Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 03-22-2019, 10:01 AM   #1441
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: 2018-19 regular season. Time to live up to the hype!

https://www.nba.com/jazz/blog/lockedonjazz/post?p=3769

Quote:
How did the Hawks get the threes. 8 of them were assisted by Trae Young. Young gets into the paint because the Jazz are trailing him off the pick and forcing him off the three point line. The defender is now playing him from the trail position and he is going at Gobert and Rudy is occupied. With Dewayne Dedmon and Alex Len and John Collins the Hawks have bigs that will shoot the three. Dedmon had three of those assists for three and Collins had another.

the Matador strikes again!
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #1442
Xiao Yao You

KC Johnson: Same drill for Zach LaVine vs. Jazz: Warm up, see how he feels. Says his right thigh is sore. – via Twitter KCJHoop

Mike McGraw: Boylen said Kris Dunn is questionable for Sat with back injury. Porter doubtful with shoulder. #Bulls – via Twitter McGrawDHBulls

KC Johnson: Jim Boylen with passionate defense of Tom Izzo, who he said lets players come back at him and invests time with each player to build trustful relationships. “I’m disappointed you can’t coach somebody hard these days without someone making a big deal about it.” – via Twitter KCJHoop
Old 03-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #1443
Xiao Yao You

KC Johnson: Bulls exec VP John Paxson said Chandler Hutchison is out for season. Otto Porter Jr. and Zach LaVine are monitored day-to-day. Porter out vs. Jazz. – via Twitter KCJHoop
Old 03-23-2019, 07:16 PM   #1444
Xiao Yao You

KC Johnson: Jim Boylen said Zach LaVine will warm up and see how he feels. Dunn is probable. – via Twitter KCJHoop
Old 03-23-2019, 07:31 PM   #1445
Xiao Yao You

https://www.ksl.com/article/46516166...of-strong-play

Quote:
When Snyder recently overheard Jazz assistant coach Alex Jensen telling Georges Niang to stay ready, it quickly brought back memories of the all the times he had been told that as a player. It wasn’t always the easiest advice to take. Sometimes all the hours in the gym and all the time spent studying film study, only to sit on a bench and watch, was tough.

especially when the guys playing ahead of you suck.

not sure why all of a sudden people are noticing Neto. He's been doing it since his first summer league
Old 03-23-2019, 07:48 PM   #1446
Xiao Yao You

https://thejnotes.com/2019/03/22/uta...heer-mitchell/

Quote:
They’re just too darn nice.

Rather have assholes that can play ball myself

Quote:
Cynically, one could say that this is just the kind of thing the NBA does for PR points and, really, just about every player in the league has some kind of foundation (for which there are varying levels of actual player involvement).

Yep. Tax benefits giving money away.
Old Yesterday, 07:09 AM   #1447
Xiao Yao You

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2019/0...s-analysis-by/

Quote:
On offense, I think the situation is similar. If you know what the defense is going to do, and they don’t have any dangerous, adaptive defenders, really, all you have to do is make the right read. That’s easier said than done, but the Jazz are so good at passing and generally so good at making the right play that that’s going to result in a lot of open shots. Sometimes, the players don’t make them, but sometimes they do. Hopefully, your defense is good enough to win you some of the “missing them” games.

The D is why they usually lose. You can't expect a Ricky/Favors/Exum offense to carry you. If they get 100 points they should usually win.

Quote:
I don’t think it works as well if it’s Neto initiating this, for a couple of reasons. Crowder’s defender is probably less used to helping off on the perimeter if things go as they did, preventing a simple help onto Ingles to prevent the shot or help bottle the pick and roll. And because Neto is a better 3-point shooter, his defender is more likely to stay attached to him in the corner if the play would have gotten to the pick-and-roll phase.

Neto is usually left open from 3. He doesn't get respect anywhere
Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM   #1448
Xiao Yao You

Kevin Chouinard: Rudy Gobert has tied the single-season dunk mark (269) set by Dwight Howard in 2007-08. (Shot type data goes back to the 2000-01 season.) – via Twitter KLChouinard
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #1449
Xiao Yao You

Deandre Ayton hasn’t forgotten about the last time he played against Rudy Gobert and the Utah Jazz. Ayton scored a career-low two points on 1-of-9 shooting in 33 minutes in an 114-97 home loss on March 13 and called his performance the “worst game” he’s ever played. “Overall, I give myself an F-minus,” a disappointed Ayton said after the 17-point defeat. “This was a bad game. I definitely put this loss on me. I just wasn’t locked in. I don’t know what’s happening. The shots I took were pretty bad. This is definitely the worst game I’ve ever played. The worst by far.” – via Arizona Republic

Ayton could set the Suns rookie record for double-doubles after tying Alvan Adams’ mark of 37 set in the 1975-76 season with 19 points and 11 boards in Saturday’s loss at Sacramento. “It’s exciting, but I just wish it was a better season to really enjoy it,” Ayton said after the 112-103 loss. “I’ve just to finish off the season really strong and getting into the lab in this real offseason NBA. Just really work my butt off for next season.” – via Arizona Republic
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: