying their performance so far.

I am so happy that Okafor and May are doing so well.

I know that Gerald Wallace was injured last year and was wondering if he is "up to snuff".

Obviously they are much improved. What seems to be missing (other than experience)?

They finally beat our (Cavs) team and Felton is a Warrior!!!

Okafor is back, and Sean May is playing like we all know he should.

I guess, what I am looking for, is an assesment in a long unbiased view of the team.

I am hoping that the city and state appreciates the team as it is... and can be patient enough to know the weaknesses and strengths and realize that it is a process that every team "in the NBA" must go through to evolve into a play-off contender.

I'd appreciate any comments, and wish them well.
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Well, even though I'm the mod, I'll try and make it as unbiased as possible.

From what I have seen of the team so far, they look like a playoff-caliber team if they can just stay consistent for all four quarters. Time after time they start very strong in the first and second quarters then look absolutely horrible in the third quarter, and by the time the fourth comes around, they're too far behind and the other team has all the momentum.

Wallace is doing fine and is playing well but is right now probably playing in the shadows of all the Felton and Okafor hype. Okafor is completely healthy along with May. Meka is shooting and defending well even though he fouls a little more than he should.

Felton has high expectations to emerge as this teams superstar player and he's showing he can live up to that so far.

Morrison is having a few rookie struggles but I fully expect him to improve as the season goes on. On some possessions he looks like a pro but on others, he looks like he's back on the JV team.

All Charlotte needs is some consistency. They have the players, they have the talent, and they have the leadership. It's just all a matter of getting it all to work and finishing out these games.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 08:34 AM   #3
bruzzes
I brick open layups

bruzzes has an OK reputation so far

Thanks for responding.

I can tell from your post that you have your fingers crossed.
One injury away from a duldrum season.

The team has some talent and it will take some time for them to put it together. I hope you have the patience to let it unfold.

That seems to be the toughest lesson for fans to realize, that there are ups and downs from game to game, and there is a process that all teams must go through before they reach the maturity level and actually become a "team".

I will be watching my favorite team and wish they stay healthy enough to become a presence.
bruzzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:49 PM   #4
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

It is nice to read some thoughtful comments and encouragement instead of the "your team sucks" drivel that is often written.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: