Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 12-21-2011, 01:59 AM   #16
AI Thornton
Homage to Al Thornton

AI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAI Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 1 on 1 tactics

I'm good for one game of 1 on 1. I take the defender to the hole and can score at will when fresh. But then I get tired, so I can't get to the hole any more or hit a J, or defend by game 2.
AI Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #17
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1 v 1 is good when your young, it taught bme to use my body during layups to protect the ball, and if my opponent was cheeky enough to try and reach in during my drive, the normally got caught by my shoulder and that made em think twice
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #18
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

This thread's been pretty helpful.

I am more of a role player who shoots open 16 foot jumpers. But I have little to no ability as a creator. It's tough for me to be an effective 1 on 1 player.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #19
poster
Banned

poster has decent reputationposter has decent reputation

1 on 1 is a joke, yet to play someone as fierce as me
poster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #20
Kiarip
High School Starter

Kiarip is considered somewhat coolKiarip is considered somewhat cool

1 on 1 is probably my favorite basketball match up by a good margin...

If you play a lot of it like people have said here you'll develop a really good mid-range jumper.

The most important skill you'll get though is defense. 1 on 1 is great practice for defense. Even if the guy can't shoot get as close as you can, stay on the balls of your feet and stay with him. Use your hands to disrupt his dribbling to slow down his drive, and use your feet to catch up and stay with him.

This BURNS through your stamina, since you have to play offense after this as well, but 1 on 1 is how you become an EXPLOSIVE defender, and that's not something a lot of people can do.

Also, lapses in concentration will cost you many points, so it's a good way to practice that also.

Go for the moves that you've practiced, trust your own skill-set, and try to make the best decision you can at every turn... All of these things will not only help you win 1 on 1 games but will help you become way better in any game of basketball.
Kiarip is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: